ANYWHO...I've been working on my doily, but it's still not done. It's a booger. I haven't done anything on the blanket because I've been busy with work this week, but I have done a little cooking.
First was a chicken and onion Japanese dish that I just made up using another recipe for Bulgogi Beef that I make.
Here is a sliced up onion ready to stir-fry after the chicken is done.
Here is the chicken in the marinade. I used a pound of chicken tenders, placed them in a gallon-size bag and beat them with a mallet until flat. Then I added the marinade:
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup canola or veg oil
2 Tbsp sesame oil (this makes it SO GOOD)
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tsp garlic powder
red pepper flakes to taste
1/2 tsp each salt & black pepper
Marinate meat at least two hours or overnight. Heat up a large skillet (I use my electric skillet) and spray with cooking spray. Remove meat shaking off marinade and add to the hot skillet. Save the marinade that's left in the bag. You'll add it later to the onions. Brown chicken meat well and then remove from the skillet. To the same skillet, add the onions and leftover marinade and stir-fry five minutes or so until soft. Add the chicken back to the skillet and keep warm. Serve over rice (I use brown rice).
You could add any other veggies you want with the onions, like red or green bell pepper, broccoli, cabbage, etc., but we like it just like this.
The cooked meat.
The browned onions.
I must have lost interest or gotten really hungry because I didn't take a picture of the final dish all put together. DUH.
Then yesterday I made this:
I usually use some variation of THIS RECIPE when I make lasagna. Sometimes I use cottage cheese and sometimes I use ricotta cheese mixed with sour cream. Yesterday I used the ricotta and sour cream. I like it equally both ways...just depends on what I have on-hand.
1. I'm watching Dancing With the Stars which started on Monday, are you? I thought it would be boring because I really don't know a lot of the people, but it was good! Tommy Chong cracked me up. When he speaks, he sounds just like he does on the Cheech & Chong records from way back when and it makes me laugh. He didn't do a bad job of dancing either for an old guy. My complaint about the show is that it's too long. And Julianne Hough doesn't add one thing to the show (they added her as a fourth judge). She's a bore.
2. I was really sad when Joan Rivers died. I was always a big fan of hers since forever. I loved her!
3. Wendy Williams is back on with new shows, and I'm happy about that. Maybe it's kind of weird, but I really like her!
4. Pepperidge Farm Dark German Wheat bread is SO GOOD!
You know what makes all the really "dark" breads dark, don't you? Like the pumpernickel and this one? Cocoa powder! That's right...chocolate. Read the ingredients. No wonder it's so good. I never knew that until I started making bread from scratch.
5. I want to get the iPhone 6 Plus, but I haven't ordered it and I'm not waiting in line for it. I'll wait a few weeks and then get myself one. It's my birthday and anniversary soon so I can get it without guilt. ;)
6. If anyone has either of the two below books and want to get rid of them, I want them. I'll pay for it and for shipping if it's reasonable. Let me know in the comments and I'll contact you!
A French book...
And an English magazine...
This particular issue is the only one I want.
I think that's it for today. See ya!