Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Mmm...Roast

We're having roast for dinner...

I got my roast out of the fridge and covered it in yummy spices...kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika. Then I rubbed it in really good with my hands. As Paula Deen always says, "Girls, don't be afraid to rub your meat!" LOL. Then I get my pan really hot, pour in some olive oil, and browned the roast really good on both sides. Then I put it in the crock pot which I had sprayed with Pam.

I sliced up some onions, added a little more oil to the same pan, and browned them really well too... 

I threw them in the crock on top of the meat. I didn't use any other veggies that normally go with roast since we are still low-carbing, but you could add carrots and potatoes and even some celery if you wanted.

Then I poured in some beef broth, just enough to cover everything well. I used a little over half of this box.

Put the lid on and let it cook on low all day long.
YUM.

Then I cleaned up my kitchen cuz I made a big mess, did the dishes, cleaned out the fridge, and now I'm not going to do much else all day. 

I can't find anything that I really want to crochet. I hate when that happens. The t-shirt yarn is staring at me from across the room, but I'm not in the mood for that big hook right now. Maybe I'll work on the doily I have started. It's going to be pretty in two shades of gray yarn. Hmm...I'll think on that a while. Maybe I need a nap. Yes. When in doubt, take a nap in your cool, dark bedroom with some soft, furry friends of the canine (or feline) variety. Who cares if you've only been up for three hours?

What are y'all doing this boring Tuesday? Hmm?

6 comments:

  1. I have to find a hat and maybe a new dress for a few events coming up. I do not like clothes shopping. Your day sounds better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum on the roast. :)

    I've been up to no good on this boring Tuesday of course! I try to be good, but I just can't seem to pull it off.

    Maybe I'll go take a nap as well. :)

    Hugs and blessings always dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can smell that roast from here!! Wish I could pop over and visit!!
    Unfortunately, our hot water heater pooped out on us last night! So I have just returned from Lowe's to buy another one, and will have to wait all afternoon for the installer to come. Not what I wanted to spend a thousand dollars on today, for sure!!!
    Boo Hiss!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum to your roast.
    Here in Mi it almost reached 80* so
    I spent the day on the tractor rolling moles trails.
    An evening of granny squares is about to begin.
    Congrats on sticking with your low carbing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ticks all the boxes for me :))
    Slow cooking is my thing for winter ..
    hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I moved my son out of his dorm room, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Now I am home and getting ready to go to work, now that is boring.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥