Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I Don't Know What


Mocha Nut Balls 

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
Confectioners' sugar

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and coffee granules; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until firm. Cool in pans for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.

These mocha nut balls are so delicious! Not very sweet and VERY coffee flavored. They melt in your mouth. My friend, Alicia, gave me this recipe. Thanks Alicia, doll!

I hope you are all proud of me for not making my usual ball joke just because I said balls. Balls, balls, balls! I can't help it! It's so dumb but makes me laugh.

*************************************************



Invasion of the ants!
Not really...those are caraway seeds.

It still looks like ants or fleas or something nasty.

SIGH.

It took me all freakin' day to make these rolls! I mean ALL DAY. They are huge and I got 28 rolls the size of hamburgers. They would have to be really, really, really, damn good for me to ever make them again, and they weren't. They're not bad, but they're not worth all the time and trouble. I was so over them by the time I finished, I didn't even eat one! I made some with dried onion flakes on top too. Those look more appetizing than these flea balls in the picture.

The whole point of these is that the recipe makes a bunch and you freeze them and pull out what you need for a quick meal in the days and weeks ahead. That will be nice, but still not nice enough to spend all day in the kitchen again.

Hmpf!
I was so disappointed.

The brats and onions were good though.
The sauerkraut was a waste of time. It had absolutely no flavor after it cooked.

**********************************

I've got nothing else except work coming out my ears last week and this one. That's what I've spent my time on...not anything fun like crochet.  (I could not get this paragraph to left justify no matter what I did! Stupid Blogger! Just this one stupid paragraph! Hate.)

And while I'm hatin'...

Note to Mother Nature:  Ugh. Could you please STOP?! We're ready for fall weather now. Like NOW. How about NOW? Or NOW?

Nonsensical rambling ahead...

I love Cheez Its. They are so good! Especially with a Coke or a Dr. Pepper with real sugar in it. Mmm. I have the Cheez Its but not the REAL Coke or Dr. Pepper. Crap! Why does everybody have to be so healthy and live so long? Why am I so grouchy right now? Why do I stub my big toe and break the nail ALL THE TIME? I swear it's a curse! I've only been walking 50 years!

I'm smelling a Toasted Marshmallow candle by Glade right now. It's on my desk and makes the whole room smell good when you light it.

I wonder if I could "borrow" a Coke from a neighbor? Nah. That would be weird since I rarely talk to them or even see them. Dang.

Do y'all want to see my messy desk drawer? You know you do...


Look how messy I am. Do you think I have enough pens? Or egg-shaped lip balm? How much can one person use? They are all over the house.

I'm going to go dig through the garage refrigerator and see if I can find a Coke hiding in there from a long-ago poker party or something.  See ya later.

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha, how many nut balls did you eat? Good grief, I'd send you a Coke in the mail, but it would probably explode on the way there. Sounds like you need some crochet time.
    Brats and onions...yum.
    By the way, I used the Betty Crocker banana bread recipe (it's about 100 years old)and just added chocolate chips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. from the time I can remember, we called caraway seed "mouse turds." That's what my grandpa called them and Mom passed it on to us . . with the reasoning that we never use that term in public. . . LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh everything looks yummy. Im glad your back to baking again. I made your coffee cake not too long ago. You really do have some good recipies on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll work from the bottom up - your drawer looks pretty good to me, you can close it. My overflow is in boxes and tubs and baskets and it would take a year to go through it all. Go to the store and get yourself a coke. :-) Those rolls look yummy and I can't believe you didn't eat one!

    NOW.. those cookies.. I want one NOW. I love mocha anything especially if you roll it in powdered sugar.

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks awesome. But those buns being so much work, they better be good! Darn!
    I will talk to you soon Pammy Sue!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like spending alot of time in my kitchen either..seems like you can spend more time preparing the meal than it actually takes to eat it..Kinda peeves me. I hope you found a coke by now..Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, everything looked so yummy! :)

    Balls, balls, balls, balls..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't ya just hate it when you spend all day on something and then when it comes time to eat it you find it "isn't all that great" and what a waste of money, time and effort! The word "balls" is in constant use around my grandson. It was one of the first words he learned to say. He saw my balls of yarn and it was balls, balls and more balls, lol. I love Coke, only I drink diet, and right now it is Cherry Zero Coke. I would send you one but my luck it would arrive just like the spaghetti sauce did. Ya should have complained to the post office about that, after all, the box had GLASS and FRAGILE plastered all over it. Your desk drawer looks pretty straightened up to me. Mine is a total disaster. Sometimes I don't quite understand how they get like that, lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥