Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Recipe & Randomness


No-Bake Chocolate Energy Bites

Yes, "energy bites." Ah-hem. I didn't name them, but these are really rich and good if you need a shot of chocolate "energy." Changes I made are in black text.

No-Bake Chocolate Energy Bites

1/2 cup no-stir almond butter (I used Jif Natural Peanut Butter)
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Up to 4 tsp warm water, as needed (I used 1 Tbsp)
1 cup old fashioned oats (raw)
3/4 cup toasted or raw coconut (I used sweetened; the horror)
1/2 cup flaxseed meal (I really did have this in my pantry)
6 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used 7 cuz I’m a rebel and always have to push things to the limit)

In a mixing bowl, stir together almond or peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and cocoa powder. If mixture seems too thick stir in 2 tsp warm water to thin. Add oats, coconut, flaxseed meal, and chocolate chips and stir until evenly coated. Again, stir in a bit of water as needed. Transfer mixture to refrigerator or freezer and chill until nearly set and easier to handle. (I skipped this step as it wasn’t necessary.) Remove from refrigerator and eat with a spoon shape into 1-inch balls. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.







I've got things on the hook in case you were wondering. I'm participating in a CAL on the doily above with the lovely Janice from OVER HERE. And I've started the Madelintosh scarf, but I'm being very pokey about it...just a few rows each night after I get in bed. I decided to use the Whitewash color instead of the Mourning Dove for this project. I really do love the Whitewash color. It reminds me of way back when we used to intentionally bleach our blue jeans. Remember that?


1.  OMG! and WTF? I pulled a hair from underneath my chin just a few minutes ago, and I swear it was over 1/2-inch long!

2.  I have seen recipes lately for Mac & Cheese Sandwiches and Spaghetti Sandwiches. Why would anyone want that? If anyone in my house wants either of those things, they can just fix themselves a bread sandwich because that's exactly what it's like. Stupid-asses.

3.  Many years ago when I ran off to Boise, Idaho for about six months (long story), I was interviewing for a job at the Ada Country Sheriff's Office. A woman investigator interviewed me. I had already been through a written exam, physical agility test, psychological test, and a lie detector test, and this was the next step...a one-on-one interview. She asked a few mundane questions, and then she pipes up and says, "Your psychological testing showed you have a tendency to like little boys in a sexual way." And she just stared at me, and I stared back at her and blinked a couple of times. I would have said WTF!?, but that phrase wasn't even invented yet because we didn't text back then, so I just burst out laughing. Seriously? Of course, that wasn't true. She just wanted to see what my reaction would be. I don't know why she caught me so off-guard with that statement because I knew something like that was coming in an interview like this, but it did. She was just trying to see if she could push my buttons and get me mad or see if I would cry or get up and slap the shit out of her (which crossed my mind) or pull out a gun and start shooting people. LOL. I was hired. Good Lord, that's a stressful process though!

4.  I'm loving the summer fruit right now, especially the nectarines. They're my favorite. I always stand over the kitchen sink when I eat one and let the juice drip down my face and arms. That's the best way to eat a nectarine. Then you can just turn the water on and wash up and not be all sticky.

5.  Aren't these cute?  Fabric Lamps  Thanks, Mark!

6.  I tried THIS METHOD for cleaning my stinky garbage disposal and sharpening the blades. I don't think it worked cuz it still stinks kinda. Maybe those blades are really sharp though. I don't know how I'd know. It did make my freezer smell like vinegar while they were in there. Bleck!

7.  Is anybody else watching that freak show, Botched, on the E Channel on Sunday nights? 

8.  Speaking of freak shows, it's been and is going to be in the 80s all week here. Something is messed up! That is unheard of in these parts in July. I'm not complaining, I'm just sayin'. Does anybody remember on General Hospital when there was some weird storyline with some evil man controlling the weather? I swear it was on there. How dumb and desperate can they be where they had a meeting and a group of people agreed that was a good idea?

  
My head is empty.
Bye.

15 comments:

  1. I laughed so much at your post today. :-) I would have added more chocolate to the recipe too AND eaten it with a spoon. Great minds and all!

    Love the crochet. It's all beautiful.

    Chin hair? Liking little boys? Never heard of spaghetti sandwiches or "Botched". And the weather IS nutso. Way, way too hot here.

    Love your posts Pammy Sue. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Pammy Sue I knew my visit would certainly be a pick me up. I loved this randomness to go with the yummy chocolate recipe. I will be trying these for sure.
    Yes, what is up with our heat??? I have never seen this here in 20 years. Not complaining about the mild temps but wondering what it all means. Early winter or no winter at all. Yes, I do remember GH having that weather episode going on. Not a good story line.

    You had me going with the interview and waiting for the finally.

    Your crochet is gorgeous.
    Have a great rest of the week and enjoy the weather.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:51 PM

    When I was younger we would make "Spagetti sandwiches"...we would put sauce covered pasta on a piece of white bread..,fold it....and then eat it! I'll have to check out the current "sandwich"....I'm sure it's not the one of my youth!
    I got my hubby and daughter watching Botched...lol...we were all pissed at the mom who told her daughter to go to Tijuana and see Dr. Ice and ends up with you know what on her belly...then she acts all concerned when Dr. Terry is to operate...asking him all his medical references...and we are yellow at her...why now? Why not with Dr. ice..!...lol
    Yesterday I got in my Jeep at 4:30pm...it was 101..ugh!! That's why I hibernate in the summer!..
    Ok...you can tell I'm all into that show! Crazy people!

    Enjoy!...Kathy (Ravelry)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, everything made me laugh but the power balls and the doily, lol. That hair plucking thing, get use to that, the top of the head thins out and gravity pulls it all to the chin. Back in my sarcastic days I probably would have responded to a remark like that with, "Oh really, and here I thought I was more attracted to little girls. I have 2 of my own ya know." I'm sure I would not have been hired and I would have been swearing under my breath. Some of those soap story lines are far fetched, makes you wonder who was smoking crack to come up with those hair-brained story lines....like the Guiding Light one where Reba was getting older and older, or was it she was getting younger and younger? Heck, it was so memorable that I can't even remember it. Our days have been cooler too, but I like it that way. I am someone who just stands still in the heat and sweat runs down into my eyes. I am always miserable unless I'm in the ac. My mom who is going to be 84 in December gets all bundled up and is freezing when her house is sweltering. She refuses to turn on the ac and I actually hate to visit her on account of that. Last year I walked in her house and I swear it was over 100 degrees in there, "MOM WHAT YA TRYING TO DO, BAKE YOURSELF LIKE A TURKEY! ARE YOU DONE YET? DO I NEED TO BASTE YOU?" She just ignored me, that figures.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a hoot.. I want to make those yummies! I am loving the beginning of that doily. Really lustrous thread.. what brand? I also love the light blue and remember the bleached jeans. I never did that though. Oh, I'd love the story about you running off to Boise.. I ran off to live on my sailboat in the San Juan islands.. then bought a houseboat to live on. LOL! Not watching Botched.. what is it about? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha you have started my day off with a huge smile Pammy Sue, love the look of those chocolate bite's I'm always needing a boost of energy and these will do the trick. Love your doily its looking very pretty. Love your random words those sandwiches sound so stupid but some people will eat anything these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!...You're a mess :) I know it's been said before...but you crack me up!
    Happy Daze, penny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMAO!! Oh, I loved this post, Pammy Sue!! The interview still has me chuckling!! LOL! And, those stinkin' WILD hairs! What's up with that anyway?!!

    I used whitewash last year and loved it. It DID remind me of faded jean days... {sigh}

    That doily is going to be beautiful, too! blessings to you ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glenda Maikell5:10 AM

    Haha!! Love your random thoughts!! Yes, I've been watching Botched and silently congratulating myself on what good common sense I've had by not getting plastic surgery done -- not that I couldn't benefit from it, but .... I'm just an ol' Texas girl who will probably never get into such things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look of your latest doily but I'm DYING to see that Madelintosh scarf as it progresses. Such a gorgeous pattern !! How about those chocolate energy bites .... and no cook too !!! Just as well those ingredients aren't in my pantry. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this post! You always crack me up. Thanks for the link to the CAL. I look forward to watching you both as you create this lovely doily. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow mis busy... lol your doily is lovely I love the colors you chose can't wait to see the end results.. I'm not sure im liking my colors.. I will know soon .. Happy Thursday with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bleached jeans... ha...! That's so 50s or something no? lol... kidding, that was in the 70s also and 80s but i was a tiny bit small around there... thank the Lord or I would be old as dirt by now, otherwise. :P

    jk jk

    I'd welcome a good sammich recipe and your #3 totally cracked me up lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, we have actually watched "Botched" a couple of times. But I had to change it when it came to the lady who's "V" is up around her navel area. Gotta go.

    Here's a good "stupid" one to share. I just found out today that there is a Flat Earth Society based in California (shocker I know). And they truly believe the earth is flat. And they call Christians crazy. HA!

    And I'll take a dozen of those "energy" balls. To go. never mind, I'll eat them right here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your post has really tickled my funny bone today. I needed it too. Those energy balls...I definitely could not stop at one and I love the colors of your block...its it too hard to work with thread? I have such big fingers. Eating Spagetti Sandwiches???? That's a little carb overkill isn't it? lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥