Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Happy Place Wednesday Night

I'm piled up in bed (my happy place) with the dogs, my crochet, and some magazines tonight.

Gossip and celeb smut mags.  Yay!

Yarn and crochet pattern catalogs.  Yay!

Close-ups of celeb asses and cellulite! Yay! Thank the lord nobody wants a close-up of mine.

I made some mocha brownies today. They were just a box mix, but they're good.

I got a mani/pedi today. It was long overdue. I got a lavender color on my toes. I rarely ever get a color on my nails. I prefer an American or French manicure on fakes.

I stopped and got dinner on the way home so I didn't have to cook. Score! Spaghetti and salad. I know we just had spaghetti this weekend, but we like it, okay? This particular place has gyros sandwiches, so I got The Captain one of those too in case he wasn't in the mood for spaghetti again. He ate both. Ha.

I think I told y'all that Fletch had some kind of eye problem. He still has it, poor thang. I think he has a cold in his eyes. Have y'all ever heard of that? I keep putting a warm, wet wash rag over his eyes and holding it there. He loves it. If it doesn't go away in a couple of days, he's going to the vet. I'd feel horrible if he lost his sight because I didn't take care of it. Both eyes are very runny, but only his right one is squinty or he just holds it shut, especially first thing in the mornings.

Have I told y'all that I love the Kardashians? Don't tell anybody, but I really do. I love watching their shows. I don't like Kanye West, however. He's kind of loony-toons.  Okay, not kind of, A LOT. He's a maniac. What is wrong with Kim that she would marry somebody like that? She seems like a reasonable person, but loving somebody like Kanye makes her kinda weird. And poor Khloe! Her Lamar went way off the rails, didn't he? I feel so bad for her. Okay, enough of the Kardashian love.

I love ghost shows too. I watch all of the ghost/paranormal shows or record them. I want to go ghost hunting sometime. Anybody with me?

I'm going to go work on my Angel doily now and see what's on TV. There's usually a ghost show or two on TV on Wednesday and Saturday nights. I call them "Ghost Nights." 

Chatty Cathy is going now. Bye.

Update:  This Angel doily is on my last nerve!! I am stuck again on the first row of the 8-petal flowers (daisies?) near the outer edge. Why? Why?  Why can't people be CLEAR if they are going to write a pattern and publish it??  My lovely angels are going to wind up in the garbage can.  Do you think I will go straight to hell?

15 comments:

  1. LOL! NO, I don't think you are going straight to hell. I may have to throw The Unloved in the garbage one day, too. ;)

    Glad you are all cuddled up with all your fun things. Sounds like it has been a good Wednesday. Hope you get that eye thing figured out! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind the Kardashians.. but hubby detests hearing one word about them.. I think Kim made a monstrous mistake hooking up with Kanye.. when he went up on stage and told Taylor Swift she didn't deserve that award.. what a creep he is! Don't throw the angel away.. keep trying to figure it out.. it's way to pretty to toss! I'm so happy that you will make wheat on your pie like my mom!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:14 PM

    I love the ghost shows where they go into abandon hospitals and sanatoriums, such as the one in Kentucky...Waverly Hills. I've seen it in quite a few shows and recently just saw the Turtleman show there!...lol
    I like when the hospitals still have records of patients thrown around, etc....Like they all clocked out for the day and never came back! I would love to read the patient records..
    You do very nice work, just hang in there with the doily you're almost done! Love your doggie pics too!
    Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is what I call relaxing :).
    On a side note you might want to edit your photos to black our your home address :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's go ghost hunting honey. I watch Bio all day Saturdays!!! Steve offered to follow us around with a camera and catch the madness as it happens!!! -Teener

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this chatty post! First of all. DON'T throw that beautiful angel doily away. You'll figure something out.
    I've never been into the Kardashians. They just seem so dysfunctional from what I've heard from various places. I don't need all that drama in my life. :-).
    A mani/pedi sounds nice, but I always end up doing my own. I guess I'm a cheapskate!!!
    Have fun with your cozy night. It sounds like fun.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God it takes a lot more than just throwing out a doily with Angels on it to send us to you know where!

    Please keep us updated on sweet little Fletch, sending prayers his way that his eyes will heal. Bless his little heart.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to modify a doily pattern because the pattern just would not work. Back up and go with your best, you have put alot of time in.Yes I have heard of a cold in the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to take my dog into the vet for allergies and an ear infection. Hope yours gets better soon. I don't know what angel pattern you are working on or I would help if I could. Have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm LOVING the new show Sleepy Hollow, are you?!! It just stinks that it's on the same night as Monday Night Football; so I've been catching the SH replays on hulu!.. Hope Fletch is feeling better soon. Give him some lovin' for me! ~teener

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was cozy in my bed crocheting and watching the Rays beat Cleavland!!!!!! Hooray, now onto Boston. Not a Kard, fan, they all creep me out with their plastic surgery and stuff.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have found that doily patterns are much worse than regular yarn patterns. Have had many problems with my doilies too because of mistakes in the pattern, or not written clearly.

    I hope Fletch is better soon. One thing you can use is Neosporin for his eyes. I use it for the barn cats all the time, the kittens get eye infections, I put this on their eyes and it clears up in a day or so. Just a little blob right on the eye. I used it for my golden retriever once too, he had an infection in his eye. Cleared right up. But if Fletch's eyes are clear watery, I'd say that is allergy not infection.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear, poor Fletch. I'd be taking him to the vet if I were you - eyes are so precious. I think your Angel doily is coming along nicely - hope it doesn't give you too much grief. Talk about spoilt ... was the mani/pedi a treat to yourself or has someone been very nice to you ? Have a great weekend and come visit my blog - I have some exciting news.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If that doily is giving you grief just lay it aside for awhile and clear the cobwebs from your head. It is so easy to become aggravated with a project and want to trash it. I say, you have come so far and it would be a same to throw out all that work. Make your own design for the next rows. I know you can do that. You are talented enough. Hope your doggie gets better. I hate it when mine get an eye infection. It ultimately ends with a trip to the vet and then the struggle trying to put the eye drops in their eyes. I always liked ghost stories too, but several years ago got hooked on forensic file shows. I know that sounds gruesome but I was in it for seeing what the clues were that caught the guilty party. I always loved a good who-done-it mystery too. Have a good weekend.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh those Kardashians, what a sorry lot they are. Sorry, I know some people love them and some people don't. It's all for the $ of course. Just like that Kate Gossling or Gosslin or whatever. Then there is that octa mom with the 12+ kids. People always make a spectacle of themselves to fill their pocket books. Why can't they stop being so full of themselves and put all their efforts into doing some good for others....sorry to be a wet blanket here....I know, I know, I'm no fun, lol
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥