Monday, June 02, 2014

My Monday

It started out as a quick trip to the grocery store, and then it turned into much more. The Captain wanted to run by Lowe's to see if they had big terracotta pots, so off we went there first...

He had seen this article in a Lowe's Creative Ideas pamphlet that we get int he mail. He thought the pot and dish used as a patio table was a neat idea and wanted to go get one. We didn't find any that had a dish that would fit the top as shown above. They had some plastic ones that would surely warp and melt in this Texas heat so we didn't get anything.

The pretty hydrangeas caught my eye.

(You get iPhone pictures today because I wasn't lugging that big-ass camera bag around and fiddling with that camera while running errands.)

Especially these pretty bicolor pink ones.
Then we left...

And stopped at the car wash which we were badly in need of.
Then we left there...

And stopped at Home Goods because I remembered we needed some new sheets. I got some pretty mint green sheets with tiny little white flowers and a yellow quilt that I just couldn't go home without. I have a "thing" for bedding. I swear I could buy new sheets and blankets and duvets and quilts and bedspreads and comforters every single week! Oh, and pillows too! The Captain makes fun of me every time I come home with new bed stuff.

Somehow I missed this GIANT THING on the way in...

Who would buy this giant stork, and why?
For their yard?

And then we left there...

And went through the drive-through window at Taco Bell for a couple of burritos and iced tea, but I forgot to get a picture of it. Can you just picture it in your mind? Okay then...moving on...

 We finally made it to Wal-Mart, our original destination.

Does anybody know what this grassy plant is called?
They are all over Allen, but I don't know what they're called.
I like them with their pretty orangey-peachy blooms.

And then we went home where this was waiting on the porch in a pretty pink package...

I finally got a "real" blocking board.
Yipee!

I've been using and reusing a piece of foam board I got at Home Depot for at least the past year and a half. I saw these on someone else's blog recently (Sorry, I can't remember who), and I ordered myself some on Amazon.com.  There are nine interlocking 12" x 12" blocks in this nifty little package so you can put it away properly when it's not in use.

Now I just have to make something I can block. I feel a quick doily-make coming on.

***GOOD RECIPE ALERT ***

I put this White Chicken Chili recipe in the crock pot this morning.
(Not the recipe...the ingredients, silly.)
It was totally delicious!
Find the recipe here:  White Chicken Chili

Fletcher is doing great.
♥♥♥

My new sheets and quilt are all washed & dried and on the bed.
I also picked up a new Country Living Magazine to read today.
So...
I'm off to my happy spot.

6 comments:

  1. That plant is a type of yucca. I have several in my yard. They're all over NM too. I am totally picturing your burritos and they are really good, in my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure had a busy day Pammy Sue. I like your iPhone pictures very well. They capture their subjects quite well! :-). That it and tray are a great idea, but I'm sure you're right about the plastic ones melting.

    Hubby and ai have these kinds of days a lot. One thing runs into another and before you know it the morning is gone.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of shopping trip! I would totally buy that stork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun trip, I love the idea of the pot used as a table, I will have to remember that one. Good for Fletch feeling better.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you two had a very busy day. So glad sweet little Fletch is feeling better.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those kinds of days where you run around doing whatever you want. I would have snapped up that pink and white hydrangea.. it's gorgeous! Can't wait for my thread to get here. Have you tried KnitPicks new crochet thread? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥