No-Bake Chocolate Energy Bites
Yes, "energy bites." Ah-hem. I didn't name them, but these are really rich and good if you need a shot of chocolate "energy." Changes I made are in black text.
No-Bake Chocolate Energy Bites
1/2 cup no-stir almond butter (I used Jif Natural Peanut Butter)
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Up to 4 tsp warm water, as needed (I used 1 Tbsp)
1 cup old fashioned oats (raw)
3/4 cup toasted or raw coconut (I used sweetened; the horror)
1/2 cup flaxseed meal (I really did have this in my pantry)
6 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used 7 cuz I’m a rebel and always have to push things to the limit)
In a mixing bowl, stir together almond or peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and cocoa powder. If mixture seems too thick stir in 2 tsp warm water to thin. Add oats, coconut, flaxseed meal, and chocolate chips and stir until evenly coated. Again, stir in a bit of water as needed. Transfer mixture to refrigerator or freezer and chill until nearly set and easier to handle. (I skipped this step as it wasn’t necessary.) Remove from refrigerator and
eat with a spoon shape into
1-inch balls. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
Recipe source: www.cookingclassy.com/2014/06/bake-chocolate-energy-bites/
I've got things on the hook in case you were wondering. I'm participating in a CAL on the doily above with the lovely Janice from OVER HERE. And I've started the Madelintosh scarf, but I'm being very pokey about it...just a few rows each night after I get in bed. I decided to use the Whitewash color instead of the Mourning Dove for this project. I really do love the Whitewash color. It reminds me of way back when we used to intentionally bleach our blue jeans. Remember that?
1. OMG! and WTF? I pulled a hair from underneath my chin just a few minutes ago, and I swear it was over 1/2-inch long!
2. I have seen recipes lately for Mac & Cheese Sandwiches and Spaghetti Sandwiches. Why would anyone want that? If anyone in my house wants either of those things, they can just fix themselves a bread sandwich because that's exactly what it's like. Stupid-asses.
3. Many years ago when I ran off to Boise, Idaho for about six months (long story), I was interviewing for a job at the Ada Country Sheriff's Office. A woman investigator interviewed me. I had already been through a written exam, physical agility test, psychological test, and a lie detector test, and this was the next step...a one-on-one interview. She asked a few mundane questions, and then she pipes up and says, "Your psychological testing showed you have a tendency to like little boys in a sexual way." And she just stared at me, and I stared back at her and blinked a couple of times. I would have said WTF!?, but that phrase wasn't even invented yet because we didn't text back then, so I just burst out laughing. Seriously? Of course, that wasn't true. She just wanted to see what my reaction would be. I don't know why she caught me so off-guard with that statement because I knew something like that was coming in an interview like this, but it did. She was just trying to see if she could push my buttons and get me mad or see if I would cry or get up and slap the shit out of her (which crossed my mind) or pull out a gun and start shooting people. LOL. I was hired. Good Lord, that's a stressful process though!
4. I'm loving the summer fruit right now, especially the nectarines. They're my favorite. I always stand over the kitchen sink when I eat one and let the juice drip down my face and arms. That's the best way to eat a nectarine. Then you can just turn the water on and wash up and not be all sticky.
5. Aren't these cute? Fabric Lamps Thanks, Mark!
6. I tried THIS METHOD for cleaning my stinky garbage disposal and sharpening the blades. I don't think it worked cuz it still stinks kinda. Maybe those blades are really sharp though. I don't know how I'd know. It did make my freezer smell like vinegar while they were in there. Bleck!
7. Is anybody else watching that freak show, Botched, on the E Channel on Sunday nights?
8. Speaking of freak shows, it's been and is going to be in the 80s all week here. Something is messed up! That is unheard of in these parts in July. I'm not complaining, I'm just sayin'. Does anybody remember on General Hospital when there was some weird storyline with some evil man controlling the weather? I swear it was on there. How dumb and desperate can they be where they had a meeting and a group of people agreed that was a good idea?
My head is empty.