Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Crocheting, Cuddling, and Cooking

I've been crocheting on a little somethin-somethin today...or trying, BUT...

My name is Ollie, and I'm being a pain in the ass.
I just sit and stare at my momma and look all cute and whine.
Eventually she will do what I want...

And hold me in her lap with all my little feet in her hands.
I love that. It makes me feel good.
She acts like she's mad and annoyed, but she loves it too.

I got some ingredients together...

Did a little chopping and sauteing and browning...

And then threw it all in the crock pot for supper tonight.

Just put the lid on it and forget it until later when it starts smelling good and I go in and give it a good stir. I'm always worried that the potatoes won't get done, but it seems like they always do lately. Maybe the crock pots just cook better than they used to. I don't know, but it doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

Then I cleaned up the kitchen really well until it's sparkling clean again. I don't like a messy kitchen so mine is almost always clean. The same is not true of the bedroom, however.

P.S.  I hate my white counter tops, but I've never been able to pull the trigger and get new ones. They are so expensive it makes my stomach hurt when I think about it.

Now what was I doing? Oh yeah, trying to crocheting a little something. Hopefully I'll get it done and y'all can see it tomorrow. We had a break from the rain this morning, but it's supposed to start again any minute and hang around for several hours. Yipee!



13 comments:

  1. Little Ollie loves his Mama! The crocheting will wait. :-) Your soup looks delicious. I made homemade noodles with chicken yesterday and it was perfect for a crisp fall day. Your white counters are beautiful, but I know what you mean. I finally "pulled the trigger" last year and got Corian countertops in "Maui" and I L-O-V-E them!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Ollie is adorable....I don't think I'd be able to say to him either!

    Your kitchen is beautiful!

    Looking forward to seeing what your hooking!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, sweet Ollie, who could resist? Dinner looks scrummy!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ollie is pretty much the cutest dog ever, I think. Your soup looks so good. I've never tried making anything like that with tomato juice but that's a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny that Ollie does that. Buddy does it too, just when I'm really involved in something, all comfy in my chair, he wants to go for a WALK! You are so right about our blog friends posting to make us jump right over for a visit. Like I did when I saw yours. And you're right.. I perked up reading what you have to say and seeing your dog, yarn, soup and gorgeous kitchen. You're a gem, too and I'm so glad we're friends. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dogs do the same thing, sit and stare, or do this quiet-like bark and drive me crazy till I pay attention to them for the millionth time. They will do it about a half hour before their supper. Who says dogs can't tell time. Looks like ya got a crock pot stew going on. They always makes the house smell good. You have a nice spacious kitchen. I like a clean one too, sometimes I am up till all hours to get it cleaned up. Nothing worse than facing a mess the next morning. Can't wait to see what you got going on there with the crochet project. Looks interesting,
    (((Hugs))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeeze, your last couple of posts are making my mouth water. I'm glad it's getting colder so we can make more comfort food type meals.
    I miss my little dog! I'll just keep coming by here to get my cute puppy fix.
    Now what the heck are you crocheting? I can't figure it out.
    And send me some rain would ya? I'm drying up like a mummy over here.
    Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ollie is so adorable. I love your kitchen it is so bright and cheerful. I don't like a cluttered kitchen, or bedroom for that matter, I am a bit of a tidy freak.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ollie loves his mum :)) I love your Kitchen .. so much room to move ..

    The recipe looks yummy and easy to make :)) great for getting back to the crothet ..
    Have a great week .. Hugs :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI, my dog does the same thing only he is alot bigger...I have white counters also and would love to replace them, but the cost is crazy so I just have to live with them for now. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laughing at your dog -- I have a chocolate lab who decides 2 or 3 times a day that he simply MUST have my attention, particularly if I'm at the computer. He will shove his head under my hand, between the keyboard tray and my stomach, and push the tray in. Not too subtle, is he? The stew has me thinking it's time to start cooking again (now that the temperature has gone down below 70 or so. I absolutely LOVE your kitchen -- so big and roomy (and clean :D).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am having kitchen envy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your site today and am now your newest follower. Such a sweet and cozy post. Beautiful crochet! Your home must have smelled delicious all afternoon with that delicious soup simmering away. You have a very pretty kitchen.

    Little Ollie is so cute with his tiny little feet and sweet face. My little Fuzzy pom "reminds" me several times a day that he needs snuggle time. It sounds like some of the other commenters have snuggle pups, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥