Friday, July 11, 2014

Nurse Pammy

At the hospital with The Captain.

Hee-hee! He was out of it in this picture and his mouth was hanging open so edited it a bit to white-out the undignified parts. Okay, maybe it's still a little undignified. That's what he gets for not reading my blog. LOL. He'll never know.

Anywho...that's where we were yesterday. He had some delicate outpatient surgery and we were home by the afternoon. I'm playing nursemaid this weekend. Bless his heart. He'll be home from work for four weeks.

While I was waiting for his surgery to be over, I took a few snaps of the hospital lobby. Hospitals aren't what they used to be! The new ones all look like this now around here. You can't even tell it's a hospital from the outside.




All my iphone pictures are of the ceiling and upper walls. There were quite a few people in the lobby and I didn't want to look like some kind of stalker taking their pictures. But the furniture is all fancy (fancier than in my house anyway), and there was a big coffee and pastry bar free to patients and families. I had a couple of my surgeries here, and it's a really nice place with big wooden amoirs in the patient rooms and things like that. Very fancy. It should be like that for the prices we pay! Now I sound old.



I have managed to finish ALL of the squares for my blanket. Yay! I need to lay them all out and figure out how I'm going to put them together. I'm going to first try crocheting them together with sc on the wrong side and then crocheting a nice border for it. I hope to finish it this weekend. I hope, I hope, I hope. I'll be back with pics when it's done.

Bye!

17 comments:

  1. I hope the captain is feeling better soon. Enjoy him being home. I'm sure you'll be cooking up a storm. Can't wait to see your blanket. Take care, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Cap! I'm glad he has such a good wife to take care of him! I am sure you will get lots done on your blanket while you're on nurse duty. Take good care of you both! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your hubby is feeling better soon, and good luck being the nurse. My husband is a horrible patient, hope yours is better.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like a very posh Hospital Pammy Sue, hope the captain makes a very speedy recovery, looking forward to seeing your blanket, have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like every time I get to read blogs, I find that I have missed three or four in a row!!! Love your dining room curtains! And you are getting good with your camera! Love the pink and white doily! And I am loving the shades of blue squares!
    WHAT happeded to the CAP??????? Poor guy!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sure is some hospital lobby !! I hope the captain makes a speedy recovery and enjoys your nursing skills :) Look forward to seeing your new blanket. Have a good weekend. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope he is feeling better! and Wow that is a fancy pants hospital! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope he feels better soon. That's some hospital! I have only been in one or two in the past few years and the lobbies weren't that nice but when I had my daughter, the recovery room was like a hotel! It was seriously beautiful. I'm sure the insurance company hated every second I spent there, haha. I had to laugh at the stalker comment, not to mention the HIPAA (or whatever) laws, they'd come and get you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the Captain recovers fast. Spoil him while he's home. He deserves it.
    Beca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending get well wishes to your husband. Hope he feels better soon. :)

    Looking forward to seeing your lovely blanket.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah! A picture of you. I'm sorry the Captain had to have surgery and hope he feels better very soon. Just think of the time you get to spend together. :-). I'm looking forward to seeing your finished blanket. The individual squares are beautiful so the entire blanket should be stunning!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry, I seem to have missed your last few posts, but you have made some beautiful things! I hope that your husband is feeling much better by now and that he will be fit and well again very soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous6:18 AM

    armoire............dork

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the best for the captain!! I'm sure he will get well soon with such a perfect nurse :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very best of wishes for a speedy recovery to your hubbie Pammy Sue..Take care for yourself also .
    hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg Pammy Sue hope the captain is already feeling better... You will be a great nurse to him. Can't wait to see the blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok dear, I'm all caught up with you again. I have 7 weeks of work left. :( This sux.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥