Friday, August 09, 2013

Sex & Food

Good Lord, I'm going to draw all kinds of perverts to this post with that title!
Go away, PERVS!
I'm just a girl who crochets.
Nothing to see here!


I heard about this book on TV (there are supposed to be three in a series that are out) so I bought it yesterday at Target. If you're horrified about reading nasty sexy stuff, I mean really nasty sexy, don't read it! Not really my cup of tea, but we'll see. They talked about it like it was the best thing EVER. And just FYI...I did not read Fifty Shades of Nasty Gray just because I wasn't interested and I'm still not. So I hope there's more to this book and the salacious stuff is just on the fringes. I'll let you know.


Taco Pasta Salad

This stuff is GOOD, y'all! Thanks to my Aunt Judy for posting the recipe on Facebook. I made it early yesterday and we had it for dinner last night. Two thumbs up! And it makes a bunch. Yea for leftovers! I thought that cold hamburger would be kinda weird, but it wasn't.

Here's the recipe so you can copy, paste, and print from here, or just get your crayolas out and write it down if you're not so tech-savvy.

Taco Pasta Salad

1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
1 pound ground beef
3/4 cup water
1 envelope taco seasoning
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
1 bottle (16 ounces) Catalina salad dressing

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes.
Rinse pasta in cold water and drain; place in a large bowl. Add beef mixture, cheese, green pepper, onion, tomato and olives; mix well. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Reading, not sure I would give it a go as I did read Fifty Shades, and it was a tad shocking, not my cup of tea at all. I am back to reading Rosamunde Pilcher and stuff like that. Hope you are feeling better.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't read that Fifty Shades of Nasty either...

    That salad looks yummy, will have to try it.

    Hope you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the Taco Salad sounds and looks yummy!

    I don't read books like. I think I'd blush all over if I did!

    Hope you are feeling much better today and looking forward to seeing more of your lovely doilies.

    Hugs and blessings always

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I'll be waiting to hear the review. ;) The Taco Pasta looks soooo good! Thank you for sharing. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I had my bookstore, I read a bazillion bodice-ripper historical romances, so 50 shades didn't even surprise me. I read the first one and that was it. Maybe the series you picked out will be better.
    Taco pasta salad looks yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:55 PM

    taco salad with Catalina!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that taco pasta looks delish! I will look for the book, but first you read it and tell me if you liked it. I did read 50 shades. I thought it was good. The sex got boring, but I thought the story was good.
    Hope you are okay. Miss ya.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let us know the review of the book, I never read the 50 shades, all too exhausting I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter is "eat up" with the Fifty Shades of Gray books and others by this author. I read them but didn't find them something that I would continue to read. I like Jodi Picoult and Debbie Macomber. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Probably not the book for me, but your Taco Pasta Salad sounds great! Have a nice weekend. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard anything about that book. One of my customers loaned me her copy of Fifty Shades... and I read it but I got really bored with all the sex and the "type" of sex in the book. I was interested in the 2 main characters though, so I skimmed through some of the book. My customer has the other 2 books in the series but I decided I wasn't interested enough to read them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥