Thursday, June 26, 2014

More Food - Ugh!

I know I've had a lot of food posts lately, but I've been spending a lot of time collecting and trying recipes. I'm sharing the ones worth sharing...okay, and a few (strawberry pie) that aren't.

Here are a few more I've tried...

All of the ingredients for...
ONE POT WONDER.


You really do just throw all of those ingredients (except the basil and parmesan) into a big stock pot and cook for 10-11 minutes, let it sit for another five or so, and it's done. We liked it and I will make it again. It wasn't good left over...the linguine got mushy. The recipe: One Pot Wonder Tomato Basil Pasta


And something a little different...




Avocado Pasta
It was different but so delicious!
I used 3 avocados, because they are small here in Texas, and three cloves of garlic, and I added a tsp of red pepper flakes, but everything else was the same. Recipe: Avocado Pasta


And one more that the Captain REALLY loved...

Sorry, I must have inadvertently deleted my picture. I made it last weekend. The only change I made was I used Ore Ida Potatoes O'Brien instead of just plain frozen potatoes. The trick to this recipe is browning your hamburger meat really, really, really brown, and once you put the potatoes in the hot oil in your pan, don't stir for a good while so that they get really, really, really brown too. Get the potatoes BROWN! I cannot stress that enough. It makes all the difference in how it tastes. Recipe: Hamburger Hash



Lest you think all I've done is cook and eat...
I finished a doily and it's on the blocking board.
Will show you tomorrow!

7 comments:

Patti Cadwallader said...

I just dropped in to get caught up. I don't know how I got so behind on your blog! Anywhoooo.... loved all the recipes, succulents, puppy dogs, painting projects. You've been a busy bee!

Beca said...

You've been quite busy in the kitchen. You've made some interesting dishes. They look wonderful! I love those one pot dishes. That's always a plus for me.

Betsy said...

These recipes all sound delicious Pammy Sue. I have to remember to print them out when I get home. Yum!
Blessings,
Betsy

Madtatter80 said...

Looks wonderful and the avocado pasta that's new to me, what fun!

Home Meadows said...

Your recipes all sound really good. Looking forward to seeing your latest doily. Happy Friday, Heather

Patricia Lewis said...

I think i am coming to visit:-):-) your cooking is always so yummy looking :-):-) have a great weekend:-)

Mereknits said...

You are definitely in cooking mode and I am loving it all from this side of the screen, it looks so yummy.
Hugs,
Meredith