Thursday, May 23, 2013

Making a Baby Sweater



Taking a wee break from the pink blanket...

I saw this little sweater on Emma's Blog and knew I had to make it. She was nice enough to provide the pattern name and info and I found it and purchased it the very next day. Since she had said the pattern came out smaller when she made it, I decided to use some worsted weight yarn and an F hook on mine. You can see I chose RED yarn. Right now it looks like it would fit a 1 year old, and that's the size on the instructions I'm following. I just finished one side of the chest and am about to start the other side.

Wish I had a baby girl to model it for me, but the table with have to do. I'm having a ball making it and can't wait to see it finished. It's a fun pattern with all the different stitches.  So far it's well-written too, although it is in British Crochet terms.

You can purchase the pattern HERE.

Thank you, Emma!
I love finding new bloggy friends that love to crochet too!

10 comments:

  1. I have a real live model!! You can borrow her. I would love to see her in one of your creations!

    Teener

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pammy Sue,
    I love the stitches in the sweater. Your table is doing a fine job modeling it! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stitch pattern on this! It's going to be very cute. I have yet to crochet any kind of garment besides a shawl or hat. For now I'm just going to watch you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, thinking you like the color red. :)
    It will look really nice I'm sure.
    I don't have a model either.
    One of these days I will get brave and attempt a baby sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, when I saw that red and that pattern I was wowed! I'll go check out the pattern.. can't wait to see it done. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that RED is a gorgeous, rich shade. Look forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all these colours that are out now for babies clothing and your red is perfect :))

    Thanks for stopping by today :))
    hugs pat ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. C.U.T.E!! And, I'm loving all those squares you are making... Those cakes are the blame for all the drool over my keyboard! Mercy, me! they ALL look delicious... even the one that didn't knock your socks off! ;) Hope you have a great weekend, Pammy Sue. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's going to be lovely, can't wait to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are more than welcome....hope it's going okay...x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥