Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Crochet and A Recipe



I've been looking for a granny heart pattern like this for ages. I saw one a few years ago that was white and made into a ring bearer's pillow, but there was no pattern with it. I'm happy with the way this turned out. Next time I'll put a white ruffly edge on it and make it extra special. Even though it's a little late for Valentines Day, I'll have it for my table next year!

Free Pattern:  HERE
Thanks Anna!



I got this magazine at JoAnn last Friday. If you don't have it and are a thread crochet lover, I do recommend it. It has several nice patterns I want to try...

This is one of them. Pretty, eh?




Great, Easy Recipe Alert!!


Season and brown some boneless porkchops...
Chop into bite-size chunks.
(I only used half of these in this recipe and saved the rest for another meal)


Throw the chopped up pork chops and the contents of these cans into an electric skillet or LARGE saucepan. (I get these at Wal-Mart. Sometimes they don't have the Chop Suey Vegetables so I have to go to another store to find them.)

Add 3 Tbsp of Soy Sauce and 3 Tbsp of Teriyaki Sauce. Mix well and let it all bubble away until everything is hot. Serve over white or brown rice.

Makes a lot and it's great!
Leftovers...yay, no cooking!
Credit:  Miss Kay from Duck Dynasty


I got distracted from my Japanese Baby Cape yesterday and made that big RED heart instead of finishing it. I hope to finish the cape in the next couple of days. I only have three rows and the neck edging and tie left to do. It's so pretty! I can't wait to show it to you in all its glory.

Sneak Peek just for you...


Oh my...

10 comments:

  1. Love the heart! :)

    The doily you showed us is pretty....it looks like it might be a nice magazine. I hope to find one in my area soon and flip through it. I have a two pattern rule, there has to be at least two patterns in there that I want to make or I can't buy it.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you the busy bee? LOVE the red heart! A ruffle-y white edging would be purty! That is a pretty and different doily.. I love it! That looks like a good recipe too. Can't wait to see the capelet in all it's glory! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of "goodies" for us to see today. I really like the red heart and will print the pattern out for next year. (And then I'll forget where I put it!) The magazine looks great too. I really enjoy crocheting with thread. I'll have to check out the selection at Joann's next time I'm there.
    I have Miss Kay's cookbook. Aren't some of her recipes great?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your crochet Pammy Sue. I am also in love with those Tulip hooks, Captain did a great job picking those out. Max can no longer jump on our bed, it hurts his hips poor baby, and I am not lifting up his 87lb body. I miss his snuggle sup there but have to be honest I am sleeping better without him hogging half of the bed.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely heart Pammy Sue I have pinned it, something else I will have to make, the doily is lovely too. I can't wait to see the cape reveal! I started mine tonight and am on to row 9 but I made mine smaller starting with an 83 chain because my yarn is thicker than yours. I'm not sure about the colour I've chosen but I am enjoying the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful red heart..:)) Cute stairs for the pup.. very thoughtful :))Hugs ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect V-Day heart! I am having so much fun dabbling in crochet! hee hee. I am looking forward to seeing that little Japanese number! blessings ~ tanna
    ps you need to make a Hogwart Express. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been reading all the things going on here, all the previous posts and find it all of interest. Love the heart, the recipes and all the other things you wanted to share with us. I have to post and get back to my blogging. This has been a longggggg winter.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty heart :-) Thanks for the pattern link. Have fun with your new book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that heart!!
    Not sure if I could totally work out the chart, but I've used basic charts before so maybe I could.
    You made a lovely job of it though, it's gorgeous.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥