Warning: Some bitchin' and moanin' included. Okay, a lot.
1. The roofers were here the last couple of days.They're done, thank goodness. We still have a couple of windows to be replaced, and then we're having the house painted. I hate having workmen around the house. They make me nervous being outside around the house. AND I can't wear my pajama pants or go bra-less while they're here. Hmpf!
2. I fired the lawn company yesterday in a big ol' snit, but they deserved it. The Captain had already trimmed the hedges out front a couple of weekends ago, and they came yesterday and were trimming them. There was nothing to trim, but they were cutting ONE INCH off the top. I swear. I'm not exaggerating. And the lawn had not grown one centimeter since they mowed last week because it's been so cool, but there they were mowing and edging. We'll be charged $120 for the trimming and $30 for the mowing and edging. OH HELL NO. I'm constantly having to manage those guys, and I have to listen to the Captain bitch about them. So I called the owner and cancelled any future service. Cap is always saying he'll do it himself anyway, so now I don't have to hear it.
3. I went to bed yesterday at 2:30 in the afternoon yesterday and didn't get up until 8:00 last night. Then I slept nine hours last night too! Stress management.
4. That Nordic Shawl has become my nemesis. It only needs four rows to finish, but all I can manage to do is scowl at it from across the room. It's hanging on the back of my pantry door, so I see it all day every day, but that doesn't do anything to nudge me into finishing it. I don't know what the deal is, but I'll do it in my own good time.
5. I'm really enjoying the thread crochet right now. It's easier on the arms. I'll probably make another doily or maybe that thread potholder with the embroidery star thingies around the edges. Should be interesting because you crochet it with the thread doubled. I've never done that before with thread.
6. I need to force myself to take a walk today. It's beautiful outside, and it would do me good to get out in the fresh air and get a little exercise.
7. I read this book (non-fiction) a couple of days ago and really enjoyed it. My sister brought it to me.
8. I haven't picked up the knitting since the last time I talked about it. Too much going on to concentrate that much. I did buy a Knit Simple magazine and marked a couple of easy little things to make. We'll see. I'm out of the mood for it right now.
9. I'm too scared to weigh myself right now, but all my pants are too tight. I refuse to go on a diet this year. Screw it. Maybe I'll see how fat I can get instead. (I'm kidding about that last part)
10. HAPPY FRIDAY!