Friday, May 17, 2013

Those Colors Were Ugly!

Ollie-Wallie Baby

Now what was I going to say? Oh, yeah...

So I was sitting here this morning crocheting another square for the pile and watching Will & Grace re-runs, and it happened. An idea blossomed from my mind out of nowhere. Unfortunately it means starting all over with the squares, but I don't care. The more I looked at them, the uglier they became. I hate all those colors together! Yuck! Why didn't you tell me?

Something incredibly beautiful has taken their place. I don't even have to see it all put together with the edging and the border to know that this is going to be exactly what I want. I can see every detail in my mind. Isn't it weird how that happens? It doesn't happen very often with me. I'm usually the one that just copies other people's fabulous ideas, but this one was born in MY brain. Yay!

Scratch that last post from your minds. I'm starting over and it doesn't even hurt. The Captain is working today through Sunday and I've got nothing to do but feverishly work on bringing this little seed from my mind to life.

I've gotta go. I have piles and piles of squares to make!

Keep your nose away from here!
Stop sniffing around!
No Peeking!


Love ya'll.
Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear, you started again!!! I think I would have done the same if the colors were just not working out.
    Please post the colors you are using.
    Is sport weight yarn close to dk yarn
    Little Ollie looks so adorable!!!!!
    Oh and could you name the squares you are using?
    Happy crocheting!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when that happens. You have a seed of an idea and now the time to get it worked on. Hooray. Can I come over and work on stuff with you?
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I thought they were ok but its no good if your not happy with them and it doesn't bother me to start again if I'm not happy with what I've done either. Can't wait to see what you have come up with! have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would have been beautiful because YOU made it, but I'm happy you have a new vision that makes your heart sing! And, more importantly, the time to bring it to fruition! I can't wait to see it.

    Blessings,

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a tease !!! Are you saying we have to wait till whatever it is you're doing is all finished before we get to see your brilliant idea? BTW Ollie is looking SO very handsome and I love the new look of your blog. Very pretty. Have a happy weekend - and a very productive one so we can get a glimpse of those squares. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheesh! I really need to keep up with your blog better than this. I had to scroll back a bunch before things started to look familiar. You've done a bunch of stuff!
    First of all....love the new photo of the amazing blue/purple flowers. Yum! I can taste that color and I didn't even know that until I saw your photo!
    Those cakes you made for Mother's Day looked sooooooo good. One time when I went to Reed, Granny made one of those banana cakes just for me. I shared of course. Even though I have that recipe, I've only made it ...maybe twice. That's just a sin isn't it?
    You've got a lot of squares going. Can't wait to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I hate when that happens...all the work and you just know in your heart of hearts that it's not right. I've been struggling with that same thing with those wonderful yo yo like squares I was making. Each alone is gorgeous...but when paired with the other squares? Yuck! So I've decided each square will stand alone and become a pillow! It took a week of those squares sitting on my dining room table...sticking their tongues out at me each time I walked by...but it finally hit me...pillows! Now I have to get busy and create five different backs. Meanwhile, I'm nearly done with the Cherry Heart wrap. Would be completely done if I hadn't gotten to the last row or so last night and discovered a mistake about four hours of work back! Rrrrrrrripppppppppp! And today I've been fiendishly working on a new endeavor I've created in my wee brain! My hubby is fishing this weekend so I have selfish time too! Yaaaay! Yarn on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, they looked ok to me! I must say I liked the original blanket on that blog, the colours were lovely. Oh well we'll just have to wait and see what you come up with now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥