Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Calling All U.S. Yarnies


**Update** Dawn has offered to send me some.  Thank you ALL for your offers!!  You can disregard the below request.

I'm in the middle of a project using ILTY from Hobby Lobby in Antique White and I am one skein short. I went to my Hobby Lobby today and they didn't have any and won't be restocking it anytime soon. Does anybody out there have a spare skein they'd be willing to send me Priority Mail? I need an entire skein. I'll pay your costs and send you a little fun package in return. What do you say? Leave me a comment with your email if you are able to do this for me and I'll email you back with my address. I won't publish your email address in the comments.

I'll update at the top of this blog post when I have a volunteer.  FYI...I tried Red Heart SS in Soft White, but the color was off. It wouldn't work.


I roasted corn on the cob in the oven last night for supper, and it was SO FREAKIN' GOOD! You don't have to pre-soak it or wash it or take the husks off before roasting. Just preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, lay your ears of corn out on a cookie sheet (I also used parchment paper underneath, but you don't have to do that), pop them in the oven for 30 minutes, and that's it! Cut the "hairy" ends off with scissors and peel down the husks. Leave it attached at the bottom to hold onto your corn with if you want, or just throw the husks and silk in the garbage. Or you can leave them in the husks for up to 30 minutes and they'll still be good and hot when you're ready to eat.  It was really easy and super-duper good! That's all we had for supper. 


For lunch yesterday, we had something a little different. It's a cold tuna salad that you eat by dipping french bread slices into it. YUM. It was cold and refreshing and good. I made mine the day before so it had time to get really cold. You can find the recipe on Amanda's blog HERE. I'll give you the recipe here too so you can see how I made mine. She's overseas so the ingredients are a little different (or at least they come in different packages.)

Cold Mediterranean Tuna Salad w/French Bread
From Amanda at: www.craftyinthemed.blogspot.com

2-12oz cans tuna, drained (I used the kind in water)
1/2 white or yellow onion, chopped
4 boiled eggs, chopped
Olives, green or black, sliced
Balsamic Vinegar (I used 2-3 Tbsp)
Olive Oil (I used about 2 Tbsps)
Black Pepper
Salt, optional (I did not use)
Water, optional (I did not use)

French bread for dipping and sopping up the juice.

Mix tuna, onion, eggs, and olives together, add olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and water if using.  Chill well before serving.  Serve with French bread slices.


Ollie-Wally says hello.

I say goodbye for now.
Let me know about that yarn!

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry I can't help you

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish I could help on the yarn, I have never tried Hobby Lobby yarn, wish you luck in your search. By the way Ollie-Wally is adorable.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous photo of my favourite little man Ollie !! He's such a star. Wish I could help with the yarn but sadly we don't get much US yarn over here. BTW I'm off hook shopping this coming weekend !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can check my hobby lobby tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be going there tomorrow, if I see it there I will pick a skein up OK

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like they have it in stock to order on line at hobbylobby.com Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like it is in stock at hobbylobby.com Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you found somebody. Send you the yarn...I still have a sweater I started over 5 years ago. I run out of yarn and never found a match..it's not a good feeling :(. So happy you will be able to finish yours :)
    I'm going to try the corn on the cub recipe this weekend :) thanks my dear Pammy Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck Pammy Sue hope you find your yarn. I love sweet corn too but I've never cooked it like that will give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Ollie-Wally...u take a good photo. LOL!

    Many thanks for the mention Pammy Sue...hope you enjoyed the salad.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you just love how the blog world comes through!! Glad you found some more yarn!

    thank you for the corn roasting tip. we do love some good corn in this house! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel like a very bad friend! I have not seen your last couple of posts! I have been off my usual routine. Greg is home this week, and we have been busy. I hope you get the yarn you need and can finish your project! The corn sounded so good! And so did the salad!! Yum.
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, look at that face! (Ollie-Wally's). I just want to kiss his face. I want a chihuahua and I hear there are so many in the pounds now ;( Oh, Honey........(calling husband)

    And that corn sounds fabu....and the tuna salad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥