Thursday, November 07, 2013

A Walk

I guess the book I've been reading got me in the mood to walk yesterday, so I did.  Come with me. I couldn't have picked a shittier day, but it was fun.
It was overcast.

And windy, and cold, and it even rained on me.

I saw all kinds of things, like this newly-stained fence.  It even smelled good.

If not for the ugly trash and recycle bins, this was a pretty shed.

One last flower (hibiscus?) for the year in someone's back driveway.

A very Texas-proud whirligig wind thingy.
What do you call them? A weathervane.


Prettiness.

A little dude on a roof.

A wild garden.

Roses withering in the cold in a mailbox planter.

This white iceberg rose is in my side yard, also blooming for the last time this year.

By the time I got home, I was thoroughly frozen.
It felt GOOD. I felt GOOD.
For the first time in days.

❀❀❀❀❀❀

I fixed myself a hot cup of tea, sat down with my Kindle Fire, and I finished the book. I hate the feeling you get at the end of a book, when you turn the page and there's nothing left. Boo-Hoo! What'll I do now? I want it to keep going!

You know how when something not particularly good happens and you immediately say, "Are you kidding me?"  My very favorite excerpt from the book:

"One thing I've learned is the universe is never kidding. It takes what it wants and it never gives it back."

You got that right, sister.

.

12 comments:

  1. A walk is good. Sometimes we need that. I know the feeling about the end of a book, especially when it is a good one and you can't put it down. I did that years ago with "The Thorn Birds", the book disappeared and I later found it at the bottom of a basket of clothes needing folded....my hubby was the guilty party on that one. He said all I did was read, and nothing else was getting done around the house. Oh, BOO HOO!
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooler weather always inspires me to commune with nature! I love the roses beside that mailbox! Purty, purdeeee! We are cold, then it warms again, then it chils again. Summer and winter are doing battle! I know who is gonna win! I've been crocheting...obsessed with that dang crocodile stitch! Will post something soon. My daughter is moving out this weekend and I think once all the commotion is behind me I'll be better able to focus! Miss interacting with you, chickadee! Hugs, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that lovely walk Pammy Sue!
    Some mighty fine sights.
    So glad you enjoyed it and were able to thaw out with a nice cup of tea when you got back home.
    Love the book quote!
    Happy Day,
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking us on your walk with you. I can't really walk from our farm as there's not safe place to walk on the side of the country road in front of the house here. I have the book on my iPad and will start it when I finish "The Long Ride" by Nicholas Sparks. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pammy Sue, how did I miss all of these posts? I am catching up, and see you have read a good book, baked a new cake, some sausage and rice, taken a lovely walk, done no crochet, and had a birthday!!!! How did I miss this? Happy belated birthday Pammy Sue! I am so sorry to have missed it! When was it?
    I have a very sick dog. He has been in hospital for three days...may not make it. I have my third consecutive head cold, and am feeling rotten! Talk soon.
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly had a lot of great things to see on your walk.. How about that park...?? :))

    Thanks for sharing todays news at your place :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brrrrr ... I feel totally invigorated after that walk - even though its just in my mind LOL. Loved the shed and the mailbox planter the best but that fence came a close third. Gosh its flat where you live - very pretty too. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been such a long while so it was nice to go on the walk with you. Your little punkins in you header are cute and look just right there. Sometimes being out when it's cooler, ( fresher ) does make you feel better. I'd rather walk in cool than hot, and especially this time of year, round here with leaves changing and all, there is this autumn scent which is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's something about walking that helps clear the mind. It's good for the body and good for the spirit. Hope your weekend is good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely walk. It looks like you live in a pretty neighborhood. Walks do make you feel better. I could really use a goddamn walk right now. Sigh. Thanks for sharing your walk with us. I really like the little dude on the roof. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed the walk Pammy Sue thanks for taking us with you so much better than having to do it ourselves, it's blinkin cold here too. I must make the effort and I know once I set off I will enjoy it. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. First thing I noticed....that beautiful flat land LOL. The hills here are killers! I know how you feel about the book. I think most readers go through that :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥