Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Foodie Post

 Up first, the Fish Tacos...
They were FABULOUS!

I mixed up some chopped tomato, chopped onion, chopped cilantro, salt & pepper, and the juice of one lime, and set it aside. Some avocado would have been good, too, but I didn't have any that day.

The Captain bought 1.3 lbs of Cod fillets at the grocery store.
While he heated up the fresh flour tortillas in the microwave,
I put a dab of butter and some olive oil in a skillet and heated it up on medium-high.
I salted and peppered the fillets and cooked each side about 3 minutes.
Then I sprinkled with some cayenne pepper.

Oh my gosh!
So good and fresh and yummy!
I served it with some Uncle Ben's pre-made wild rice.
Just heated it up in the microwave for 90 seconds in the pkg.
Dinner was done in 10-15 minutes tops!
A+



And then tonight we had...
Bang-Bang Chicken!
I love that name.

When I told the Captain what we were having for dinner, he said, "Well, I just had a Bang-Bang Cheese Sandwich!" All day, it was Bang-Bang This and Bang-Bang That. 

The chicken was nice and brown and crisp...

But I'd only give it a B-
It needed more seasoning, which surprised us both.
If I make it again, I'll add more salt and hot sauce to the chicken batter,
And more sweet chili sauce and cayenne to the sauce.
I'm telling you, it was BLAND.
The recipe is here:  Bang-Bang Chicken

If you make it, you'll need way more Panko crumbs than called for also. I used nearly a whole box on one package of chicken tenders. (I used chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts just because it was easier.)


Tomorrow I'm making some Peanut Butter Granola.
YUM!
I'll share the recipe if it's as good as I think it'll be.

11 comments:

  1. I've never tried fish tacos before; they sound good. Don't think I'd be able to make the chicken. I can't have too much spice. Thanks for sharing your menu. Good luck with the granola :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fish tacos look delicious. I've always wanted to try them but always chicken out at the last minute and order something else. Even in Hawaii where the fish doesn't get any fresher! :-)
    The chicken looks really good too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I had to catch up with THREE posts tonight! Love, love, love the potholders!! All colors! The food...wow, the fish tacos looked so good. Loved that you guys called everything Bang Bang, whatever you ate! Loved seeing CAP!!! What a handsome guy!!!! Greg loves his hats too. He has one like that too.
    Getting pretty hot there? Here too. Have to go out early to do my gardening. Then again after dinner.
    We need to do a text session to catch up!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you get fresh flour tortillas? I love real nice thick tortillas.. the store bought ones are always so thin! The chicken looks good too. I'm excited to try your pattern! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm... 'Looks wonderful! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fish taco's look and sound great. We have taco's regularly, but have never tried fish. Looking forward to seeing how your peanut butter granola turns out. Have a great day. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cooking always looks so yummy! Dang, now I gotta go get something to eat after looking at all your yummy food! :) ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pammy Sue, kind of off topic from your food post, but have you ever used Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Sport or KP Palette yarn? I wonder if they are soft. I know you've ordered from KP on various occasions and wondered if you've tried either of these yarns? Let me know your thoughts when you can. Thanks a bunch. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fish tacos, I am coming over for dinner.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both these dishes look gorgeous!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥