Monday, August 25, 2014

Sunday Crochet Inspiration

I got a big surge of inspiration over the weekend...

And it resulted in so much enjoyable crochet time...

A WIP I had been putting off for at least two years ended up being something I enjoyed immensely. 

Several hours of peace and tranquility.

A good bit of inspiration came from Ana B and her finished tablecloth HERE. Just WOW!  What started out as a table runner for her to work on during the World Cup, became a full-blown tablecloth. Isn't it gorgeous?? You know it wasn't easy, but she pressed on until something fabulous was born. That's what you've got to do with a crochet project...press on until suddenly it's done. There's hardly anything more satisfying than knowing you had the perseverance to see it through to the end.

Of course I had all my buddies with me...
Eli in my face from time to time..."Pay attention to me!"

Ollie at my feet (when he wasn't in my lap) staring and whining every now and then because he wanted to be let outside. This boy loves the outdoors. He'll stay out there for hours all by himself laying in the grass and nosing around in the bushes. He's definitely his own man.

Um, and this is the best shot I got of Miss Sammi.

The other two K9s were around also, but they were sleepy-heads and stayed out of my grill most of the time.

I had the TV on watching a marathon of Snapped episodes. You know, Muhhh-duhh stuff.

And I had some healthy nourishment along the way... 
This was a piece of Orange Roughy I cooked in some cooking spray in a skillet and then topped with fresh Roma tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, salt and pepper, and a splash of balsamic vinegar salad dressing. OMG, it was so freakin' good! It's definitely on the menu again this week (maybe more than once).

I'm back at it today turning all my circles into squares with the green round.

Have an inspired day!


He who works with his hands is a laborer.
He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.
~St. Francis of Assisi

♥ Pammy Sue ♥

29 comments:

  1. Lovely colour combination and a delicate stitch. I have actually managed to crochet a circle tonight, so my hand is on the mend. Just need to be able to use it for more than 20 mins at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be one GORGEOUS blanket :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pammy Sue I adore those colors! So pretty. And just look at that healthy chicken dish. Deliciousness! For dinner I'm going to grill some yellow squash and Zuchinni we picked at the garden yesterday. Chicken will be grilled too. Just look at us. :-). Your "kids" all look very interested in what you're making. I'm looking forward to seeing how big it ends up.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see a theme happening right here on my screen. If you have the end of today's post and the beginning of your last post on the same screen you'll see what I mean. Very nice indeed !! Are you making a table runner or tablecloth? Love the vibrant colours. Nice pics of the puppy dogs - good to see they're keeping an eye on you. That fish looks so yummy - especially since I haven't been able to taste a thing for about five days because of a terrible head cold. Possibly a good weight loss aid as food just doesn't seem worth eating right now :( Look forward to seeing more of your latest WIP. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW.. I love your little hot pink flowers and green and white.. I think your inspiration tablecloth is awesome.. but I like your colors way better. Dayle was reading over my shoulder and told me I could make a tablecloth like that.. I'm inspired! Imagine yellow flowers in my dining room?
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:49 PM

    Well done Pammy Sue. Another color combination would be in fall colors as a table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh, I love those Pammy Sue!!! And the pups....so funny!! They do all have their own personalities, don't they? I also love the quote at end of post. And the fish looks yum!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your latest squares, as you know I do love the bright colors ;o) Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday.
    My dogs are sniffing my craft every now and then, looking at me and back to sleep.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is exactly it Pammy Sue ... You just have to give a little push ... And voila your project will be done ... And oh so beautiful ! I love the st Francis saying also ... I have it on the heather on my blog . I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty love the colours you choose :)) The pics of the pooches are always a joy to see .Have a great day :))
    hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your creations(both the crochet and the food!! Pammy Sue, you always do a great job. I look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You just have to love it when those bursts of inspiration come around. It's going to be beautiful Pammy. Have fun. Your photo of Eli is adorable. penny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your green color better than the picture alone with looks like an ecru too. looks like a fun project to watch in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's going to be beautiful Pammy Sue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautimus!! Love the close up of Eli. Mr. Ollie is a bit portly...lol. So is my Nubbie. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful color combination! Please hug those sweet furballs for me! 'So cute! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOOO pretties!! I hooked all weekend, and this MIL sweater is STILLLLLL not done. *sigh** I'm on vacation this week, maybe I'll get it finished. those little sqaures look like flowers on lattice. I like it...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the colors. This is going to be so pretty when finished. I look forward to watching your progress. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Que lindo crochê,já estou imaginando pronto;Boa terça.Valéria.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your latest project looks wonderful!! I was looking on Pinterest and came across a doily pattern that looks like something you might like to tackle -- I know it's beyond my skill level :). Take a look: http://web.archive.org/web/20080115065118/http:/www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/RoseDoily2.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. That WIP was just waiting patiently for inspiration to strike. It's going to be stunning, and so lacy!
    The pooches, as usual, are quite adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  22. going to be gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, how pretty is that! You have definitely got to keep going on this project. The flower motifs look amazing. I'm glad you felt inspired to do this one. I'm sure you if you are loving it now you are gonna be thrilled once it is completed. I seem to be in the scarf business. I keep finding excuses to make another and another.
    Have a great week.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Susan N...leave another comment here with your email address. I won't publish it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pammy Sue that project is going to be a beauty, I loved Ana's table cloth, such a huge amount of work and it ended up so spectacular.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your motifs are very pretty and your end result will be well worth it. I've been struggling with motivation to work on my WIP, you are right, I need to press on! :-) Hope you are having a great day. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  27. So schöne Hundegesichter !

    ReplyDelete
  28. So beautiful dogs faces!
    Greetings - Monika

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your babies are so cute love that curled tail.. my little Chi does that sometimes but I don't think quite as curled lol.. such sweet faces .. I'm really loving this runner would loved to make one.. It doesn't look to hard ? ... with love Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥