Sunday, January 26, 2014

Some Granny Shawl Patterns

The granny shawl pattern from the link I gave yesterday is HERE.  My comments were written all in fun, and I assumed that whomever wrote that pattern would never see my comments since it was from a foreign company.  I do realize the reason they are unclear is because English is not their first language.  If I had to write a pattern in another language, I'm sure it would be all messed up and difficult to follow too.  I just wanted to say that so no one thinks I'm a TOTAL asshole...just a partial one.  Ha-ha.

I didn't finish that shawl pictured in the June 2010 post and no longer have it.

The granny shawl pattern I always use now is up in my menu bar.  It's called 1970's Filigree Shawl. The original pattern link is archived HERE.

There is also another Granny Shawl pattern on Ravelry HERE that I used for the below shawl:

I made this from all variegated colors of various yarn brands.
I gave this away to my sister's friend.
More pictures on my Ravelry Projects Page.

19 comments:

  1. Your header picture is great! Granny shawls are my favorite crochet project, especially out of variegated yarn. I wish it was cold enough to wear one right now, but the weather isn't cooperating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! This is the year I will make a shawl!!!!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! So there!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the links. I love making shawls, although I rarely wear them. Weird...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very pretty, I'm making shawls right now so thank you for the links Pammy Sue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG it's like my thoughts you were reading I have been looking for something exactly like this somewhat simple,fun,something I can change up just by using different colors. I couldn't find anything I really wanted until I read your blog post.
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like it too! Fun and beautiful too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your shawl beautiful colors. Girl you make me laugh and forget my troubles thank God for neat people like you I got the best deal I got to meet you. Been following you for a long time. Love all that you share does not not matter what as we are a extended family here. I am working on a half granny square first time I am trying it making a shawl I want to put a nice edging on it. It goes so fast that I probably make a couple more. Stay well be happy you still make my day better. I am so happy to see my favorite blogger and friend back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors you used are great and they make the shawl look very classy. Go Fletch ..... you're a star !!!! I need you to tell me how to change the template on my blog. I'm terrified I'll lose the lot if I start fiddling around with it. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful COLOR, Pammy Sue! You know I am such a color addict! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Header picture is adorable..what a face...:) The shawl is pretty I've not ever seen one..inspiring..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like those colors!! Very nice shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glenda M.2:42 PM

    Maybe it's just me, but I tried crocheting a shawl from a Garn Studio pattern and finally gave up on it because the pattern just didn't make sense to me. I haven't had that much trouble with other patterns -- even ones that I translated from another language!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pammy Sue, do you know the name of the doily you're working on? The one I'm making is called the Oval pineapple Doily. I've run into confusion on row 15. Maybe-if it's the same one you can give me some pointers?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your help. I think I'll have to just rip it out and start a different one. I appreciate you checking though.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it with varigated yarn. It is a fun and lovely shawl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE IT!
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥