Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Japanese, Italian, German, French, English...

Okay, I'm really just posting to move that post with my pictures down the page and get rid of it. I want to delete it so bad, but I'm not going to. You are all very sweet. Normally I am pretty good at just deleting mean comments and ignoring them.

ANYWHO...I've been working on my doily, but it's still not done. It's a booger. I haven't done anything on the blanket because I've been busy with work this week, but I have done a little cooking.

First was a chicken and onion Japanese dish that I just made up using another recipe for Bulgogi Beef that I make.

Here is a sliced up onion ready to stir-fry after the chicken is done.


Here is the chicken in the marinade. I used a pound of chicken tenders, placed them in a gallon-size bag and beat them with a mallet until flat.  Then I added the marinade:

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup canola or veg oil
2 Tbsp sesame oil (this makes it SO GOOD)
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tsp garlic powder
red pepper flakes to taste
1/2 tsp each salt & black pepper

Marinate meat at least two hours or overnight. Heat up a large skillet (I use my electric skillet) and spray with cooking spray.  Remove meat shaking off marinade and add to the hot skillet. Save the marinade that's left in the bag. You'll add it later to the onions. Brown chicken meat well and then remove from the skillet. To the same skillet, add the onions and leftover marinade and stir-fry five minutes or so until soft. Add the chicken back to the skillet and keep warm. Serve over rice (I use brown rice).

You could add any other veggies you want with the onions, like red or green bell pepper, broccoli, cabbage, etc., but we like it just like this.

The cooked meat.

The browned onions.

I must have lost interest or gotten really hungry because I didn't take a picture of the final dish all put together. DUH.

Then yesterday I made this:

Lasagna! Yum!

I usually use some variation of THIS RECIPE when I make lasagna. Sometimes I use cottage cheese and sometimes I use ricotta cheese mixed with sour cream. Yesterday I used the ricotta and sour cream. I like it equally both ways...just depends on what I have on-hand.


1.  I'm watching Dancing With the Stars which started on Monday, are you? I thought it would be boring because I really don't know a lot of the people, but it was good! Tommy Chong cracked me up. When he speaks, he sounds just like he does on the Cheech & Chong records from way back when and it makes me laugh. He didn't do a bad job of dancing either for an old guy. My complaint about the show is that it's too long. And Julianne Hough doesn't add one thing to the show (they added her as a fourth judge). She's a bore.

2.  I was really sad when Joan Rivers died. I was always a big fan of hers since forever. I loved her!

3.  Wendy Williams is back on with new shows, and I'm happy about that. Maybe it's kind of weird, but I really like her!

4.  Pepperidge Farm Dark German Wheat bread is SO GOOD!


You know what makes all the really "dark" breads dark, don't you? Like the pumpernickel and this one? Cocoa powder! That's right...chocolate. Read the ingredients. No wonder it's so good. I never knew that until I started making bread from scratch.

5.  I want to get the iPhone 6 Plus, but I haven't ordered it and I'm not waiting in line for it. I'll wait a few weeks and then get myself one. It's my birthday and anniversary soon so I can get it without guilt. ;)

6.  If anyone has either of the two below books and want to get rid of them, I want them. I'll pay for it and for shipping if it's reasonable. Let me know in the comments and I'll contact you!

A French book...


And an English magazine...

This particular issue is the only one I want.

I think that's it for today. See ya!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Pammy Sue! Just checking in with you! Good job I had just eaten when I read your post together with the yummy food pictures!!! ;) Very tempting and delicious, I must say!
    I'm glad you are still working on your blanket and a doily as well, cool!
    I just read back your blog, because I totally missed the whole hoo-haa about your photos since I spent the weekend in England!
    How mean can people be? And why? (And I didn't even see the posts because you had to delete them). I don't get it and it makes me sad. :(
    The German bread with cocoa must be special in America, perhaps? I got some Roggenvollkornbrot (sounds like a mouthful, doesn't it?) and it does not contain any cocoa.... the brown colour comes from sugar beet in mine.
    Sorry I can't help with either book or magazine, wish I could.
    Anyway, enjoy the rest of this week, we are having a scorching heatwave here in Belgium, complete with mosquitos!!!!
    Love, Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Leave 'em up. So...you can be at my house to cook tonight, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am considering the iPhone 6 - am in two minds about it at the moment but I know that if I go to the Apple shop to have a 'feel' I'll probably end up bringing one home. I love my iPhone 5S though. Your lasagne looks yummy - have to laugh at Melissa's comment about cooking at her house :) Sorry I can't help out with either book. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love sesame oil too. It adds quite a lot of flavor!!! Your dish sounds delish! I am watching Dancing With The Stars too, and LOVED it, and didn't think it was going to be good this year. I agree that Julianne is nothing special as an addition! I guess as the years go on, they have to shake things up for the ratings. Some things work, and some don't. I like her much better on the dance floor! Cheech and Chong were so funny back in the day!! He did great too!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue from mi8:14 PM

    Hi Pammy sue......you can get the book from the author I think.....she has a blog. Eclectic gypsy land...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, your chicken dish and lasagna look delish! Thanks for the recipes. I have never watched DWTS - we must watch something on the other channel. Gadzooks.. the bread looks good.. we're going shopping tomorrow and I'll keep an eye out for it.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That crochet book looks interesting, hope someone comes up with it for you. This post was a culinary trip around the world. I've eaten Chinese food twice this week, so the lasagna is looking good to me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mouth is watering from this post and I just had my breakfast!
    We're having roasted pork for dinner,
    so I'll get my feed then ;)

    Good for you, forget all those shallow people, we are "Good enough".
    We have a campaign in Norway now,
    where the saying is "Good Enough" and we are.
    Wish you a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:28 AM

    Hope you don't mind, but I love following your blog postings. Enjoy checking in with whatever you are "doing" Best Wishes from Susan Smith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl you make my day! Thank you, be blessed and loved my,friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would sure love eating at your house!! You are always making such great looking meals. You are right... sesame oil does ADD so much flavor! ;)

    blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. So the newspapers collect your splatters?

    I've never added cocoa powder to bread! You're so smart! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! I always love seeing what you make for dinner!

    I am looking forward to seeing your new doily. :)

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yum! Your chicken and onion dish look so good and so does the lasagna. I didn't know that about cocoa in bread, no wonder I like all of the dark breads. Chocolate anything is wonderful in my opinion. I've never watched dancing with the stars. Don't know why, we just never got sucked I to that particular show. For years We watched American Idol and don't even watch that anymore. If I watch anything, it's usually HGTV or Food Network. Happy Thursday my friend. Enjoy! ( and I think you're beautiful!)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Since I have been, and still am sick, I have not been reading blogs, so girl, what have I missed? I will have to go back and see. That recipe looks good, but then all the recipes you post make me hungry. I am always pinning a bunch of yummy things but haven't made one recipe. Kinda tells me I am obsessed with collecting, so what else is new, nothing, no, really.
    Have a great weekend.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dinner looks yummy...I have made something similar but with fresh ginger shredded in the bag. Its good. This post reminds me I need to make soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥