Thursday, September 12, 2013

I Learned Something


I've been working on a new doily that incorporates the Lover's Knot (or Solomon's Knot) crochet stitch. I've shied away from patterns that included this stitch because I just thought it was too much effort to learn a new stitch. What a dummy and scaredy-cat! The pattern included a couple of pictures and explained the stitch, but I learned it on YouTube HERE. It's just a short, 2-minute video that explains it well. I only had to see it once and I had it down. It did take some practice to get the stitches the same size.

This is a beautiful doily. I can't wait for y'all to see it. I saw it somewhere online and searched for the book with the pattern and got lucky. I found it at a great little Website called Treasured Heirlooms Crochet. I've purchased at least three different times from this site and been extremely pleased each time. You get very fast shipping (Priority Mail) and Michelle Crean, the owner, is as nice and responsive as she could possibly be. I've found vintage pattern books there I couldn't find anywhere else. Bookmark her and check it out when you have time or are looking for a pattern book.  (No, I'm not receiving any compensation for giving her a link...she just deserves it!)

Anywho, I'm all proud of myself for learning the Lover's Knot and now I can't wait to make a shawl using it too. Stay tuned.

I"m a huge dork for having this NASCAR cookbook.
Hee-hee! Whatever.

I'm about to make two pans of Baked Ziti using a recipe in here. Pictures and recipe to come. I think I may have posted it here before because I've made it many times.

************************

Gotta go. Bye.

13 comments:

  1. Doily is so pretty..love the colors. Your so lucky your have so much hooky time! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you! Cooking, baking, doily making!!! So busy! Good stuff! I have lots of catching up to do!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pammy Sue, The picture of the doily looks very pretty. I have not seen that stitch before so I'm eagerly anticipating seeing your finished doily.
    To answr your question on my blog. Yes, the mittens are knitted. I've found a few crocheted patterns but none of them look right to me. :-)
    Have a wonderful evening and thanks for visiting me.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is great Pammy Sue ! Learning something new is just so motivating and when the result is something so beautiful it's so rewarding. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really admire you for mastering the Solomon's Knot stitch. It looks way too fiddly for me. Look forward to seeing your doily. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy learning new things so much. I keep hoping it will stave off senility. ;) LOL! Hoping!

    The doily is going to be beautiful, Pammy Sue. Kudos to you for tackling something you had avoided, too! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the look of your new doily and the colors you're using. I just learned moss stitch last week, and now I want to make everything out of moss stitch.
    Mmmmm, baked ziti. I bet it's delish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pammy..I recognize that doily..it will be very pretty when you get it finished. It surprised me when you said you stayed away from patterns with this stitch..here I thought you were fearless. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am so excited to see the doily. I need to learn that stitch, too. Thanks so much for the link!

    Wishing you a lovely day filled with many blessings sweet friend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good so far. It looks like there is a bit of a sheen to the cotton balls...looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on mastering a new stitch! That's one I'm still too intimidated to try.
    We love Nascar so we would have a cookbook like that too if we could find one.
    Have a nice weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors of that thread, it looks almost metallic, it is gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you on learning that new stitch. I have always thought it was too hard too. It would make a lovely shawl, I agree. I don't think you are one bit a dork for that cookbook, I have the Aunt Bea Mayberry Cookbook, lol. I love books of just about all kinds. Next to my knitting, crocheting and craft books, I love cookbooks the best too. I am sure the cookbook you have there is plum full of man-pleasing dishes, and I am sure many a dish that a woman could love too. Have a great weekend.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥