Sunday, September 15, 2013

Rain Delay Doily


I dug out another doily pattern and some yellow yarn this morning in anticipation of crocheting during the race and getting the sour taste out of my mouth from the big screw-up on the previous one. Due to an extended rain delay in the race, I may completely finish this doily in one day. The race is supposed to continue at 9 pm Central and it's not even at the half-way point yet. Even though I didn't intend on crocheting all day and evening, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. The Captain even made supper tonight (Steak & Eggs) so I wouldn't have to. 

I'm anxious to see how this one looks all blocked out. When I do get it finished and blocked, you'll be the first to know. I must get some work done tomorrow so I may not post it until Tuesday.

I wish all that rain in Colorado would move down here. I know they could use some relief there, and we need it badly here. We are getting relief from the triple-digit temps at least. Low 90s here the last couple of days. Yipee.

See ya.

11 comments:

  1. Talking of weather ...........
    Whether the weather is cold
    Whether the weather is hot
    We'll weather the weather
    Whatever the weather
    Whether we like itor not !!

    PS .. Nice doily
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure got the doily bug, lol. It looks almost like a lime green instead of yellow, but I know how hard it is to get true color at times. Nascar, we use to watch that all the time, no more. It has become Law & Order reruns for me and LMN most evenings if I can stay awake. I even like that Mountain Man show.....go figure.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that lime sherbet color! I need a box of matches like that.. wanted to light a candle last evening and couldn't find a light! D'oh! Looking forward to seeing that one all done and pretty. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new doily Pammy Sue! It looks green in the photo! Love it!
    I also love your readers! I have some just like them!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know!! If the rain would spread itself out, we would all be better off! Georgia earlier this year. Now, Colorado. And, we have grass fires going wild. =/

    Look forward to seeing this one blocked! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new doily the yarn is a great color. I sat on my behind all weekend crocheting and watching football, it was a lot of fun.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pammy, I sat and crocheted all day yesterday after my daughter and her family left. I have done 32 rows and there are only 38 more to go..and they are getting bigger..so I figure in about 3-4 days I might have it done. But I am thinking of putting it down and making a runner or two. I am not sure what color that yellow is..the color on my monitor looks like lime..looking forward to seeing the finished product. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful color and I'm looking forward to seeing it all blocked. Aren't days like at fun. Nothing to do by put crochet, or knit. Our weather changed drastically last night. Hot yesterday, then a big storm rolled through and only 60 today. Strange.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful color and I'm looking forward to seeing it all blocked. Aren't days like at fun. Nothing to do by put crochet, or knit. Our weather changed drastically last night. Hot yesterday, then a big storm rolled through and only 60 today. Strange.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that's going to be such a pretty doily! I love yellow. Sending some rainy day wishes your way from the Colorado Rockies. WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!SERIOUSLY!
    penny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this one is so pretty. I love it when you show us the doilies you are making!

    Blessings always sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥