Wednesday, May 28, 2014

We Have a Sickie Here

If I took 100 pictures of Fletch today (and I think I may have), he'd have this same look on his face. He doesn't feel good.

You see, yesterday his ill-tempered little brother, Eli, jumped all over him and bit his foot and shook it, ripping all the ligaments and tendons in his foot. We had no idea until it swelled up something awful later that day. In less than 24 hours, infection set in and he was in trouble and definitely not acting like our usual happy-skippy Fletch.

It's hard to see well in these pictures, but his right front foot and leg are swollen up. He has one deep puncture wound on the underside of his foot near his dew claw.

And he can't put any pressure on it at all. 
(There's that look again.)


Pick me up, Momma. I'm sick.

He stayed at the vet's all afternoon getting his foot tended to and IVs full of antibiotics. $309.00 later, we went and picked him up and brought him home with instructions and pills and ointment for days. Nothing is broken (we got xrays too), but it's all ripped up and infected inside. Ew.

This is a picture of my nightstand.  My plans for the evening are evident.  Salted and roasted peanuts, celebrity smut mags, and TV. Speaking of magazines, I found a "new" one that I love...

HGTV Magazine. It's a goodie. I bought one last month and sent in my subscription card, and this month I got it in the mail. I love a good magazine!

 Fletcher will be on the floor next to me in his bed getting love and attention whenever he needs it.

I've told y'all this before, but I'll say it again. Don't ever get two male dogs! In my experience, two females are fine, a male and a female are fine, but two male dogs do not make for a peaceful home. Inevitably, they will get into to it over one thing or another, and they are vicious with each other. It's a fight to the death over something really stupid like a toy or food. This time it was over Fletcher sticking his nose too close while Eli was licking Sammi's belly. Eli was NOT sharing Sammi's belly and was willing to kill over it. Stupid alpha male crap!

22 comments:

  1. Awwwwww poor Fletch. I hope his poor paw gets better soon. I'm so surprised at naughty little Eli. Hope it was just a rare, not to be repeated accident on his part. Did you enjoy your evening in bed? All looks pretty good stuff you had there. Give Fletch a cuddle from me please xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Fletch!! That looks nasty! I hope he heals fast!!
    Love the nightstand of reading material! I also like that HGTV mag!
    We have had some issues with both Ducey and Dusty being males. Ducey is a mean little bugger! He bites Dusy's ears, and growls. I have to feed them in separate rooms. But they don't seem to tangle much anymore.
    Hope you are doing okay!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Fletch. He does look so sad. I'm very sorry the poor thing had to go through all of this.
    I used to get HGTV magazine too but let my subscription lapse after the first year. There Re other magazines that I like much better, but it was good. :-)
    I happily home getting doggie kisses from Chloe and human ones from Hubby. Life is good.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:06 PM

    I'm so sorry Fletch got hurt. Surprised that it wasn't Eli because Bostons have such a powerful jaw and bite. Hope he feels better soon!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my.. poor Fletch. Eli is way too cute to have done such a mean thing! Sorry for the doctor bills and med costs.. ugh. I hope he gets all better fast.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww poor little Fletch. What a face! He'll be back to his old self soon, but Eli better watch out!
    Is Kate really pregnant with twin girls? Did I miss something? I've been holed up in the sewing room too long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor little guy! He looks so miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor baby. Hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Fletch sure hope he is not in pain ..Its so upsetting seeing a dog fight.. I hope you are all ok :))
    Perfect reading for the night :)) have a great day hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. That I so sad.... I hope fletcher fells better on. My dog , Java ( a chocolate lab) was so very sick 2 weeks ago and I understand how hard it is. I even had to spend a sick day at home to stay with her...mthank God she is all better now. Hope Fletcher is back to his happy self soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw poor Fletch I feel so sorry for him he does look ill and sorry for himself. I'm sure he will soon be back to his old self once the antibiotics kick in. It must be a worry when they fight like that, I hope it doesn't happen again. Enjoy your evening Pammy Sue looks like a good way to spend it I like a good magazine too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope dear Fletch is soon all back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor Fletch! I hope he heals quick. I went home yesterday to Mister limping, same paw. It's swollen up twice the size. Don't know if he got bit by something, got in a fight or what. It wasn't as swollen this morning as last night but I made him stay inside today and told his snot little terrorist sister to leave him alone today and let him rest. He seemed quite content on the top of my recliner and didn't even ask to go out. I think he knew. I told him last night he wasn't going out today. If it's not better when I get home it's vet time. I actually got scared he got bit by a snake but I think he would have died if he did. Give little Fletch a hug for me, and a swat on Eli's rump. lol. Bad boy Eli.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor Fletch :-( I hope he's feeling better today and heals soon. We have a male and female and they get into stupid scrappy fights over nothing all the time. But it might be an age thing; one's 4 years, one's 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor Fletch! I hope he heals soon and well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, that poor baby!!!!! I hope he feels better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh the poor baby, such a terrible thing to go through and at the hands (or paws) of your brother! Men!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have two females from the same litter, 12 years old now. now if they get ticked off at each other, they just lift one side of the lip and show the teeth, and its over with. yeah on the alpha male thing...and its not just for dogs either...if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I do hope the infection clears up very soon and that Fletch is back to his old, bouncy self. Hugs, Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope Fletch is feeling better soon. I saw the magazine at the library the other day, but didn't pick it up. I'll have to give it a try the next time I'm there. Take care. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwww.....poor Fletcher! So sorry this happened. You are right about not getting 2 male dogs though. I've seen this happen several times in the past. Hope Fletcher starts to feel better soon! Hugs and pats on the head from Aunt Patsy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh, poor dog :-(. Get well soon, sweet Fletch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥