Saturday, March 22, 2014

Out of Sorts

I lost all day yesterday and the first half of today sick with food poisoning. I can't imagine anything else would make a person so sick. I vomited and had the Big D starting at 5:00 am yesterday. At 8:00, I called the Captain at work and asked him to come home. I was so sick I couldn't do anything. I threw up and dry-heaved until 9:00 pm last night. I thought I was gonna die and was promising the Lord all kinds of things if he'd just take it away. How miserable!

I'm feeling better now. I guess I got it all out of my system, whatever it was. I still have a monster headache, but at least I don't feel like I'm gonna die.

Here's some things I had finished up before...




Sachet patterns by Anne Halliday taken from a couple of different Leisure Arts books.
If anyone needs to know exactly, I'll get the names of the pattern booklets.
#10 thread, bridal mesh sewn together and stuff with potpourri, and then the front and backs (which look exactly the same as the fronts) are woven together with a 1/8" ribbon. 
These were fun to make for something different. I like the heart one the best. I think I stuffed the round one too full of potpourri and you can't see a lot of the crochet lace detail on the sides. If I make more, I'll make the hearts.


This is another potholder. The front is made from Motif #88 in Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie Eckman. This picture came out kind of dull. In real life, the white is bright-white and the colors are vibrant...more like below...


The back pattern graph I got HERE. This is super-thick and plush. Love it. Made with an H hook and Sugar & Cream and Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton. The edging is a baby yarn, but I don't know the name because it had no wrapper. The edge is just chain 3, sc in next st, repeat around.

Gotta go. My head is spinning.

13 comments:

  1. I suffered through what I figured was food poisoning some years back and it's awful. I'm glad you're doing better and didn't have to haul off to the ER. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really pretty. I'm so sorry to hear about your illness. I've had food poisoning twice and it was horrible both times. I've never been so sick in my life. I hope you're all better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, sure hope you feel better soon.love
    the little satchets .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO sorry you were sick. It sounds awful. Hubby and I both had food poisoning at the same time from a restaurant on the coast. The seafood was obviously "off". We barely made it to our hotel and were both sick all day. Sharing one bathroom. Not fun. End of story. I'm glad you're better and I'll pray that in the morning you'll be 100%. That heart is beautiful. Well, they both are, but I must admit the heart is my favorite too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy I hope you feel better! Love you crocheting so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Pammy Sue, you poor thing!!!! Glad you are on the mend now. I am at my Mom's so I am Diane, on her computer. She is home, and resting. Been rough the last couple of days, but she is going to be A okay. We are over the moon. She will need some chemo and radiation though, but not til she heals, in about 8 weeks or so.
    I love your makes. So sweet, and delicate, the first ones. I love the potholders too. I have my yarn and stuff, but haven't been able to concentrate enough to hook a single stitch!!!! Imagine that. Maybe today. We are going to watch a movie later. Been nice being here with my Mom. I will have Noah dropped off here later. He is on Spring Break, and I need to have him too. But he will be just fine here. Lots to do. May have one of the nephews come take him fishing on the lake. You take care, and feel better soon. I would come take care of you too, if I could.
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh bless your heart, I had that a few years ago at a swim meet. I was working at the meet, started to sweat and feel nauseous , and just made it outside to the bushes, how gross is that? I made it home and preceded to throw up for hours. It was horrible.
    Hope you are feeling better now.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am so glad you are feeling better now. What a horrible ordeal to have to go through.

    Love all the pretty things you made.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, hell! Doing deals from the base of the toilet...ah yes...I was right in that exact spot three weeks ago...but mine was flu! N.O.T.H.I.N.G. worse! Glad you're feeling better! Nothing like a little dose of nausea to make one realize how great every day is that we aren't sick! Take it easy, Missy! Pretty goodies you've shown here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're feeling better by now Pammy Sue - food poisoning sure isn't much fun. The little thread sachets are very pretty. You're becoming a real threadie aren't you? I must dig out the doiley I half finished ages ago - it needs to become a FO. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh. Hope this week is better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is some kind of flu-like bug going around. I saw it on the news. Hope I don't get it. Glad you are better. At least you have the captain to help you. All I have are the cats. lol. Lot of help they'll be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, what on earth caused that? I sure hope you are completely over this nasty stuff. Dry heaves are the worst. Love the motifs, they are all so pretty and that flower one is adorable.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥