Thursday, October 09, 2014

Creamy Apple Pie & Lace

Look at those fresh Granny Smith's...


Cored, peeled, and sliced thin, then added to the sweet creamy mixture.

I thawed a frozen pie crust and slapped it messily in the bottom of a deep pie plate.
All hap-hazardly and willy-nilly.
It's not going to show.

A heapin' helpin' of some hospitality.

Sprinkled with buttery sugar and cinnamony goodness.
What else for a fall day?

In the oven it goes...

It smells heavenly in here.
Sour Cream Apple Pie
Recipe over at Posie Gets Cozy:  HERE
(Looks like she doubled her topping)

Update:  We just had a piece. It's very good, but if you want your apples completely soft, you may have to cook it longer. I baked mine 1 hr and 15 min. The Captain doesn't think they're undercooked at all. He says he likes them still a little firm. I like mush. If you like mush, bake it longer. And I definitely would double the topping next time. It's a really, really good pie -- better than I thought it was going to be after seeing it come out of the oven. I will definitely make this again. We like it better than the regular-type apple pie, you know with the gel-like stuff made with cornstarch. The sour cream filling is delish!


I could not sleep last night after 2:30 a.m. so I started the doily. I don't have enough thread in Ecru so I'm using Aunt Lydia's in Natural. I got through Round 5. You need to join me. You'll be sorry when I have a pretty, lacy doily on my table and you don't! See my previous post for info.

All the fretting over jury duty was for naught. I was released right away. Ain't that the way it always goes when you fret? Seems like I'd learn, but it's a response I can't control. I don't know what I was fretting over anyway...just the inconvenience of it all and the break in routine, I s'pose. Fret-fret-worry-worry.

Distract yourself with some thread and a hook; that's what I say.  Oh, and some warm apple pie with a bitty-bit of vanilla ice cream all melty on the side.

12 comments:

  1. I could just eat some of that pie right now you have sold it to me thats for sure, I can see I'm going to regret not making that daily so please send me the pattern Pammy Sue, you have my email but here it is again anyway. Lndyf9@yahoo.co.uk
    Glad the jury duty wasn't too bad for you, you're right we always worry over nothing we are all the same. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pie looks awesome, I'll have to check out the recipe. I'm with you on the apples, I like them soft with no bite. :-) your doily is starting out great, it's going to be a beauty! Have a wonderful evening. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Pammy Sue - that pie looks wonderful, and I can't wait to try making a doily like that. Glad you were excused the J service. Have a good week, Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pie looks delicious. I can't wait to start the doily. I have the pattern and I'm ready to go as soon as the baby sweaters are done.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were released and sorry you couldn't sleep but you got on with the new project so that was fun. That apple desert looks yummy.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok girl, I'm on row 13 loving it so far! I'm going to make that pie even tho my doc says I am a over eater! Now I need to eat the pie and crochet some tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pie looks divine. I'm with The Cap, I likey apples to still have texture.
    I have been having some wild and crazy dreams!!!! Take a Tylenol PM! I take 1 every night.
    Hooray for no jury duty!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you are such a sweetie, I like you very much. You seem to enjoy your still life a lot and make me want to have a similar one too. I hate having a job where I lose 8 hrs a day, plus other 3 on the road, but what can I do, money must come from somewhere, don't they ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure could go a slice of your apple pie. one of my fav foods :)) lots of icecream and cream .. Heaven :))

    Never have been asked to do Jury duty, I don't think they would have me lol...Glad you have been able to destress.. have a great weekend :)) hugs pat..

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUMMMMMM, have seen that pie on Posie & thought "must try that sometime" but now I'm doing it this sunday for dessert, I'm all inspired after seeing yours.....love apple pie to distraction :)
    Have a great weekend with the pretty doiley
    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum yum! I love apple pie. I'm with the Captain; I prefer the apples to still be a little firm. The doily's very pretty so far. Glad you didn't have to deal with jury duty. I'm the same way, worry and fret over nothing all the time even though I know better. Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm, that sounds so good! I'm gonna make one tonight. Think I'll add a few raisins, too. Thanks for the recipe and the heads-up about the cooking time.
    I want to do the doily-along with you. So glad you got out of jury doo-ty. That would stress me out, too. Well, kiss the pups for me :-3
    Mary in SD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥