Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Products & Stuff

A few of the things I use and love...
This is the kind of stuff I like to see from other people so I'm doing it.
I like the mundane details of what they do, eat, love, and loathe.
I'd like to be a fly on the wall in some people's homes, wouldn't you?
I'm voyeuristic. Is that a bad thing?

I love my hair-cutting scissors -- the regular and the texturizer ones.

I cut my own hair all the time. Do y'all remember the time I was cutting my hair and thought I had the texturizer scissors, but they were the regular ones instead? I cut a really super-short chunk out of my hair. I was horrified and then laughed out loud at how dumb I can be. I blogged it here somewhere.

Chantilly Perfumed Body Powder

My grandmother wore this. I've blogged it before. You can get it at Wal-Mart for about $15. Love. But I don't like the perfume...just the powder.

Butt Wipes.
LOL.
Particularly with recent events. Lifesavers.

Vidal Sassoon Hairspray & Velcro-Type Curlers

This is the hairspray I've been buying lately. It's not expensive, despite the name brand. I have to wear hairspray every day because my hair is so fine. Otherwise it would just lay plastered to my head, flat as a pancake. I use those curlers nearly every day, at least on my bangs and the top of my head where I need some lift. I put them in after I dry my hair. Put them in, spray with a shot of hairspray, hit it with the blow-dryer on high heat for a few seconds, and let it cool for a minute or two. Take them out, arrange my hair how I want it, and spray the shit out of it. Done.

I should be a beauty blogger, don't you think? LOL.

♥ Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo! ♥

I can't live without it. Absolutely not. This I get at Target for less than $5. I haven't seen it anywhere else. It soaks up oil AND gives my hair good volume. It holds a curl better too. I like other brands that you can get at Ulta, but they are more expensive by several dollars per can.

Self-Explanatory

I use a lot of powder because I'm schwetty. I got the schwetty gene from my daddy. Thanks, Daddy! 

So ends the Products & Stuff section.
What are some of your favorite things?
Blog 'em! I wanna see!

Is she taking my picture? Is she done? I wish she'd stop paying attention to me so I could go steal stuff out of her room.

One more fun thing...

I love this funky owl I got at Hobby Lobby last year for $15.
He's about a foot tall and resides in my kitchen above the cabinets.


1.  GMaikell, I don't have your email. I'm not ignoring your questions. My floors are Pergo, not real wood. We got them put in right after we moved here about 9 years ago. As you can see, they hold up great to dogs and wear and tear. Love them. Cleaned with Mr. Clean in hot water with a mop. Vinegar and water doesn't work as well. If you put in too much Mr. Clean and don't rinse well, the floors will be slippery...just use a little.

2.  I'm messing around instead of working. I have lots of work.

3.  I'm starting to become attached to the Blue Buddha. Maybe because he/she stares at me all day right next to my desk. I think it really does have some mojo on it now.

4.  I still haven't hung the horseshoe. I don't even know where it is.

5.  We're not getting a big dog...at least not now. We just can't with five dogs already :(

6.  My fat pants are uncomfortable!

7.  You know how dogs scratch in the grass with their feet after they poop like they're trying to cover it up? Ollie has started doing that, but he doesn't do it right. He does it in very slow motion and stretches his back legs out behind him. It looks more like he's trying a gay ballet move. It's really stupid-looking! I wish I had it on video to show you. You would laugh. (And I love gays so don't even go there.)

8. Except Johnny Weir is getting on my nerves in the news lately. Just stop it.

9.  I don't think Obamacare is going to work, and it's screwing up my retirement plans.

10.  I don't care that Kim Kardashian is on the cover of Vogue. It's Kanye that's the problem. She really is one of the most beautiful women in the world and deserves to be on there for that reason regardless of what she does or doesn't do for a living. Kanye is just a freak, and scary, and a loose cannon, and I don't think he's a very good person. He's got a streak of evil and his money just makes it worse...or maybe it's the cause of it. Not sure. I'm just sure I don't like him AT ALL. I have a visceral reaction to him.

❀❀❀❀❀❀


Bye!

13 comments:

  1. Wow Long time since a product review! Love it. I have tried the dry shampoo not that one though must try. I laughed my butt off reading random words it is my favorite. I feel the same way about Kanye..I cannot stand him and for the life of me do not know what attracted her to him the bad boy thing? I'm sure we will find out when they divorce. I also think he is a loose cannon, and probably can be scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:53 AM

    Love your humor! Thanks for the dog pics... so cute, they warm my heart.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great product review. Everyone should do one. I think the little details you learn about people makes you feel as though you're in their inner circle. But I'm weird.
    I'll have to look for that dry shampoo; my hair is really fine too and I can't do a thing with it.
    The random words are terrific, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my texturizing scissors! I also use dry shampoo(have to try your brand) and the Johnson's baby powder.
    You know I saw some wipes in the "feminine products aisle" and they wanted almost $6 for a package. I marched on over to the baby aisle and got a bigger package for half the price, and they were flushable! Marketing is ridiculous.
    Did you figure out your Nordic shawl colors yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cut my fringe but how can you see to cut your hair at the back Pammy Sue, The only product out of all of those that I recognise is johnsons baby powder I use it too and Johnsons baby lotion, I have used it to take my make up off ever since I start wearing make up when I was 15. My hair is fine too but I can't stand any products in it like hairspray, they make my head itch and I can't stand the smell it give me a headache, so does perfume... I'm just weird haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my hair cutting scissors too.. a beautician gave me a pair with blue plastic handles like 30 years ago! They're still sharp. I also am a powder user. We found this neat stuff at Walmart in a round plastic container that smells like lavender. Now I want to try the Chantilly! But what I use is only like $3 and has a powder puff inside. LOVE your Papillon. I agree, Kanye is evil and scary. Ever since he stormed up onstage and told Taylor Swift she didn't deserve that award -- I was so mad and never forgave him. I think Kim is an idiot to have that freak around her family. Bye! Off to Ohio! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most entertaining post I have read in a year. Or longer! I love dry shampoo too. And I use velcro rollers all the time. Same way you do. I love my pow pow! But I hate that it makes the wood furniture in my bedroom look dusty EVERY day! I can't stand Kanye. What a jerk. And Kim must be a few pickles shy of a barrel to be with him! I used to have some good hair scissors. I lost them. Dang it. I almost cut myself some bangs the other day. Good thing I couldn't find my scissors!
    You make me laugh!
    Love ya,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laughed out loud as I read your post today. Chant illy was the first powder my Mom gave me for Christmas one year. Ah the memories. :-). We have Pergo floors too and love them...especially when you have pets. They don't scratch, ever. Loved learning more about you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the info Pammy Sue! I realized that I hadn't actually joined your site, so . . . no email. I have to agree with almost everything you posted today, although I think Kim K may be just as psycho as Kanye -- if you haven't seen his latest video that features her riding backwards on the handlebars of his motorcycle while breathily saying, "uh huh baby", you owe it to yourself to take a look. My son and I laughed ourselves silly over that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never tried the dry shampoo before...maybe I should sometime. Thanks for that info!

    Also, love the random words. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Pammy Sue, I loved this post! You can get me to chuckling to myself! LOL! I'm feelin' the pain of #6 myself. Oh, I hate myself when I let the fat pants get painful! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, you should do a beauty blog :) I love that you can cut your own hair, lucky. I've got that fine kinda hair, too. Need every strand :p Love your curler, spray, blow, spray idea. I've never seen magnolia-scented baby powder. Look out, Wal-mart! Oh, I remember the Chantilly perfume/powder. Haven't seen that in years. Might have to get me some...I collect old talc tins and talcum powder. I'll get some VS hairspray, too. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL
    I'm skipping the hugs for today, it is good to know that you are using the butt wipes. I don't know why people haven't been using them sooner. I keep a big pack in the drawer where the extra rolls of toilet tissue are next to the toilet. Obama care, when my health insurance went from $153 a month to $767 starting the first of March, I about fell over. No one can afford that a month, my name isn't Mrs. Bill Gates nor is it Oprah. Good thing I was sitting down when I got that piece of mail. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I have worked all my life and now on SS which adds up to living below the poverty level. It has its good and bad points, but everyone deserves decent health care. I was thinking to sell my house and go to Walmart and find a shopping cart to put my belongings in. The whole thing was scarey.
    Susanne :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥