Monday, March 25, 2013

The Little Yellow Doily



Fun, fun, fun.

I'm having such fun with the thread, I've started another one in purple and off-white. A girl needs to change things up once and a while.


Fletch and I went for a very chilly walk in the park and woods this morning...on one side it was civilized and city-fied...



...and on the other it was rustic and country-fied...



I had two sweaters on, a coat, a hood, a thick headband for my ears, leather gloves, and I was still cold. Poor little Fletch must have been freezing his...uh, ur, toes off, but he didn't seem to notice. The Captain was somewhere detecting for metal goodies. Speaking on which, I didn't tell you what he found the other day, did I?

Ooo...Cleopatra's jewelry!
Okay, it was crap.
But still, it was fun.

We've still yet to determine the age of that quarter up top, but it's definitely a quarter because you can see the outline of George's head, unmistakably. This morning we dug and dug at the persistent ring of the metal detector. What did we find, you ask? It was a Matchbox car six inches deep! Again, useless but fun. The anticipation is the fun part. We'll keep trying.




I'm gonna go rustle-up something for a late lunch.
Y'all come back now.

9 comments:

  1. I have never crocheted with thread even though everyone seems to love it. Now you are making me want to give it a go.
    Love your the yellow and the deep purple.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics of the park..
    The doily has a small pineapple pattern , very pretty in yellow.
    my first thought for the jewelry was to make it into a brooch.. After watching American pickers, I wouldn't throw anything away lol.. the little match box toy just might be worth a bob or 2 :))
    You are on a roll with the doilies, The purple is fab..
    Have a great day . hugs pat..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Yellow doily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!!! Fun finds with the metal detector!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your doily turned out lovely Pammy Sue. Bet Fletch loved his walk - what a pretty part of the world you live in. Will it be Ollie's turn tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love taking a break from yarn and doing a doily or 12 LOL. Glad you are enjoying your metal detector.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a "happy" color! Looks like a ray of sunshine. Wishing you a wonderful Easter, Pammy Sue! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. These doilies are too pretty to put anything on top of them. I'd frame them. They would look very cool hanging on a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friend Butch just bought a metal detector. I told him he needs to bring it out to the house. He said yea right, won't find anything out there. He forgot that the Civil War was fought here. I can't wait til he brings it out. I'll be right there with a shovel. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥