Friday, April 18, 2014

Random





Warning:  Some bitchin' and moanin' included. Okay, a lot.

1.  The roofers were here the last couple of days.They're done, thank goodness. We still have a couple of windows to be replaced, and then we're having the house painted. I hate having workmen around the house. They make me nervous being outside around the house. AND I can't wear my pajama pants or go bra-less while they're here.  Hmpf!

2.  I fired the lawn company yesterday in a big ol' snit, but they deserved it. The Captain had already trimmed the hedges out front a couple of weekends ago, and they came yesterday and were trimming them. There was nothing to trim, but they were cutting ONE INCH off the top. I swear. I'm not exaggerating. And the lawn had not grown one centimeter since they mowed last week because it's been so cool, but there they were mowing and edging. We'll be charged $120 for the trimming and $30 for the mowing and edging. OH HELL NO. I'm constantly having to manage those guys, and I have to listen to the Captain bitch about them. So I called the owner and cancelled any future service. Cap is always saying he'll do it himself anyway, so now I don't have to hear it.

3.  I went to bed yesterday at 2:30 in the afternoon yesterday and didn't get up until 8:00 last night. Then I slept nine hours last night too! Stress management.

4.  That Nordic Shawl has become my nemesis. It only needs four rows to finish, but all I can manage to do is scowl at it from across the room. It's hanging on the back of my pantry door, so I see it all day every day, but that doesn't do anything to nudge me into finishing it. I don't know what the deal is, but I'll do it in my own good time.

5.  I'm really enjoying the thread crochet right now. It's easier on the arms. I'll probably make another doily or maybe that thread potholder with the embroidery star thingies around the edges. Should be interesting because you crochet it with the thread doubled. I've never done that before with thread.

6.  I need to force myself to take a walk today. It's beautiful outside, and it would do me good to get out in the fresh air and get a little exercise.

7.  I read this book (non-fiction) a couple of days ago and really enjoyed it. My sister brought it to me.


8.  I haven't picked up the knitting since the last time I talked about it. Too much going on to concentrate that much. I did buy a Knit Simple magazine and marked a couple of easy little things to make. We'll see. I'm out of the mood for it right now.

9.  I'm too scared to weigh myself right now, but all my pants are too tight. I refuse to go on a diet this year. Screw it. Maybe I'll see how fat I can get instead. (I'm kidding about that last part)

10.  HAPPY FRIDAY!

Random Stupidness





15 comments:

  1. Sorry you can only see clouds just now, Pammy Sue. Here's hoping that by the end of the Easter break there are plenty of silver linings! Love the potholders, BTW - really pretty. Easter blessings, Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Purple doily sister! I cannot wait to read that book. Thanks for the tip, I love when people tell when they have read a good book! Sorry about the few days your having we all have them, makes the good times better. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful doilies. I always love it when you share your doilies with us, they are always so pretty. :)

    Ok, that last picture cracked me up....it's just too wrong on so many levels, but it still cracked me up!

    Wishing you and yours a very blessed and Happy Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you fired those guys! Send them up here, the farm could use some help. LOL! Love your doilies.. I'd hide that Nordic shawl in a brown box if I was you. I have my Caleb boy blanket sitting in my face too.. ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤ Happy Easter! ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made some beautiful crochet doilies Pammy Sue. Goodness, you're all in a tither aren't you? Silly lawn guys. I don't know how they can think they can charge people for things that don't even need done.
    Don't worry...you'll finish that shawl in your own good time. That's why it's called a hobby. You can pick it up or put it down when YOU want to. :-)

    Have a lovely Easter weekend.

    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your doilies Pammy Sue, I made one too today, the first I've made in ages, it's not a thread doily but it's pretty and now I want to make more. I would put the shawl away for a while you will get back to it once your in the mood. Have a great Easter! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize lawn companies charged that much for maintenance. Seems really high. Your hubby would probably be happy to do it anyway or you could always hire a young man from the neighborhood to do it for you. I saw your baby dress on Olga's blog. You did a great job on it. It's so sweet. Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!
    Beca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do I see a crochet bead bracelet on your wrist?? Is it from Kristie and do you love it? I am loving mine so much. Love your doilies and that sweet dress you made from Olga's pattern.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. My thoughts exactly on almost every one of your random thoughts! Especially the one about getting fat! Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that top doily. What a beautiful pattern! Are you joining Stitchy's CAL?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter Pammy Sue. Our lawn service mowed our yard for the first time this yesterday. I like them to do the work because Hubby never trimmed or cleaned up nicely the way the service does. LOL! Plus we can leave for trips and know the yard will be taken care of. It was a beautiful day here today but I had to take it easy because I've been having back spams..had three while I was sitting in the dentist chair yesterday. Luckily they weren't bad. Your dollies are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely doilies sue..Yeah crochet is relaxing...that too making doilies..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pammy Sue...I know the feeling of having a WIP watching you..I have the thread eater still sitting in the basket..I think I hear him yelling at me every time I grab a hook..love the thread work I see on your blog today, but then I am a thready. Have a wonderful day and I say shock the workmen..if you want a pj day with the girls I say go for it. That will teach them to look in the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Pammy, I am playing catch-up with blogs and here I land on yours. There seems to be several posts I have missed and so here I go....this post made me laugh, cause sister, I can relate to the way you feel when anyone is here working on the outside (or inside) of the house. I just got done myself with over 2 weeks of dealing with a crew of 4 men who redid the roofs and sided the 2 out buildings. If you have read my last post it was all about the craziness of them working here and the muddy mess they tracked all over, heck even on the new shingles on the workshop roof. No wonder I have been feeling like crap and my blood sugar is up! Doilies are a good smaller project but so hard on the eyes, but I love them too. I can relate to weight gain. I made a small Easter basket for my grandson and had to eventually take it to my daughter's house because somehow the candy in it disappeared and I found myself back at Walmart buying more. I lost 20 pounds when my husband passed and it found me again. I will have to check out that book. Wonder if Amazon has a Kindle edition? Hope you are having a good Easter.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you have the pattern for the top doily?

    ...um...not like I really need another pattern in my To Do pile...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥