Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pumpkin & Lizards & Stuff

My first pumpkin dish of the season...


Pumpkin Pie Cake!

Ingredients

This turned out to be really good. It's a thin layer of pumpkin pie filling on the bottom and a crunchy, cakey, streusel-like top. It really is a mix between a pie and a cake. Very good.

Recipe HERE.



I finished this bunting for my sister's porch yesterday.
Now to package it up and send it off to San Diego.

Also on the crochet front, I added six more rows to my Big Yellow Taxi Blanket while watching baseball last night. I keep crocheting on it, but it doesn't seem to get any bigger. I know it does, but it's hard to see at this point. There's still a long way to go.


The Captain has spent the last few days working in the backyard. He cut and installed this wood trim along the hedges. It looks good. Will be even better when the grass fills in next year.


These are the stones that were stacked along the hedges. Not sure what he's going to do with them yet, but it's something back in this corner of the yard. (I just typed yarn instead of yard and had to fix it. Ha!)


While moving all the stones, he displaced a bunch of geckos from their homes. I guess they'll set up house in the new habitat he creates with the stone.


Fletch was playing King of the Mountain last night.
He stayed up there for the longest time just looking around.
He reminded me of a billy goat.

I made some dip yesterday so we'd have some munchies for the race today. These brown rice Triscuits with sea salt and black pepper are good!

This was originally supposed to be filling for some tortilla roll-ups, but it was so good with the Triscuits I decided not to make the roll-ups and use it as dip instead.  The ingredients are:  1 pkg cream cheese, 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar, 1 small can chopped black olives, 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes, 1 tsp garlic powder, 4 Tbsp diced jalapeno (from a jar).


Beautiful!



See ya!

12 comments:

  1. That pie-cake looks yummy! How is the kitty coming? Cap is really spiffing up the back yard! That is some scaly lizard! That dip looks good too.. cream cheese with anything is good.. lol! We head home today.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh your pumpkin cake looks sooooo yummy! I have yet to have anything pumpkin flavored this year (unusual for me).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love any kind of pumpkin dish this time of year. The bunting looks good out on your patio. I'm sure your sis will love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay that cake and dip look really yummy, you are tempting me to come over and watch the race with you and I don't even like watching races.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that cake looks so tempting. Anything that has the word DIP would be a good thing with me. I am a dip lover. Your hubby did some neat looking work. I always loved doing landscaping projects, improving the look of the yard. It all looks good when the grass fills in the bare spots. Your dogs are funny, just like mine. You asked me if the new dress form scared the dogs, actually no, maybe cause Chewy was so nosy when the box arrived, and when I opened it he had to run around like he had to let it know he was top dog around here. You can never get anything past that dog...just rattle a bag and you can bet he is under your feet, always afraid he will miss something, lol
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made that same recipe last week and plan do do another tomorrow. It really IS that good! In fact, my daughter wants me to make this for thanksgiving instead of pumpkin pie. Fletch looks like he is king of the mountain and quite proud of that fact. :-) Love the yard surprises, especially the gecko.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That wood trim around the hedges looks very nice! I love my bunting! I made something for you today...not finished yet but probably will finish tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My cousin just made the pumpkin cake last weekend. It was WONDERFUL!!! I'm a sucker for anything pumpkin, but this was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate pumpkin but that dish looks so good I would probably even try a bit (if I could). Love the King of the Couch .. so funny. Love that last pic of the afghan .. is this something you're making ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate pumpkin but that dish looks so good I would probably even try a bit (if I could). Love the King of the Couch .. so funny. Love that last pic of the afghan .. is this something you're making ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful blanket Pammy Sue!
    And your sisters bunting is so sweet hanging there. Bet she loves it. King Fletch is too darn cute :)
    ~Danette

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful blanket Pammy Sue!
    And your sisters bunting is so sweet hanging there. Bet she loves it. King Fletch is too darn cute :)
    ~Danette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥