Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Doily Tip Round 28

Snacks!

Grab you some.

It's been a busy day already.

I cleaned the porch...swept it and bagged up all the leaves and junk.

The bird feeder is empty.
Need to fill-er-up.

We have one last hanger-on in the Crepe Myrtle.

Leaves from everyone else's trees are starting to turn and blow into the yard.

My house is full of men installing the new air conditioner and heater.
All of their names start with an "A."
Able, Alfredo, Alex, and another one I can't remember.
The dogs are freaked out.
We already had one escapee that ran down the street and had to be hauled home.

Now about that doily...

I should have done this earlier on some of the previous complicated rounds, but I didn't. If anyone has any trouble and would like some help on any of the rounds, please ask. I'll do my best to explain to you what I did.

On Round 28 where I have it circled in red above, you will have a hell of a time making that dc in the space indicated. Don't even try it the normal way.  This is what you should do:

Working in FRONT of the dc you just made the picot in, make a dc in the closest sc to the right (right next to your dc) but put your hook in from BACK to FRONT to make the dc. Your hook slips right in and you won't have to struggle like you would if you made a normal dc, and it looks good.

I hope that makes sense.  At this point, we are getting to the tough part. It's tough because it seems to take forever to make one round because there are so many stitches, but you have to just push through. Don't think about it...just do it. Show yourself you can do it. You'll be so happy that you did, and you won't even remember how tough it seems right now. You'd be crocheting on something anyway, right?




13 comments:

  1. Oh bother! I'm just starting Round 22 and you're telling me it gets WORSE? I feel like the cat in the hat.

    "I'm not liking this doily,
    No, not at all.
    I'm not liking this doily,
    even in the fall."

    Okay, silly I know but I really don't like how this designer writes her pattern. For now though, I'll keep slogging on through.

    You're having an exciting day today. Everything looks so gepree there. Our trees are all turning and it's definitely chilly here.

    Blessings my friend,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Armando? cause one of them looks just like the guy from the Rescue Mission that came last week and picked up my old dryer, his name was Armando. Just sayin. Girl, that doily is FABulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tootsie Rolls are the best!!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah... I CRUSHED it! It's on the blocking board and I'm exhausted lol. My fingers hurt, my brain hurts, and my butt hurts from sitting so long haha.
    It was so worth it though. I think it's so pretty. Round 28 was definitely a challenge and it took forever as did every round from there on. Thank you for hosting the doily-along Pammy Sue. I never would have crocheted a doily that had written instructions if you hadn't invited us to join you. Now back to the graphs. :) penny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip Pammy Sue I still have a way to go before I get there but will be glad of it when I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I thought you were going to have us guess how many tootsies were in the jar!!! And I was going to ask you if we could trust you NOT to eat any till the guessing was over. LOL

    The Doily? Gorgeous as all your hand work is. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I'm not doing your doily-a-long as it looks very complicated. I wouldn't have the patience but admire anyone who has. Yours is looking beautiful. I like the new look of your blog - very fresh and modern looking. Looking forward to your doily ta-da. Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, Tootsie Rolls.Love those. Thanks for tip; still have a long way to go until I get to round 28, but hopefully I'll remember you gave good advice on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slow and steady wins the race for me at the moment :-):-):-) I am pleased for the pic of the doily.. Back to the hook :-):-) hugs Pat..

    ReplyDelete
  10. One thing about dogs, they know who and what belongs in their territory and don't like strangers. Kinda sounds a bit like humans doesn't it.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How about Amos? Funny they all started with an A. Love the doily and the dogs from the last post. It feels good to get things all cleaned up doesn't it?
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a little behind, but I am catching up. I am not looking forward to round 28, but I will come back to your post when I get there and follow your directions. Thanks :)

    Is anyone else finding that their doily is kind of rippling? It did not happen until I got to the rounds after 16. Now it might be my own fault, too...I had to switch my hook from 2.00mm to 2.25mm because the handle on the 2.00mm was killing me, the 2.25mm is a clover soft touch and that seemed to make my elderly hands not hurt as much.

    Loving the CAL. :)

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was gonna say "Armando", too ;) good on ha for doing all those needful chores around the place!
    I could use some advice on Rd 16 with the 4 silly DCs after the sfpdc, when you get a chance. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥