Friday, May 24, 2013

I'm Stumped AND Having Fun


I'm at an impasse with this sweater pattern. I don't get it. I've ripped it back at least four times today trying to work it out. I had to walk away from it for a while. I'm hoping the crochet fairies will come by in my sleep tonight and shed some light. They do that sometimes. Somehow I created an extra row at the bottom that is not even in the pattern. How did that happen, and how did I not notice it when I did it? Beats me, but it makes me laugh because it's so weird. I've ripped all the top part out again. The bottom part is staying. So there.

In the meantime...



I dug out two skeins of Noro that have been in my stash for years. It kept tangling and knotting up on me when I started crocheting with it today, so I decided I needed to roll them into nice, neat, little yarn cakes. It's been a while since I've had my winder out. It's made things a lot easier now that I have it neatly wound.


I was inspired by THIS and decided to dig the Noro out of my stash and play along. I'm looking forward to doing the dangly embellishments part. I even ordered some goodies from Nicollie's Etsy shop to go on it. I'm much more excited about it than I should be, but it's FUN!

AND...it's a long holiday weekend! YAY!
Make yours fun too!

12 comments:

  1. I have been dreaming with starting one myself since I read her post. Once I can add Noro to my budget, I'm starting one. Have fun with yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Noro is so beautiful....it looks good in anything...and that shawl is awesome. I can't wait to see your progress.

    Sorry about the sweater giving you fits. Just put it down and work on the lovely shawl for a while.

    Blessings always

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you figure out the problem with the sweater as it's looking wonderful! I gave up on Noro when I made a scarf and it was full of prickly vegetable matter and was scratchy as heck. I hope yours is softer! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh, I can't wait to see your Noro creation!! That bag looks great and I do love me some Noro (though it is a bit "sticky" to work with, it is so worth it).

    I'm betting the crochet fairies whisper in your ear tonight. ;) I know the knitting fairies visit me sometimes. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little top is coming on great I think, and so what if there is an extra row it looks good to me, I hope the crochet fairy's help you out with your dilemma haha. I do love that bag but now is not the time I must finish some of what I'm doing first. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wool winders they do such a great job on the yarn :)) pretty colours too..
    Hope the fary calls tonight :))
    hugs pat ..



    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool :) You'll need 24 squares for a good bag, or 17 for a smaller size. I used standard 4-round squares for mine.
    Good luck! :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm .. nice Noro - great colours. I hate it when you get halfway through something and the pattern goes wonky - very frustrating. Your jacket looks ok to me though. Can't you just make the back to match?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have made that cardigan a few times now and each time I got stuck on it it is absolutely infuriating!! and its not even that hard but you really really have to concentrate on what you are doing! I ripped my 1st one back so many times I'm surprised it didnt fall apart!!Yours is lovely the red is stunning :D Keep at it and you'll get there in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was inspired by that bag also, it is gorgeous. Love the red for the sweater. Is it a vest or are you putting sleeves on it?

    Happy long weekend, I am going to love every minute of it.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bag is going to be super cute! Seeing this made me go dig my Noro out of the stash. Good luck on your red sweater. I know sometimes I have to step away from something that doesn't work or I will take a match to it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This blooming pattern did exactly the same to me too!! SoOOOOO frustrating, I just made it up in the end - how bad is that!!! Hope it's going okay xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥