Saturday, October 19, 2013

Inspiration...Pass It On




Pattern:  In the above shown book.
Yarn:  I used Aunt Lydia's #3 Natural and Red Heard #3 Warm Teal (both thread)
Hook Size:  C, 2.0-2.25 mm

Inspiration to make it:  HERE  Thank you, Maaike!  You never know when you will inspire someone. Don't you love it when you're surfing around blogland and find that someone has posted just the thing you were looking for to make? Get your hooks and cameras out and POST! Pass it on.

I've had the book for a few weeks now. I looked through it a couple of times, but that pattern never struck me as something I wanted to make until I saw it on Maaike's blog. Now I want to make a big one like hers too!

These pictures were taken at about 4:30 this morning. I've had several nights of insomnia lately and I have no idea why. I'd had enough of lying in bed so I got up and unpinned this doily from the blocking board and starting taking pictures. It always takes about 15 shots to get one or two I want to use.

❀❀❀❀❀❀

Tonight we are going OUT. I mean really OUT. We're calling it our anniversary date even though our anniversary isn't until October 30th. Twenty one years. I bought tickets to a special live show about four months ago. The time has come. I'll tell you all about it in my next post.

Time for me to get all dolled up and ready to go. See ya.

15 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time! Happy early anniversary. Your doily is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny because I have that book and I was just thinking that I don't remember it from the book, I will have to go back and check it out. I love yours. Happy early Anniversary, hope you have a wonderful night out.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that book too. My problem is I skim through them so fast I hardly take time to know exactly what patterns are in it. I finished my 3 shawls and have to block them, maybe I'll just steam them, I hate that job. And, blogger is giving me grief, I can't get into my design page so who knows when my next post will be.
    Susanne :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how much I love your doilies and that one rocks! Gracie and I had lunch today and went into a little yarn shop and I'm sitting here kicking myself that I didn't get some handspun alpaca for Meredith's shawl. gah.

    *H*A*P*P*Y* * *A*N*N*I*V*E*R*S*A*R*Y*!*!* to you and the Captain... I hope you had a blast!

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your time together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you and the captain have a wonderful time OUT. Live shows are always very special. Your doily is lovely and the shots look quite professional. :) Don't forget to take a pic of you all dolled up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that doily! So pretty! I have a lot of sleepless nights too. But I never get up and do anything, I just toss and turn. Sometimes, I prowl around the house, and think about crocheting, but don't for some reason.
    I can't wait to hear about your date night!!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful doily Pammy Sue, have a great night out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy the show and may you and yours be blessed many more years..

    ReplyDelete
  10. That I a a beautiful doily. Thank you for posting it. I hope you and your Hubby had a fun time on your anniversary date.
    Congratulations on your 21st!!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I picked up a Crochet World magazine today and it is full of these doilies. Seeing yours makes me want to do some!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess I'm going to have to get that book. I keep seeing it everywhere.
    That's a beautiful pattern and doily.
    Happy Anniversary-have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that doily! Where did you get the book? I'll have to see if I can find it.

    Happy Anniversary to you and the Captain! That's just so awesome. My anniversary was yesterday. If we had stayed married it would have been 27 years. Stuff like that never leaves you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bought the book used on Amazon.com. That's where I almost always get my books, and I also almost always get them used. Even with shipping $3.95, they are cheaper than new and in just as good condition.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a great pre-anniversary celebration!! wishing you many more years to celebrate! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥