Saturday, September 28, 2013

I Don't Know

We're getting some rain today again...

My basil is still growing away.
Can I cut some off the top and use it?
Will it continue growing if I do that?

Poor Fletch has had allergies the past few days. His eyes are all squinty and runny. Eli is checking him out. We've been giving Fletch a half of a Benadryl each day, which he gets anyway because of his grass allergies and the rash he gets from that on his tummy. It doesn't really seem to do anything.

We haven't seen these little guys in a while!
They make me smile.

Some Bling

****************************

I obviously have nothing to blog about. I haven't been crocheting at all since my last post, except I did do a few rounds on that Angel Garden Doily the day I found an explanation for that one round on the graph. I just haven't been in the mood, plus I've had more work than usual so I've been busy with that. It kind of zaps my want to crochet or do anything except stare at the wall.

Oh, and today I made some of Teresa's Husband's Sweet & Sour Meatballs. Oh YUM!


It's a lazy Saturday here. I haven't gotten out of my chair except to make these, and I don't see much changing today.

Hope you're cozy and safe too!
~ Love ~

9 comments:

  1. I like it when you blog about this and that. I swear I don't have a thing to say on my blog lately. Today I watched one of my little patients while his medical foster parents went to a funeral. We had a lot of fun, well more than his parents did anyway.

    I love you lazy Saturday.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! It's raining cats and dogs here in Portland today. It's nice and cozy here in the house but it's Miss Piper's 1st birthday party this afternoon and I wonder how many will venture out.
    The meatballs look yummy. Hubby loves meatballs so I think I'll need to try these when I get home.
    Enjoy your coziness. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also enjoy the this and that posts. That's what I just did too. I'm so pleased to see that you made our meatballs! I do hope you liked them enough to make them again. Hubby is in the kitchen cooking again, it smells yummy! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of those meatballs. I'm going to give them a go.
    A couple of questions....Did you use all the liquid from the tinned pineapple and how big were the tins?

    ReplyDelete
  5. By now your Saturday will be over so I hope you had a nice relaxing ' nothing' kind of day. Dayle would be proud of you for doing a great job with his recipe ... it looks delish. I do hope poor Fletch's eyes get better soon- it must be so hard for them to understand what's happening to them when they're unwell. Pam, I know what you mean about not crocheting for awhile - I get like that sometimes and end up just fiddling around with little things which is what I've been doing the past few days. Flowers, little hearts, baby mittens etc. I looked at my half completed Pretty in Pink doily yesterday and thought that I should get back to it (its so pretty) but just put it down again and walked away. Its 1pm Sunday here at the moment and I'm still in my pj's - might not bother getting dressed at all today. Enjoy your Sunday. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS ... I meant to say that your basil looks so healthy - bet it tastes good too. If you cut some from the top it might spread out more at the bottom. From what I recall with the basil we grew in our kitchen awhile back, it was so strong and healthy that it overtook the plants next to it and we ended up with so much basil we couldn't keep up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helsie, they are 8-oz cans of crushed pineapple and I didn't drain them. This is so good. You will love it. We did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Fletch! You are cooking up a storm lately.
    Yes, cut the basil and USE it!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ran into my beautician yesterday afternoon at the grocery and she was on her way home to crush Benadryl tablets for her horse. She said it would be a lot of pills. Evidently he too has some sort of allergies. With many things our pets can suffer as we do. Hope your little guy is doing better, poor dear. Now you made me hungry, I saw Teresa's recipe the other day on her blog and have to admit it looked scrumptious. You only confirmed it. I go through periods too of not picking up the crochet hook. Sometimes we just need to rest our minds. Sometimes it is just a case of stressing out about something and we need to solve that issue before we can move back to the fun things we enjoy. Hope you and your pet are doing okay. Have a good week.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥