Monday, October 14, 2013

Keeper Recipe & Rain

I found this recipe online at Mandy's Recipe Box under her Most Popular Posts. I figured it had to be good, and it was. So easy with only three ingredients besides the chicken! The recipe is called Orange Chicken for Dummies, and you can click HERE for the recipe. Those are some weird ingredients to be mixing together, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I used two 18-oz pkgs of chicken tenders because I wanted leftovers.

And then I made the Sourdough Honey Wheat Roll recipe that I got from Teresa's blog, but I halved it this time. We still have plenty for leftovers.

❀❀❀❀❀❀

It's a rainy, dark day outside today. I know I say this every time it happens, but I LOVE IT. It makes me even lazier than normal though. I got up at 8:30 this morning, stayed up less than an hour, and went straight back to lay down and didn't wake up until 1:30. Jeez! In my defense, I didn't sleep good all weekend for whatever reason. I guess I had some catching up to do.



No new crocheting going on. I think I'll look around at everyone else's for a while and have a cup of hot tea.

Rain, Rain,
Please never go away…


7 comments:

  1. That chicken looks so good... I'm going to go check out the recipe after I leave this comment! I'm so happy you're enjoying that sourdough honey wheat bread.. Dayle tweaked several recipes together to make the best bread. You can also bake it in loaf pans for bread, but I love the rolls. Enjoy your fall day!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Rainy days! We don't get full rainy days here either unless a storm is coming. I had them all the time in NJ growing up loved them! Im so making this chicken. Im at work and starving! This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like rainy days too because it gives me a break from the outside work and lets me putter around inside doing little things and finding an excuse to plop my butt down and grab my project. I watch the Y&R and B&B so I actually get to watch them and crochet. On days when I am outside or babysitting I DVR the shows and watch them later. Your back yard looks so neat and tidy. What is that you have growing on the fence, way to the back? Don't feel bad about sleeping late, I get up at 6 and leave the dogs out and then go back to bed for 2 or 3 hours. Of all the shifts I worked I hated days the worst. That getting up early was for the birds. Besides, if it was raining then it is also good sleeping weather. Your body probably needed the extra sleep anyways....the meal looks tasty. The rolls look good too....that Teresa's hubby, he can sure whip up some good looking food. Now I am drooling!
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pammy Sue, I am like you, I LOVE the rain!! I wish it would rain every day!
    That chicken looks delicious! And those rolls...oh my. I must try them.
    I need to email you, or text or call. You know the blanket that Priscilla just finished? She said she got the pattern from you. I would love to have it, if you would share!
    Hope you are doing okay. I miss our talks.
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. That recipe is similar to one I used to make often. I used a packet of French Onion Soup (dry mix) and a tin of Apricot Nectar. Mix together, pour over chicken and then do the same as this recipe. Those rolls look yummy - bet they taste good. Enjoy the rain - I only like it when I don't have to go out. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing those links, Pammy Sue! Yes, bring on the rain! It always makes me want to cook. ;) blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy looking chicken, three ingredients sounds like it is perfect for me. I LOVE rain!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥