Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Japanese Baby Cape & Other Stuff

Absolutely love this little baby cape!
I want the pattern badly, but it's not clear exactly what Japanese book it's in.
Photo credit:  Baby Cape
I've left her a message, but who knows if she'll answer it.
She lists the name as:  "Crochet in 1 Week! Crochet for Baby"

It may be this one. Does anybody have this? Is the cape pattern in there?  (The one in my first picture, not the one above.)  I found this book with a similar name on etsy, but it doesn't show the cape. There are a couple of books with a similar names. It could be in this one, but I'm not going to buy it and have it shipped from Hong Kong just to find out. Can anybody help a girl out?

Edited to Add:  I found the pattern!!  FREE!  But only in graph form.  Find it HERE.

I think this is so pretty.
Would I have the patience?  No.
I saw it here somewhere on Ebay...don't know exactly.

I busted out laughing when I saw this.
Ha-ha-ha!
Find it here:  Scrounge Cat

Just read this book on my Kindle during a sleepless night.
True Story.
Not great, but not horrible either.
It was a free daily deal from Bookbub.com.


I've had a bad case of insomnia lately. When I do sleep, it's fitful and full of nightmares that make me yell over and over in my sleep. The Captain is not pleased. He was so mad and yelled at me about it last night because I woke him up. How does he think I feel, and what does he think I can do about it? I was in a dead sleep and had no idea I was yelling, however after I was rudely awakened by him chewing my ass out, I realized what I was doing. My heart was slamming and I was in a state of high anxiety. Him yelling at me didn't help things at all. Hmpf!

I have no idea why. Nothing is different as far as medications or anything else that I know of. I feel like shit from lack of sleep. Bitch and moan.

I'm crocheting something cute!
I'll be back with it later this week.
Maybe tomorrow?

16 comments:

  1. That cape is beautiful! I too would love to make one like it, I hope someone knows where to find the pattern. Sorry to hear you are having insomnia Pammy Sue, it's awful I know because I go through phases when I can't sleep and it's usually when I have to get up and go to work the next day, hope you have a good sleep tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful baby pattern:-) i would love to have the pattern:-):-) thanks for stopping by my blog its always great to read comments:-) makes my day . Hugs pat:-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am at a loss..sorry you are not sleeping well..maybe a sleep clinic is in order? Japanese patterns are lovely and they are in diagram form for us that don't read japanese..so are you going to make the jacket? Many blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cape is so pretty. I'm terrible at reading a crochet pattern in symbols, I think I'd mess up badly if I tried to work from one. The scrounge cat is interesting! Can you make a scrounge doggy? I really hope you can start sleeping better soon, this sounds awful. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, that is a pretty little shawl for a child.. sweet as can be! I wish I had a little girl to make it for.. my 2 grandsons aren't candidates for it. :-) NOW.. as for the pineapple lace edging.. I made 3 of those for my china cabinet shelves.. without the top part, just the edging. You'd love it! You might have sleep apnea. Which means you need a sleep test to find out. And if you have it, you need a bipap and mask. I use one to sleep.. but my nights have been really bad lately.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both the cape and the shelf cloth too. They are gorgeous. Are you going to make the cloth? I'm so sorry about the insomnia, I've had it for several years now. I have begun drinking an herbal tea that I mix with four herbs I order online. I have given samples to several friends that have problems sleeping too and it really helps. I know it's chamomile, oat straw, peppermint and one more that I can't remember right now. I'll look it up when I get home and post it in my blog. I drink a cup about an hour before bed and I'm amazed that I sleep all night. But...I've been there and can definitely sympathize.
    Hope things look up soon. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so fabulous, wish I could crochet! Hope your sleepless nights end soon!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE capelet! You poor thing, having those nightmares! Tell The Cap to wear some earplugs, and be nice to my Pammy Sue. She can't help it!!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate when I'm not sleeping well... it makes EVERYTHING difficult! Hope you are resting easy soon! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the little shawl. Hope you get a better nights sleep soon. Mayby have a nice cup of tea in the evening, watch something light and funny on tv. Don't know if that will help or not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well CRAP!
    I hate to hear you are having so much sleep trouble :(((
    I am a fitful sleeper always. NO FUN!!!
    You are right ~ that cape is to die for!!! So glad you found the pattern!
    Loving the scrounge cat :)))
    Can't wait to see what's on your hook now!
    XoXo,
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the little cape! Hope your sleeping fits ease up. I always wake myself up when I holler in my sleep like that. I've done it for years. And my sleep or lack thereof is always fitful. I toss and turn all night long along with the hot flashes. :( Then I wake up and lay there forever trying to go back to sleep and once I do then it's time to get up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that cape it is so beautiful I can see why you want to make it. I love the scrounge cat too neat part to can show the ends of yarn. Love all the loose ends of yarn great beautiful things to make. Thank you for sharing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cape, very cute. Tell your hubby this is how you feel when he wakes you up snoring, but you don't yell at him, or do you?
    Hugs and hope you are sleeping soundly right this minute.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that cape!!! It's soo cute! Those Japanese patterns/charts make my eyes cross. I have two books and I just drool over the pictures but haven't attempted anything yet.
    If my anxiety is bad during the day, I do the same thing as you at night.
    I usually take a big old nap the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That cape is adorable, you're so brave to take it on from a chart!!
    I've done a couple of doilies from charts but I don't think I could do anything more complicated than them myself.
    Well done to you!! I look forward to seeing you make it at some point.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥