A few of the things I use and love...
This is the kind of stuff I like to see from other people so I'm doing it.
I like the mundane details of what they do, eat, love, and loathe.
I'd like to be a fly on the wall in some people's homes, wouldn't you?
I'm voyeuristic. Is that a bad thing?
I love my hair-cutting scissors -- the regular and the texturizer ones.
I cut my own hair all the time. Do y'all remember the time I was cutting my hair and thought I had the texturizer scissors, but they were the regular ones instead? I cut a really super-short chunk out of my hair. I was horrified and then laughed out loud at how dumb I can be. I blogged it here somewhere.
Chantilly Perfumed Body Powder
My grandmother wore this. I've blogged it before. You can get it at Wal-Mart for about $15. Love. But I don't like the perfume...just the powder.
Particularly with recent events. Lifesavers.
Vidal Sassoon Hairspray & Velcro-Type Curlers
This is the hairspray I've been buying lately. It's not expensive, despite the name brand. I have to wear hairspray every day because my hair is so fine. Otherwise it would just lay plastered to my head, flat as a pancake. I use those curlers nearly every day, at least on my bangs and the top of my head where I need some lift. I put them in after I dry my hair. Put them in, spray with a shot of hairspray, hit it with the blow-dryer on high heat for a few seconds, and let it cool for a minute or two. Take them out, arrange my hair how I want it, and spray the shit out of it. Done.
I should be a beauty blogger, don't you think? LOL.
♥ Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo! ♥
I can't live without it. Absolutely not. This I get at Target for less than $5. I haven't seen it anywhere else. It soaks up oil AND gives my hair good volume. It holds a curl better too. I like other brands that you can get at Ulta, but they are more expensive by several dollars per can.
I use a lot of powder because I'm schwetty. I got the schwetty gene from my daddy. Thanks, Daddy!
So ends the Products & Stuff section.
What are some of your favorite things?
Blog 'em! I wanna see!
Is she taking my picture? Is she done? I wish she'd stop paying attention to me so I could go steal stuff out of her room.
One more fun thing...
I love this funky owl I got at Hobby Lobby last year for $15.
He's about a foot tall and resides in my kitchen above the cabinets.
1. GMaikell, I don't have your email. I'm not ignoring your questions. My floors are Pergo, not real wood. We got them put in right after we moved here about 9 years ago. As you can see, they hold up great to dogs and wear and tear. Love them. Cleaned with Mr. Clean in hot water with a mop. Vinegar and water doesn't work as well. If you put in too much Mr. Clean and don't rinse well, the floors will be slippery...just use a little.
2. I'm messing around instead of working. I have lots of work.
3. I'm starting to become attached to the Blue Buddha. Maybe because he/she stares at me all day right next to my desk. I think it really does have some mojo on it now.
4. I still haven't hung the horseshoe. I don't even know where it is.
5. We're not getting a big dog...at least not now. We just can't with five dogs already :(
6. My fat pants are uncomfortable!
7. You know how dogs scratch in the grass with their feet after they poop like they're trying to cover it up? Ollie has started doing that, but he doesn't do it right. He does it in very slow motion and stretches his back legs out behind him. It looks more like he's trying a gay ballet move. It's really stupid-looking! I wish I had it on video to show you. You would laugh. (And I love gays so don't even go there.)
8. Except Johnny Weir is getting on my nerves in the news lately. Just stop it.
9. I don't think Obamacare is going to work, and it's screwing up my retirement plans.
10. I don't care that Kim Kardashian is on the cover of Vogue. It's Kanye that's the problem. She really is one of the most beautiful women in the world and deserves to be on there for that reason regardless of what she does or doesn't do for a living. Kanye is just a freak, and scary, and a loose cannon, and I don't think he's a very good person. He's got a streak of evil and his money just makes it worse...or maybe it's the cause of it. Not sure. I'm just sure I don't like him AT ALL. I have a visceral reaction to him.