Sunday, May 19, 2013

Crochet Work Basket



Dusty Pink & Linen

******************************


I've had this recipe on my "To Do" list for a long time. It's Trisha Yearwood's Coconut Cake with Coconut-Lemon Glaze. I made it yesterday evening.


The glaze ruined it for me. There was way too much of it, and it was much too sweet and lemony for me...it had a bitter lemony bite to it. (Yes, I know how to grate a lemon without getting the bitter white part in it. That wasn't the problem.) I love lemon AND coconut, so I don't know why this just didn't knock my socks off. 

On the other hand, the cake is GREAT. I've had the recipe for the cake for a long time, but it's called a Vanilla Wafer Bundt Cake in my recipes. It would be really great without the glaze. I will make the cake again, but I won't use this glaze recipe. Maybe just a light dusting of powdered sugar would be best.

***********************

This is a really good little magazine with a lot of patterns and a great price at $3.99.

******************************

Fletch has a rash on his belly. He has it every spring & summer when the grass comes out. It's ichy and drives him nuts. He and Sammi both have allergies to grass so they get 1/2 a Benadryl nearly every day to help with the itchiness.

Fletch loves to be held like this so he can look at everything upside-down. The first thing he does when he is picked up is lean his head back so you'll hold him that way. He loves you to walk around the house with him looking at everything upside-down. It makes him very calm. He is a very strange dog. We think he might be slightly autistic, and I'm not kidding.

******************************

I'm late for my Three O'Clock Coffee. I've gotta scram. See ya.

16 comments:

  1. Pammy Sue: Love the new heading girl..Pretty. My dog gets the allergic reaction to chicken, weird I know. I love your squares and color choices. I have actually tried to get that magazine, told it was in Walmart, not mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a nut! I loved those colors!!! But I love the new ones too. I just followed the link you posted to that purty blanket! Wow...so pretty!
    Poor Fletchy baby.....hate itching!!!
    And gol darn it, don't you hate it when you make something that you think will be so yummy, and it isn't what you expected!!!
    I texted you back yesterday...did you get it? Hope you are doing okay.
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love , love your new heading. Beautiful.
    The cake alone looks yummy but the glaze does look a little much, however I'm sure I would eat it!!! Anything sweet, I'm there! :-)
    The blanket is turning out beautifully too.
    Fletch is a sweetie. Isn't it strange how each dog, (or cat), has it's own distinct personality? Just like us I suppose!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun blog Pammy Sue! That dog story cracked me up.

    There's something special about a basket of a crochet. I just had to keep staring at those pictures...upside down ever. ;-)

    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about Fletch not nice, we have a cat similar pulls his fur out and his belly get bald hehe injections have sorted him out so we have a fully furry cat at the moment
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The crochet project looks very good with those candy colors. I'm sorry for the cake. I think you are right, sugar is better for the cake. Or you can make a chocolate glaze.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a dog years ago with SEVERE reactions to grass. We finally had to eliminate all grass in our yard...the $$$$$$s we spent trying to figure out that dog's rashes! Oy! Love the colors of your squares...can't wait to see the finished product! The cake...looks yum before the sauce. I miss cake but don't miss the pounds! I'm an addict with sugar, no doubt about it...like an alcoholic, I just can't even take a "sip". Being abstinent from sugar gives me a wonderful weird sense of freedom because I'm not making myself feel guilty daily. I'll take the freedom...for now. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you might have a slightly autistic dog, why not? Poor baby with the skin allergy. Love your squares, you are going wild with them. A weekend to yourself will do that.
    Hugs to you Pam,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow .. those colors are gorgeous - it is going to be a blanket isn't it ? Have to laugh about Fletch (not his rash) .. showing his manhood (or lack of it) in all its glory. Such a show-off LOL. Seriously though, I hope his rash gets better soon. So cute how he likes looking upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh love the crochet basket. The colors are so pretty.

    Awww poor little Fletch and Sammi. I hope they are both feeling better with the Benadryl.

    It cracks me up that Fletch loves to look at the world upside down. I think it's adorable.

    Thank you for all your kind words and prayers you have left me since I've been so ill. I am back on the mend and I wanted to drop by and say Thank You for being so sweet, too.

    Blessing and hugs always dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new project looks great! I love the block, looks like you got a lot done already. I don't know why my white one is taking so long.
    My Boston gets the same rash from grass. We get a spray from the vet called GenOne (gentamicin sulfate). I think it's a steroid, but we just spray his belly when it flares up. Does Fletch ever walk really slow to his water bowl like he is in a trance? Mine does and I heard it's a neurological thing like a seizure. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe, poor doggie! I use to give my dog a raw beaten egg with a tablespoon of oil. Sure gave him a nice coat.
    Love the squares.
    The cake looked good. Maybe less glaze?
    I gotta try that cake.!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the dusty pink...delicious!!!!
    Hoping poor Fletch feels better soon.....looks very attractive in the photo ;)
    Karen xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the new colors.. will you be doing that cool interlocked joining method? I am intrigued by that! Our dog is allergic to yeast bread! We used to feed him the crust off our homemade sourdough bread and he got black skin on his belly. Can't wait to see your blanket connected! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors of the new squares.
    Sorry about Fletch's allergy....Sammy's too. I had a dog that had the very same thing and the vet used to put her on some kind of steroid pill that would clear it right up.
    Yum! That cake looked good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pammy Sue, I found the Sirdar link for that cardigan for you, it has the pattern number on it so you might be able to find it a bit easier...x

    http://www.sirdar.co.uk/designs/babiesDesigns/cardigansjacketsBabies/1901

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥