Saturday, April 13, 2013

Porch-Sitting

Ollie relaxing on the glider.

Fletch & The Captain watching TV.
We'll be watching the race on the back porch tonight.

The Indian Hawthorn Pink Ladies in the backyard are in bloom.

I was looking through an old crochet book and came across one with a recipe included. Weird. I made it with my own ingredients, and it was really good. Here's what I did:

Baked Beef & Veggies

1 lb beef stew meat
1 can diced tomatoes seasoned for chili, drained
Onion & Green Pepper slices
Fresh Cauliflower pieces
Light BBQ Sauce

Spray two pieces of foil with non-stick cooking spray (like Pam).  My foil pieces were about 1.5 feet long each. Place half of the stew meat on each. Add onions, peppers, and cauliflower pieces. Add drained tomatoes to each. Top each with a generous drizzle of BBQ sauce. Seal up the foil. Place foil packets onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 310 degrees F for three hours. It was delicious!

The  original recipe calls for the stew meat with potato and carrot slices. I used lower-carb veggies. The instructions said to bake at 350 for an hour & 15 minutes.

I love this Nazli Gelin Garden thread.
It's very silky-smooth.
I ordered these online from Jimmy Bean.

I also ordered this pattern book with 16 patterns in it.
I probably won't make anything from it, but it was fun to look at.

I'm off to porch-sit some more.
Hope you're having a nice weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Pammy Sue. I miss you! We need to have another texting session!
    I have been doing a lot of porch sittin' too lately. Right now, I am on the back patio after spending the day in the yard. It is getting to be perfect weather for porch sittin'.
    Your stew sounds good! I'm so tired, I wish someone would make me dinner tonight!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful weather here also for sitting on the porch. Only problem is all of the yucky yellow pollen! I think I have that pattern book with the beef stew recipe. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Porch sitting, great way to spend some time. Enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So restful - enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pammy Sue .. Lovely to see a pic of my fave little man. Fletch is looking handsome too - of course, as is the captain's leg !!! I'm going to try that recipe - sounds good and nice and easy. I was inspired by the shawl you made recently and have finished mine. Will blog about it maybe tomorrow. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was porch sitting a bit yesterday too, but then I noticed i needed to clean off the table and counters...well you know where this led. It is perfect weather to be outside right now, warm but not blazing hot and humid.
    I hope you enjoy some crochet time outside today. Have you thought about making the vest?
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Little Ollie looks so cute hanging out on the glider. The expression on Fletch's face is cracking me up. It's like, "Dude, this again?" :)

    Oh, the Nazli Gelin Garden thread is lovely. Do you have a doily in mind for it?

    The shawl on the cover of the book is really pretty, it would also make a great throw, too.

    Wishing you a lovely day...hugs to all the fur babies, too.

    Blessings always dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always a pleasure seeing pictures of your furry loves. They are so stinking cute! We are having some decent porch sitting days here in Indy however, it is going to cold again later this week.
    Love to you my Texas friend♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥