Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Get Your Headphones Out

Seriously. Get them out.
It's so much better with headphones.



I remember seeing him perform this song on Saturday Night Live with about 15 African men singing and dancing in a line behind him. Every time I hear this song, I want to dance like they did, and I usually do. Love this song. If you've never heard it, stick with it. The tempo changes at about the 1:00 mark.

I originally went to YouTube to listen to the below song because it's been stuck in my head for days so I needed to hear it...


While listening to this song, I was reading what it was about. Supposedly, Paul was at a Chinese restaurant and saw some egg drop soup on the menu called "Mother and Child Reunion," and he was inspired to write the song...kind of tongue in cheek. It's not as serious as it sounds and has a completely different meaning when you know that story.

And then I had to add this one because it's just so much fun.

 

I'm chillin' today. What are YOU doing?  (Cap is feeling better. I just made him a sandwich and he ate it.)

11 comments:

  1. Same here. Thanks for the music!!! Yea for Cap feeling better!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the music! I love Paul Simon and I think I have that CD! I'm going to go look for it. It must be buried because I haven't seen it in a long time.
    Hope K. is feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul Simon has always been a favorite. I have had that cd for years and every once in awhile I get it out and play it. Makes me laugh when you wrote about the meaning of the Mother and Child Reunion song, and how it came to be written. Little tid bits like that are fun to know. I just found out recently that Mariska Hagerty from Law & Order's SVU is the daughter of the late actress and bomb shell Jayne Mansfield who died years ago in an auto accident. Now who would have ever thought that, lol
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is coming to Perth, Western Australia early next year and doing an outdoor concert with Sting. Sold out already :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the upbeat post Pammy Sue. I've always enjoyed Paul Simon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I was watching that piece too! So I wasn't the only one watching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved Paul Simon.. and he's cute, too. I'm glad to hear Cap is doing better!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband is a huge Paul Simon fan. He really loves the Graceland album. I like it too, I think every song on there is excellent. I think we watched it on Netflix, if you're interested, but there's a great documentary about the making of his album with the African men.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:19 AM

    Yes love Graceland! One of the top ten greatest CD's:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! on Cap feeling better. :)

    Wishing you both a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun music! I love Paul Simon. 'Glad Cap is better! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥