Monday, September 09, 2013

Mint Green Pineapple Doily

I could not get a good picture of this doily. I tried last night under lights and this morning with natural light, but I couldn't get any cooperation. The pictures with the white background show the color best.






Pattern:  From Leisure Arts Little Books, Pineapple Doilies, Pineapple Fanfare
Yarn:  Aunt Lydia's #10, Mint Green
Hook: Size 1.75 mm
Measurement:  14"


****************************

Again, not a great picture, but this recipe was SO GOOD!
We had it over rice, but you can have it over noodles if you prefer.
It's a keeper for sure.

Recipe HERE

Notes:  I didn't think it had enough "gravy." Next time I'll add some chicken broth and the whole brick (8oz) of cream cheese (I used 1/3 fat cream cheese). I used a whole pkg (pint?) of fresh, sliced mushrooms.

I also made Teresa's Zucchini Bread. It is very good and even better after it sits overnight.

**************************

Pammy Sue

13 comments:

  1. Hi Pammy Sue.... Beautiful doily you made. I can see the color well. Hope you are doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh that looks amazing. I am so gunna try that bread. I love your doily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful doily in a beautiful white (haha I know it is green).

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You simply amaze me with your fast crochet doilies! I dearly need to make a big one for my baby grand (which is naked right now). I hope you enjoy the zucchini bread.. funny story on my blog today about Dayle's "zucchini". ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty doily and the mint color shows up well. I haven't done too much baking yet as we are having a warm end of summer. Hope your Monday is off to a great start. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very pretty. Mint green is a tough color to photograph but you did a great job.
    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having problems photographing my stuff too. I miss my slr camera that my daughter hauled off to college. I pinned the recipe you shared. I'll know I'll be trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful doily! Glad you enjoyed the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate when the lighting doesn't cooperate! And, it doesn't more than it does! Beautiful doily, Pammy Sue, and dinner looks delicious, too! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the doily! Mint green is a really pretty color, I think I might have a ball in my stash, which now makes me want to use it to make this pretty doily (I think I even have this doily book, too)!

    Yum on all the good food....

    So glad you are back to making doilies again!

    Hugs and blessings always sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, amazing doily, it loos fantastic. Well done Pammy Sue,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. That doily is really cute. I just love and enjoy the red one you made for me. It's on my coffee table and I hate to set anything on top of it because it is so pretty to just look at.
    I copy and pasted that recipe. Yum! As soon as I saw that it had cream cheese, I was a gonner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pineapple doilies are always such fun. I use to steer clear of them until I realized that they are not all that difficult. Yours turned out so nice. They are addictive aren't they! I always liked making them because they are such a portable project.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥