Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Little Thrifting and Not Much Else

Thrift Store Find $3.99

I thought it would be perfect for Ollie.
He was miffed that I made him sit in it for a picture and wouldn't look at me or lie down.
Brat.

Eli is always so eager to please us, so he hopped right in after Ollie got out.
It's a little small, don't you think, Eli?
Look at Fletch's face. I could tell he was waiting for his turn.

He got right in after I made Eli get out, but he'd only put his front feet in and stare at me waiting for me to take a picture. He likes his picture taken and waited patiently in line for his turn. He's a good boy.

Eli was hiding under the TV trays after getting in trouble for being an ass.

I got a little snowlady figurine at the thrift store too, but I haven't taken a picture of her yet. I'll show you later. She was also $3.99. I have a collection of snowmen I put out at Christmas so I snapped her up when I saw her sitting on a shelf amongst a bunch of ugly dishes. 

I haven't crocheted in a couple of days. I'm resting my arm cuz I think I overdid it a little finishing the table runner and working on the Granny. There's been absolutely nothing going on, and I haven't even cooked anything except spaghetti sauce in the crockpot earlier in the week. Today we stopped and got some egg salad at a deli near our house for sandwiches for dinner. We were already out for a doc appointment and had Chinese food for lunch.

I'm off to bed to read. I got a new book today on my Kindle that looks like it's going to be good. I hope it is. You know I'll tell all if it's worth sharing.

See ya.

17 comments:

  1. Your Dogs are so adorable. I love to see what they are up to. I never can seem to find anything in thrift stores when I go in.:( I guess you have to be persistant.

    It seems like everyone is coming down with something in their arm or back...anything to keep them from croceting/knitting. It must be the change in the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrift stores are great :)) they have many things I want..lol.......
    Love love love the pics of the pooches they are so knowing...:))
    hope you enjoy your new book ..Hugs pat ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dogs are adorable. It's funny that the one the bed was for was the least interested in it.

    What is the name of the new book? I just got one on my iPad called "The Minuturist". It looks right up my alley!

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the due babies all wanted their turn in the bed! Hilarious. I haven't done much except play with Piper either. She keeps me hopping.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha - Eli and Fletch both look as if saying 'won't I do instead?!' Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Pammy Sue, I just burst out laughing about the dogs having their picture taking in turn!!! :)
    I love the look of their cute little faces! They got their own sweet personality, haven't they? (We got 3 cats and they are all characters!!)
    I love going to Kringloopwinkels (as they call them here in Belgium) or good ol' Charity Shops in England! You never know what you might find! I regularly find fabric at silly prices! Or a nice jacket or little trinkets.... sometimes I hit the jackpot and find yarn!!! Can you believe it! Then I feel very lucky that day! Sorry to hear about sore arms! Mine have been hurting also this week, so I switched to some knitting and maybe that helped. Back to crochet again now. Hope you feel better soon!!! Oh, and do tell about the reading, I love reading! :)
    Take care!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a lovely week end and enjoy your dogs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you nothing going on, no knitting or crocheting, just reading in the evenings. I am so tired all of the sudden I just don't even want to play with yarn, what is with that?
    Hugs to you and give all your babies a kiss for me.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha--those puppies are such a riot! =)

    Congrats on the great thrift store finds. I'm on the look-out for a rectangular doily... I have a project in mind, and it would be nice to buy one cheap this time instead of making one, but we'll see if I'm successful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! they crack me up taking their turns to pose for you! Love it! Hope your wrist/hands are feeling better soon! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha ha those dogs of yours are so funny Pammy Sue taking turns to have their photo's taken so sweet. I hope your arm is better soon, have a great weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What posers !!! Aren't they gorgeously cute. Ollie is a lucky little boy to get such a nice comfy looking new bed.I hope he decides to be grateful- in due course. Sounds like you're having a nice leisurely weekend- enjoy.xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice thrift finds; I love thrift store shopping.
    Great pics of the pups :-) Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The expressions on each of your dogs' faces just cracked me up. Which dog finally decided to claim the basket bed as their own? Thrift store finds can be fun for everybody, even your dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your dogs are a hoot. They have some personality for sure. Hope you feel up to picking back up the hook or whatever floats your boat real soon. Many blessings

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pammy Sue I just wanted to tell you how much I love your blog I look forward to it everyday I just received my order of threads to start the Autumn doily and I must tell you I absolutely love your choice of colors just beautiful. I used to make doilies and now find myself inspired by you and your friend on the passion for doilies blog. I joined her blog too but was unable to post for some reason that is beyond me something about a rrs app which could not figure out . Thanks for your inspiration for thread crochet have a great day love you dogs too!!!! Nancy from MA

    ReplyDelete
  17. Silly dogs, they all have their own personalities don't they. My younger male is a real pain in the butt. he thinks everything that comes into the house belongs to him.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥