Saturday, February 01, 2014

Various and Sundry

Lookie what came in the mail!
My new colors of Knit Picks Brava Sport.
Go ahead and stick your face in there. I did!
I'm pretty sure my eyes were dilated and twinkly too.

I made these Pineapple Cookies a couple of days ago.
Pineapple Cookies...sounds weird, huh?
I was intrigued.

My Review:  These won't ever be my favorite, but they are good. Wish they tasted more like pineapple. They are soft and taste more like sugar cookies. I loved that they are sprinkled with sugar and freshly-grated nutmeg. They were easy to mix up and made 2 dozen. (I used an 8-oz can of pineapple chunks which I squished up with my hands and then drained well because I didn't have a can of crushed. Maybe that made a difference? I don't know. I made The Captain do a taste test when he got home from work without knowing what was in them. He couldn't tell, but guessed that maybe they were orange cookies.)


Not home-made, but I still love them for lunch sometimes.
They warm your tummy if you get them good and hot first.

Cheesecake!
I made this yesterday for my Dad's birthday cake.
His birthday is Sunday.

Happy 81st Birthday, Daddy!

Take your pick as a topping.
I like mine plain, but I may have a bite with each.
(Check out my shawl in the background! Shhhh!)

I saw The Captain making his breakfast this morning and ran in there to get a picture.
Toast with peanut butter and bananas!
YUM!

I noticed this cool reflection in our TV this morning.
(That's a reflection of a light in the kitchen)
It looked much more groovy and cool in person.
I thought God was coming for me.
Or Pink Floyd. LOL.

Does anybody get that joke? If you didn't have the album (yes, album!), Pink Dark Side of the Moon, you probably don't get it. On the front of the album cover, it had -- oh never mind.  If I have to explain it, it's not funny. 

Man, I am loving the parentheses today. Mayhaps someone had too much caffeine? Guess what? I won $40 on a scratch-off lottery ticket this week! Not exactly a windfall, but better than I've ever done before. I usually suck at the lottery, which is weird because I am a lucky girl. I love saying that, and I swear it makes me even more lucky. I say it every time I find a penny on the ground. I don't think anyone other than a child is as happy as I am when I find a penny.

Speaking of being lucky, I still haven't hung the horseshoe. There's a problem. I want it to go on the outside above the door, but there is brick there. The Captain is going to have to get up there with some kind of brick-penetrating apparatus for me. I think there is an aisle at Home Depot for "Brick Penetrating Apparatuses."

I've gotta go and stop rambling stoopidly. 

See ya, chickies!
(And roosters, if any)

12 comments:

  1. I was going to try those cookies out - looks like you beat me to it. I went to a Pink Floyd concert when I was about 18. They were carrying people out on stretchers Ha!
    Your baby blanket in the previous post turned out beautiful.
    Have a great weekend - we are going to a Superbowl party to eat crappy food and drink beer. I'll have to make sure we have plenty of Tums in the cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl!
    I just got some Knit Picks Brava Sport in the mail a couple of weeks ago too!
    It's my first go at this yarn. I love it! I am making a baby blankie for my soon to be grandson. What is yours for?
    I am going to try the pineapple cookies. It will make a yummy new thing for my Monday night knitting group to try out.
    Your cheesecake is gorgeous!!!
    My hubby's favorite!
    Happy Birthday to you Dad!
    xoxo
    Danette
    p.s. Are you still there? Or did Pink Floyd snatch you already?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed most of the way through this post! The cookies looked good, and I never met a cookie I didn't like...well, ahem, until today when I tried the newest Girl Scout cookie, bleh, patooey. Cranberry Citrus Crisps...e gads...don't buy them!!!!
    Your cheesecake looks goooooood!!! Daddy will love it. Happy Birthday to him!!
    And the yarn...oh my.....oh I get excited when I see yarn....whatcha making with that?
    I did not have a clue what you were talking about withe Pink Floyd album cover? I was more of a Jim Messina, and James Taylor, Jimmy Buffet, kind of gal.
    Love ya to pieces!!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Love the colors of your new yarn! :)
    Kathy (Rav)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Pammy Sue. I felt like I was talking to my best friend Jenny. This is how our conversations go. Hopping from one thing to another and none of them had a thing to do with each other! Love it! The cookies look wonderful.
    Happy Birthday to your Dad. The cheesecake looks yummy too. (Today is my birthday-could I have a bite?)
    Love the knit Picks box. What will the yarn become?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought some spaghettios for my lunch too. Great minds think alike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helloooo, hellooo, issssss, annnyone innn thereeee, cannn, anyoooonnne heeear me? :-) I saw the wall in high school (on a date), it went waaaay over my head at the time. LOVE the yarn, gorgeous colors, I'll have to look it up. It looks very soft and squishy. :-) Your cheesecake looks terrific, mine always cracks on top. Happy b-day to your Dad. Have a nice evening. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy looking yarn! What fun thing(s) are you planning for it?
    I saw that recipe and wondered if it was any good. I'm not a fan of pineapple, but my husband is.
    Oh, yeah, I had the album :-) Cool pic.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First..I love your colors choices of yarn, can't wait to see what you have in mind for it. Second..I love your blog..I get you!!! Love Pink Floyd..not so much the idea of pineapple cookies..thank you so much for the smile today..Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for cheering me up Pammy Sue, you do make me chuckle, your cookies look lovely to me and that peanut butter toast with banana's looks good, I must try that, I have never had bananas on my peanut butter before. Lovely yarn too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made pineapple out of zucchini once, it was quite tastey, I know, I know that makes little sense but it is so. I have made pineapple cookies with it and they were good too. Love the yarn, I love yarn, enough said, lol.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Grannie had a recipe to make pineapple cookies - came straight out of a cookbook my Mom made in the 5th grade! They were always tasty, though from what I remember, never had a strong pineapple taste. I will have to dig through her recipe drawer the next time Mom and I are at the house and compare notes ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥