Tuesday, June 04, 2013

An Unexpected Day Off

No work in the old inbox yesterday so the Captain and I did some errand-running and general messing around town.


Starbucks is almost always a stop on days like this.
Here's a rare look at The Captain enjoying his coffee and people-watching.

Fletch eye-balling my flowers.
Don't even think about it!



I got some flowers, some ivy, and some caladiums at Lowe's and potted most of them yesterday evening. The caladiums still need to go in the ground today. The ivy was planted underneath some latticework on the porch. No picture of that. The above picture is some Lantana. I also got Marigolds and Mexican Heather. Can't wait to see how they all do. I'll be thrilled when they start to grow and bloom and flow over the pots. We'll see if I can manage it with close attention this year.

I started another Oveja Shawl. Black this time.

Here's a peek at something to come that I also started last night.
I've always wanted to try it.

I also found the perfect material for lining my bag. Actually, the Captain spotted it and pointed it out to me. You won't find him in the material aisles at JoAnn very often, but he was there with me yesterday.

Then he pointed out a wall of purse straps to me...SCORE! I found some leather straps for my bag on clearance for $2.97. No crocheted straps needed now. Yea!

We had a nice lunch at a new place (to us). The food couldn't have been better, and we sat and played a trivia game on some iPad-looking thingies they gave us when we first sat down.

Such a nice day.

See ya!

11 comments:

  1. Oh unexpected days off are always the best! I am glad you got to enjoy your day.

    Looking forward to seeing your new projects.

    Blessings always

    ReplyDelete
  2. People watching is a great past time when taking a break from shopping. :))
    and your Starbucks looks so cool..

    I love lantana , reminds me of my childhood..(sigh).
    Have you ever tried bead crochet for a purse.??
    Hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day! I like your blue rack that your flower pots are sitting on.
    A black shawl is something I need to add to my closet, yours is turning out real purty. Can't wait to see your bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had great fun on your unexpected day off. I'm looking forward to seeing your finshed objects.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh another Oveja - love that pattern and will look forward to seeing it done in black. Ssshh (between you and me) ... the captain is a bit cute eh? Nice to be able to put a face to the oft heard name. Pammy, is Fletch a French Bulldog or a Boston? It not nice being dog-less but I can't decide what type of dog I want to get. My DD is pushing for a Frenchie but they're $3,500 here for a pup. As you know Ollie has won my heart so maybe a Chi can fill the huge gap in our family. Not sure what the cat will think about another dog though. Have a good day. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never been to a Starbucks, I think there is one in a bigger city near me.
    Love your crochet projects! The purse thing intrigues me. I saw One sewn From your blog list. Going to half to look at michaels for them next time.
    Love your flower display, especially the blue stand.
    Can't wait to see some of your finished projects!
    Nice picture of your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg wow! You are so talented! i envy people who can knit and crochet!! :D lovely flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. not envy but more admire. :D hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I miss this post? Hiya Cap! My husband would NOT come into Joann's with me. Way to go Cap!
    So...you are making a purse with the snap jaw thingie?
    Flowers are so pretty!!! Good job!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:22 PM

    I had to laugh whan I saw your purse frame. That's the very thing I've been wanting to try, but I'm having a heck of a time finding the frames online. Where did you get yours? And please share the pattern you used when you're ready to "reveal", okay? There's a lot of nice patterns with yarn, but I'd like to try one with thread. Your blog is an inspiration to me. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a very pretty space around !:) I too got the similar frame last week and just waiting for the right pattern to start.
    Saw your link at Meredith's blog. Would be glad if you visit mine too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥