Monday, September 23, 2013

WIPs


My Noro scarf is coming along. It seems like the twisting of the yarn is not as bad now, or maybe I'm just getting used to it now. Anyway, I will finish this one. I had this skein I needed to use and this pattern takes only one skein. I love the pattern. It looks great when finished and it's all wound up fancily around your neck.  

I started this doily a few days ago and got stuck and couldn't figure out the next round. There's only a graph, and it's a Japanese pattern on top of that. I thought for sure I could figure it out, but I failed miserably and gave up. I really want to make this doily so if anybody knows what the how to do the next rounds, I'd appreciate the help. But I know it takes forever to write it out, so I won't be counting on a reply about it. I did ask a couple of people on Ravelry who made it, but I've gotten no response. Most people who took the time to add comments on their Ravelry page said they had trouble, but nobody took the time to say what they ended up doing. Thankyouverymuchbitches. The one lady who did translate it in her comments on Ravelry did so in German. I tried to plug her translation into Google Translate, but the translation didn't make any sense to me either. You know how some languages don't translate crochet terminology well at all. Here's the free pattern link on Ravelry:  Angel's Garden Doily

I thought this doily would be really pretty with the angels in white and the rest of the doily in purples or blues. That was my plan. Everyone else that made it on Ravelry did it in a solid color. Blah, blah, blah. Could I ramble on anymore about this stupid doily?

Edited to add:  After all that, I think I found a forum post that tells how to do it. I'll see if it works and let you know.

****************************

There's been some serious discussions going on around here about retirement and a possible move. Very exciting stuff! And life-changing! And scary! But mostly exciting! Sorry to be a tease, but I don't want to blab it all to the world until plans are more solid. It's nothing that's going to happen quickly anyway. We're just in the talking and researching stage at this point, but it's more serious and gone farther than it ever has before. I'm pretty sure it's a GO, but now it's just a question of when. We're outta here, people!

Okay, back to reality. I have to go work to pay for my dreams. Bye-bye.

Pammy Sue

13 comments:

  1. Boy, change is in the air....

    Did I miss that Noro pattern? I'm going to have to back-track and see! I am so enjoying the Sekku I'm doing the Echo Beach in. I'm going to have a bit of time to get back to work on that one this week. =) Looking forward to hearing more about the winds of change. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you get the help you need to finish this doily as I love the angels in it!

    I am SO excited for you about the retirement and moving.. but will you stay in Texas or move somewhere different? I look forward to hearing your plans. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a love/hate relationship with Noro yarn. Love the colors, but it doesn't play nice most of the time. Your scarf is looking great- love the pattern. Good luck with the doily, you could stop right there and it still looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. E-mail me if you haven't any help. I think I might have it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on a roll!!!
    I can't stand it...text me, call me, something!!!!! I must know!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen that pattern and as I've said before, me and graphs don't work out very well together. But...I LOVEangel things and this doily is so beautiful. I hope you find the help you need.
    Retirement plans are exciting too. I wish my Hubby could retire soon but he thinks it will be at least another 10 years or so. Blah! How nice you can begin making plans.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pammy your doily looks like it has a round of angels holding hands around the edge! I kinda like it that way, but I know you want to finish it...I hope someone can help you figure it out

    ReplyDelete
  8. That scarf is going to be gorgeous! And the doily...love your idea of white angels with the colors. Can't wait to see what you end up doing. And...retirement? There's a fun idea. Tell more, when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Retirement - how exciting. Are you coming to Australia? I bought some Noro Kureyon awhile back and absolutely hated the way it twisted. I frogged it about a zillion times as I couldn't find a pattern I thought looked right for it. Your doily is very pretty - the way you fly, I imagine its probably finished by now. Look forward to seeing the ta-dah pic. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to think about retirement and all the options out there for moving. Can't wait to hear all about it.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooooo! Can't you let your big sister in on the plans? Sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Retirement, you will love it! In fact, you will be so busy after you retire that you will wonder when you had time to even go to work. Where will you move to? Closer to family, or in the opposite direction, lol. I have a cousin who lives in Texas is an RN cardiac cath nurse. She lives in Satin, which is close to Waco. Then I also have a brother who lives in Texarkana. Both seem to love living in Texas....but then there are a million other wonderful possibilities where one can call home.
    Keep us posted.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting! Move can be hard and very very tiring( like mine right now) bit there isn't anything more exciting! I'm so happy and excited for you. Planning is a great part of it.
    Retiring is also an awesome though.
    I love the Noro scarf. I have some Noro and was thinking abut making one like that would you mind sharing the pattern ?
    Have a great rest of the weekend Pammy Sue 💜

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥