Thursday, August 21, 2014

Feels Like a Saturday





I had several more rows done, but I had to rip them back because I goofed. Now I think I'm just going to set this aside and move on to something else. I have a list of doilies I want to make. I may never use yarn again!

Sweet-bread batter.

 Mmm...apricots.

 Lemon juice and zest...

Apricot Banana Bread

I saw some of this bread on Lucy's (Attic24) blog many days ago, and I kept thinking about it and wanting to make it. The link she gave for the recipe HERE is in metric measurements and it's never worked out for me when I've tried to convert recipes to American terms, so I searched and searched until I found one as similar in ingredients as I could.  Pay dirt!  Here is how I made mine with a few little adjustments included.

Apricot Banana Bread
           
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 c. dried apricots, chopped
1 c. mashed bananas (2 med.)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. sugar
1 stick melted butter
1 1/2 tbsp. buttermilk or sour milk
1 lemon (I used about 1 Tbsp of juice and 2 tsp zest or less)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. salt

Combine bananas, eggs, sugar, butter, buttermilk, lemon zest, and lemon juice and beat until smooth. Stir in flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Stir in apricots, and raisins. Pour into greased and floured bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until pick comes out dry.

Adapted from:  Bakes and Makes Blog

Oh yes. It's good.

I ordered myself some perfume the other day. Weirdly, I order perfume online a lot without knowing what it smells like. I knew when I read this had musk and sandlewood in it that I'd like it, and sure enough, I do.

I got the body lotion too. People can smell you better if you use both, but it's not so strong that it singes their eyebrows off when you walk by. It's by Jessica Simpson, and it's called Vintage Bloom. She's got a new one coming out very soon, but I don't know what it's called. I have one of her purses too. I like her.

There was something else I was going to tell you...hmm.  What was it?

Oh, yeah...that book, Pam of Babylon, I told you I was gonna read?

It was good!

Now they've got me by the short hairs (I hate that saying. Why did I say that?), and I'm going to buy the others in the series. I got the first one for free from BookBub. The second one is only 99 cents though (Kindle Fire edition) HERE.

This is #2
I wonder what will happen next?
And then next?
And next?

See ya!

9 comments:

  1. It does feel weird switching from crochet thread to yarn when using one for a long time. Even changing the hook size is weird. I am still hooking with the yarn, making Christmas presents now. Seems I always find an excuse to keep this up, maybe cause I have promised to make my daughter's t-shirt quilt and have procrastinated every chance I get. She suggested she could take it to someone else to do it, well that isn't happening, I spent close to $100 for many different sized plexiglass templates to cut those shirts and I would be mad. That doily you are making now is pretty like all the rest. I have always loved doilies. The bread looks good too. Heck everything looks good to me now that I have joined Weight Watchers and trying to cut back. I have been at it since the end of May and let me just say this is the most expensive 12 pounds I have ever lost, but oh well, it could be 12 pounds gained. At least I have someone looking over my shoulder and trying to keep me in line, but we all know, in the end it is all up to us.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty doily Pammy Sue. I really like the blue. The bread sounds delicious...but then everything does right now. It's almost 10:00 at night on my second fast of the week. :-).
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love working with cotton too it gives such a lovely finish and the colours are brighter some how I love the blue and white combo in this doily Pammy Sue it's going to be another beauty I can tell. The bread looks yummy I wish I could just reach in there and take a piece. I can't wear perfume but wish I could and I'm gldad you enjoyed your book, I'm off to check it out. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought that book 77p on kindle, looking forward to reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit I always like Jessica too. She has so much more class than say, Paris, or that human-train-wreck Lohan. Prettier too.

    I'm loving the bookbub! have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the thread is beautiful, although I have never worked with thread so I am not sure my opinion counts. I may have to look up those books.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers look gorgeous - what a pretty view from your window ! Love the new doily and such pretty colours too. You should try selling them somewhere - I reckon you'd do really well. Have a nice weekend. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Três coisas que inspiram a gente :)) crochê,boa culinária e perfume gostoso,amei o seu post.Beijo amiga.Valéria.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that bread looks so yummy going to give it a try.. and the perfume looks yummy too.. I love Jessica Simpson,though I have never tried her perfume you just inspired me. I have bought her bags underwear and other things Ross store carries some of her things. I really have to get online to order some thread I like this turquoise that you got .. the doily looks interesting you sound like me leaving something alone and going bad to a past started not finished one.. lol... all your pictures are so lovely.. with love Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥