Tuesday, August 05, 2014

A Country Salad and Puffy Clouds

 Cornbread Salad in the making...

All layered up...

And ready to chill. This dish is a summer must around here.

Man, it's good!

In a 9" x 13" pan, I layered 1 box of cooled and crumbled Jiffy cornbread mix made according to directions with 1 tsp ground cumin added.  Then I layered on 1 can of drained corn, 1 can of drained pinto beans, a 4-oz jar of drained pimento, and covered all that with Ranch dressing made with 1 pkg Ranch dressing mix, 1 cup mayo, and one cup of sour cream.  Then add about 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar and chopped green onion and tomatoes on top.  I added a little extra cheese because I messed up and put the cheese in before the Ranch dressing...oops. Serve chilled.  (I like the Jiffy cornbread mix because it's sweet, and I like the sweet taste of it with all the other flavors.  You can also add cooked chopped bacon, but I didn't do that this time.

A loaf of zucchini bread I made Sunday.
Recipe was from Cook's Magazine.

My new photography book came in the mail.
Looks like some fun things to do and learn.
I haven't cracked it open yet.


We had the biggest puffy clouds this morning.
Looks like you could reach out and touch them, doesn't it?

This poor bird looked worse for wear.
He looked like he'd been in a cat fight.
I hope not.

I gots nothin' else.
See ya.

17 comments:

  1. You had me at "cornbread" and even more so when you added each layer. You didn't even add that bacon but my mouth was watering with just the mention of the stuff. I have been up since yesterday morning. I made up my mind I was going to organize this sewing/craft room of mine and I would not do another thing all day (or tomorrow) until this place is looking like someone cares. I am finding stuff I haven't seen in a year. I will be so relieved when it isn't looking like the beginning of an episode of The Hoarders. What was worrying me was that my last several shopping trips landed the bags on the floor in the spare bedroom where I sleep. Several bags of yarn, and a few other things and finally I couldn't stand it anymore. I was gonna take a nap, but that is what caffeine is for, right! Now I am on a buzz, lol
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GET OUT!!! I'm gonna go make it NOW!!!!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! That looks delicious. I think I'll make it to share at the lake when I go home.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am back to report that it was DELISH!!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't have corn bread mixes here in the UK, or Ranch sauce :( shame as this looks totally delicious!!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet your husband loves you being such a good cook. My mouth waters when I see your food postings. I am not a cook at all. The fastest way is the best way for me. At least I do have the crochet and knitting plus other crafts "streak" in me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had never had Cornbread Salad until several years ago. Love it! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had never had Cornbread Salad until several years ago. Love it! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man! I wish someone would make that cornbread salad when I come "home" next. I have had the recipe for years and have never made it. I'd even do all the chopping, mixing, etc....

    Poor birdy does look kind of raggedy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The food and the crotchets thing.... you sure make lots of good things... and cute posts and all that.

    Nice pictures...

    I can't get over the food though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG That salad looks amazing. I will so be making that. Thanks for recipe. How was the bread.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the food pictures and it makes me hungry and the bird is a baby has not feathered out yet, I do beleive :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you realize how many of your recipes I have printed out..and now you have another..no wonder I can't get my cholesterol under control..too many good tasting foods. Hope all is well in TX. Your pics are gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pammy Sue, the salad and zucchini bread look so good. Nothing better than homemade food. I haven't been feeling like cooking lately, but these photos inspire me to get into the kitchen and put an apron on. Love the photos of the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't get over how many tasty looking things you cook. That salad looks so good. Does it really look like that or are you playing camera tricks ??? You're posting some pretty impressive pictures these days - are you sure you need to learn more ? Have a lovely weekend. xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. MMMM mmmmm mmmmmmm! It's only 9am here and I want this. NOW! lol

    Hi dear! Popping in again to say hi! Hi! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the recipe! I just added those ingredients to my grocery shopping list. About the bird, I agree with MadTatter. It's probably just a juvenile having a bad hair day! ;-) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥