Sunday, March 30, 2014

Deja Vu

This was all I accomplished on the crochet front this week.
I got sick of seeing the old one on the kitchen counter.
It's just all hdc with crab stitching around the top.

I was sick again...exactly the same thing as last weekend! It helped me figure out what caused it though, and that won't be happening anymore. I had started a new medication about 24 hours before I got sick the first time.  Of course, I stopped it after I started vomiting because I couldn't keep anything down anyway. I started it up again a couple of days after I started feeling better, and in less than 24 hours, I was down again. Today is the first day I'm feeling good enough to stay up and about. 

But guess what? My fat pants aren't as uncomfortable anymore! The bright side, people.

Anyway..I have started the new Nordic Shawl and am 27 rows in.

I'm trying a new chicken crock pot recipe.
Pesto-Ranch Chicken
I used 2 pkgs of chicken tenders. They're in the crock now.

The recipe is easy...boneless chicken breasts or thighs or tenders, 1 envelope of dry Ranch dressing mix, 1 small jar of pesto (I used basil pesto), and about 1/2 cup water.  Cook on low 5-6 hours. I'm going to serve mine mixed with Penne Pasta.

Put the lid on and go!

The recipe I screwed up in my last entry was Banana-Coconut Bread. I found the recipe on Pinterest and pinned it. If you see it, I'd recommend NOT using the whole recipe in one loaf pan, but I don't think it's enough for two full-size loaves. The original pinner said she used 4 mini-loaf pans. At the last minute, I found I didn't have any coconut so I used a cup of chocolate chips instead. I'm sure that wasn't the problem though.

I'm off to watch the race. Later.

9 comments:

  1. The chicken sounds really good, thank you for sharing the recipe. I hope you can stop getting sick now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found the reason for your sickness, your chicken dish sounds yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gadzooks.. what kind of medication would make you that sick? Tell us so we won't make the same mistake. Your chicken looks good, let us know how it comes out. I sent my dau. and SIL out for a "date" and I'm staying with the girls and toiling away on a PURPLE bunny (crochet). Sheesh.. she only wanted it in dark purple. Next up is a pink lamb. LOL! We're off to Amish country tomorrow. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog. Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salivating here..This one I must try. So easy too. Thanks for sharing.

    Continue mending!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you've figured out the cause of your sickness Pammy Sue. That's not the medication for you is it?

    The chicken looks and sounds like it will be great. Please let us know if it tastes good too. I'm thinking I need to buy some Pesto and give it a try.

    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling much better :)) The chicken dish sounds de lish :)) hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. That chicken sounds so good! And the bread did too.
    I am wanting to do a Nordic Shawl too!!!!!
    Sorry to hear you got sick again. Ewww! But glad you figured it out.
    Hope to get to catch up with you soon!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty pretty yarn next to your (also pretty) jar in that first pic. Your crock pot meals always sound interesting and look good. Its good that you've discovered what's making you sick - its horrible when you don't feel well. Are those doilies on the background to your blog Trish Kristoffersen designs? I love her stuff. G'night now. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥