Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Bow or Rose?

TAH-DAH!

Which do you like better...the bow or rose?

Yikes that red is really saturated in these pictures.




I definitely like the bow better.
Maybe I made the rose too small and it would look better bigger.

Pattern:  Ladies Rose Garden Mary Janes, purchased HERE
Yarn:  Deborah Norville Everyday in Flashback (stash yarn)
Hook Size G (one size bigger than pattern calls for)

I got a good laugh at myself while making these. I made both soles, and then completed the first one except the strap and rose. Then I completed the second one. After sewing in the last end (dumb), I noticed something was wrong. The second slipper was at least three sizes bigger than the first one! DOH! I know the soles were the same size, so I must have been adding a stitch every time I made a round on the second one. RIP, rip, rip! Bummer. That's what I get for not paying attention, something that happens to me quite often. It took me nearly all day yesterday and half the day today to finish the pair.

I plan to start a second pair this evening. It should go quicker now that I'm familiar with the pattern. I think I'll go with a solid color this time, but I do like the variegated and have a lot of it in my stash that needs using up. Hmm...I'll have to see how I feel when I start digging in the yarn.

❀❀❀❀❀❀

The crock pot beef and veggies turned out great.
The Captain had his over bread.
Besides the hamburger and veggies, I used tomato juice (about three soup cans full) and a can of cream of chicken soup for the gravy. I added salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

Bye.

20 comments:

  1. I think I like the bow better but the rose is cute too. Those are adorable slippers! Thanks for the details on the stew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so adorable! I love the bow too!! And yum, now I am hungry!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bow.. a bigger flower might work, but it all looks good! Are you going to model them for us? Dinner looks good too.. we're just baking a Costco pan of lasagna for dinner! Cheating! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! That crockpot dish looks soooooo good! (And I just ate!)
    Love the slippers too. I liked the rose best but they are both cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a hard chocie, becasue I like both...But if one needs to be chosen, I'd go with the rest and say the bow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slippers! Really cute slippers too. I was wondering what you were up to. I like them both : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. To to cute.. You are a clever lady :)) I like the rose, but larger... The bow has the thumbs up :))

    Now for your dinner... It looks devine and my mouth is watering.... I love food..:)) Have a great day :)) Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the bow better also. Good job on the slippers. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like them Pammy Sue, they are lovely, I like both bow and flower so if doing a few pairs I would do some of each but just to be different from everyone else I like the rose the best. You are not alone with your mistakes I do it all the time, I'm always ripping out and starting again it's a wonder I get anything finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Teresa, if the flower was bigger. But the bow looks better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:49 AM

    I like the bow! Love the color yarn you used! Those are my favorite colors. I might just have to buy some of that yarn to make myself something...perhaps a scarf for my walks in the upcoming winter evenings!
    Enjoy your day!
    Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like the bow better too :)
    and that food just made me hungry :O

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bow. Although, I'm with Teresa, if the rose was bigger I think it would look great too.
    Your crock-pot roast looks yummy-we had a crock-pot dinner last night too. It's that time of year again!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely voting for the bow, they are adorable by the way. I made knitted Mary Jane's and loved them, so cute and tiny.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bow really looks good, love the yarn too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are both cute, but I am partial to the bow! ;) blessings ~ tanna
    ps what time's dinner? I know you'll be cooking something good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am thinking I like the bow, but I think if the flower were bigger I would go that way. Love the pattern though...I don't have much luck making slippers..my pairs don't match..one foot always ends up different somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  18. The bow is lovely. I love crock pot meals!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW .. those colours are FANtastic !!!!! I like the bow the best. Sorry I've been a bit slack with communication but my isp is having major problems and I'm having to try to work my way around them. Hope everything's back to normal soon. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥