Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Down Home; Darn Good

Comfort food...

All the ingredients for baked pork chops.
I made my own bread crumbs from toast and seasoned them with garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, and black pepper. Do all your seasoning and breading as directed...

Fry the chops until well-browned...

I mean really really well-browned...
Does anybody else put newspaper down everywhere when you fry? It sure saves on clean-up time!

Place them in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and cover with foil.

Bake covered for 1 hour...

Remove from oven and pour the sauce over the chops, then cover and return to the oven to bake another 30 minutes.

Here is what you end up with.

It was fantastic!
(I like lots of black pepper)

You can find the recipe HERE.

My notes:  I only had to bake mine 50 minutes because they were starting to burn, so check and make sure they're not burning before you bake yours the full hour.  Then I baked them another 25 minutes with the sauce on top.  I almost got mine too salty, so be careful.

***************************

The Captain brought a giant Morning Glory inside to me yesterday.

Isn't it pretty? It still looks just as good today.

***************************

I have to get to work. This is where I'll be a good part of the day with my headphones on typing my little heart out. One of my buddies, Eli, is under my desk right now. What would I do without all my little buddies?

Have a great day!

Pammy Sue

10 comments:

  1. Yum! You always make the yummiest of things. :)

    Awww little Eli is so cute waiting on you. :)

    Love the morning glory...they are so pretty.

    Blessings always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mercy me...that is Southern comfort food at it's finest!! I can almost taste it. I have not ever covered the counter tops when frying? Why have I not thought of that before? Thank you, you are brilliant!!! Watch me catch the house on fire when I try it though!!!
    I missed your anniversary fun night too. Looked like it was a good time!!! Aw that Cap...he is such a sweet guy!!! My husband hasn't brought me flowers in a while...I must drop a hint!!!
    xo Kris
    Ps Lovin the doilies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never covered the stovetop and counter when frying. What an absolutely brilliant idea! Thank you. Your pork chops look really yummy and I'm very impressed with that HUGE morning glory. Beautiful.
    Have fun working! With that great company under your desk I'm sure it won't be too bad! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always make such yummy looking food Pammy Sue, a great tip about the newspaper now why haven't I thought about that before. I can't believe your morning glory is still blooming, it's beautiful, I thought they were called morning glory because they just bloomed in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It just so happens I pulled a pack of chops out of the freezer to thaw...:)I am thinking this recipe and some mashed potatoes will be on the menu tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe. Oh and my grandmother always put newspaper down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG those chops look amazing! How do you not catch everything on fire? I usually use one of those splatter screens with a handle, but it doesn't work that great. I'm going to try the newspaper thing, with a bucket of water on the side haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd end up setting the kitchen on fire if I tried to put paper down on the stove top when I was frying anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pammy Sue i would burn the house down if I put paper around my stove..lol..
    The Pork chops look so inviting .:))
    Beautiful flower, I thought if had a light inside it..

    Have a great day :)) hugs pat ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is some down home good eating for sure!! YUM! No wonder the Captain brings you beautiful flowers! ;) That morning glory is stunning! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm, thx for the recipe, Pam...looks yummy. I've loved morning glories since I was a youngin' and that one is immense and beautiful. Covering the stovetop with newspapers is brilliant...just as long as I don't catch them on fire!
    Puppy says "come on, Mommy, type and earn my kibble!" :3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥