Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday Piddling

Who doesn't love a Saturday morning around the house? I never clean on a Saturday. My momma used to make us all clean house on Saturdays, so I promised myself when I grew up I'd never-ever clean house on a Saturday. Saturday is for doing whatever you want! Go, stay, get dressed, stay in your PJs, sleep, cook, shop, eat out, eat in, piddle, and putter. So...

I put a big pot of chili together this morning at the Captain's request. It'll simmer all afternoon, and we'll have it this evening while watching the race. I love it when they race on Saturday night.

The Captain is piddling with his metal detector and doing some man things.

I found a free pattern for a little Granny Dress earlier in the week. I'm about to start it now. You can find it HERE. FYI...I started to make it the other day, but the first row just wasn't working out for me the way the pattern said it should. After some help from Linda, I think I know what to do now. If you follow the link on Linda's name and scroll down one entry, you'll see the pretty red Granny Dress she made using this pattern.

Anyway, that's what I'm about to start when I'm finished posting this. I thought I'd try the peach and cream yarn I had in my stash. I'm just making it for the fun of it. I needed something fun to make before I start that t-shirt rug, which by the way, I haven't touched since making the t-shirt yarn.

Lastly, I made these two crochet-covered rocks Thursday. I used the first few rounds from doily patterns I had and just winged the rest. I tried to make another pineapple design on one, but it didn't work out for me. I'll try again. I spray-painted that biggest rock black before crocheting the white cover. It would be fun to get some different colors to paint the rocks with before covering them. 

That's it from me. Enjoy your Saturday!

6 comments:

  1. I love days like that, pittering and puttering around. I have been gardening and I am very tired, time now to read blogs and crochet.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum on the chili! You always make the yummiest looking stuff. I'm half tempted to jump in my car and head to your house...I'll bring the corn bread and tea!

    I am loving watching you make all these neat crochet things. :)

    Blessings always

    ReplyDelete
  3. At our house we call them Trackie dack days...LOL.. On with the slow cooker, sit back on a cold day and craft ALL DAY .. Bring them on I say..hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute dress Pammy Sue! And I love the rocks ... They rock! :) I also loooooooovvvvvveeeee chili, but I think we might have some warm weather so..... No chili for us right now.,
    Have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chili looks yummy!! I have yet to make my first pot of chili. As soon as I find a good recipe, I will make a pot. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥