Saturday, September 06, 2014

Springtime Table Runner

Tah-Dah!!!









Pattern:  Springtime Table Runner (see book information below)
Yarn:  Rowan Cotton Glace in 50 gm balls, 3 balls Ecru #725, 1 ball In The Pink #819, 1 ball Shoot #814
Hook Size:  E/4 (3.50 mm)
Finished Size:  13" x 36 1/2"
My Notes:  The pattern called for 2 balls of Ecru, but I was just short and needed 3 balls. There was plenty of leftovers of the pink and green. My runner only has 24 motifs instead of 27 because I was trying to save yarn since I could see I may be running short, but ran out anyway about 3/4 through the edging. I followed the pattern exactly and found no errors other than the shortage of yarn. This yarn was wonderful to work with. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. It's normally $7.95 per 50 g ball most places online, but I got mine on sale for $5.95 a long time ago.

Here is a picture of the book the pattern came from:


It's a good book and nice and thick. I've made two patterns from it; a baby blanket and this table runner. I got my used copy on amazon.com.

I hope it was worth the wait. I've been teasing you with it for a while now. It was definitely worth it for me. I'm really happy with it and proud of myself for finally finishing it.

I'm going to enjoy looking at it a few days and then put it up until spring.
It's almost autumn, ya know!
I bet it would be really pretty in autumn colors too. 
Hmm...

22 comments:

  1. Your runner is absolutely gorgeous Pam and those colours look beautiful with the bowl of flowers. That book sounds interesting - might have to see if I can get one at my library. They have a fantastic selection of crochet books so its worth a try. Have a great weekend. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.. that is simply gorgeous! I may have to have that book.. but then.. I have too many books already which I don't seem to use. Imagine that design with golden yellow as the flower, olive green for the leaves and ecru as the white! For Fall. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!!!
    Happy Sunday,greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful.
    Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Pammy Sue..:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindo crochê e sala aconchegante.Bom domingo.Beijo.Valéria.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your runner is gorgeous Pammy Sue. It makes me wish spring was arriving instead of fall-which precedes winter, which is evil in my book! lol. I do think you could adapt it to a fall runner like Teresa said, fairly easily. I liked all of your little hinypts this past week. It's so pretty.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table runner is so beautiful. I love it.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew it was going to be awesome! But really it surpasses that. It's a knock-out Pammy Sue. You have a great eye for colors and design. It looks simple yet elegant on your table. Just the right touch. Congrats on such lovely work! :) Love your new header too! It's so pretty. My hook is collecting dust as I redecorate my living room and get things done outdoors before winter arrives. In my neck of the woods it could start snowing by the time October arrives. yay! Have a great week. penny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suuper!! ♥ And you even had the matching flowers & pot, great :D. Oh if we only had spring now! Too bad that the yarn indications were wrong, but the runner's size looks great nevertheless. Happy Sunday!
    Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your table runner turned out terrific and looks perfect on your dining room table. Looking forward to seeing more of your new project and hoping some of your motivation will rub off on me. Take care, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pammy Sue, this is just lovely. An inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful job on the table runner Pammy Sue, it is gorgeous. Won't you be thrilled next Spring when you pull it back out and put it on your table?
    Hugs,
    Meredtih

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! You could make one for every season and just swap it out!!! The pink/green combination is beautiful and looks great on your table.
    Great finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. SOOOOO pretty. All this thread crocheting you are doing is giving me the bug -- it's all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's lovely Pammy Sue I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soooooooo pretty Pammy Sue.
    I LOVE it !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pammy Sue, I love it! Make one in Fall colors! It would be so pretty!!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh, I hope you have some autumn colors going and we get to see that one soon, too. This is so beautiful. Especially with the little roses sitting on it. Well done. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Table runner - Sweet!! Love the new look too. I can't seem to get satisfied with mine and i keep changing it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. yeah uh-huh! Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yout runner is stunning. I love the photos on it on the clothes line it is beautiful work

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥