Friday, March 22, 2013

Mad for Madelinetosh Butter

Madelinetosh Yarn
in Butter

I've been hearing about this yarn lately. Never heard of it before, and all of the sudden, every few days someone else would mention it on their blog or I'd see it on Ravelry. So tonight I did some investigating, and the butter colorway immediately grabbed me. Just look...


They have worsted, they have merino light, they have DK, they have lace, they have silk, and on and on...


Yellow is not a color I'm usually very fond of, but this is just buttery and beautiful. I have a crush on yarn! I want it really badly. GAH! But I don't need it at all, and it's kind of expensive. I have more yarn than I know what to do with as it is. What'll I do? 

I will not buy it tonight. I'll sleep on it. Maybe it's just a passing fancy and I'll forget about it.


I kind of want to lick it.
Is that weird?


Yes, that's weird.
I have to go now.
Bye.

13 comments:

  1. That yellow is absolutely YUMMY! Now I want some! I think you need to buy some immediately! :-) Just think, yellow would be perfect for summer! Summer evenings.. on the porch.. fireflies flitting about..

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not weird if you are a yarn lover, I pick up yarn rub it across my cheek and smell it. Is that weird? Yarn fumes make me dizzy with happiness. I say go for it, buttery yellow seems about perfect for Spring.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a wonderful solution to your problem. You so want to buy that yarn don't you? BUT you have way too much - SO go ahead and buy it and send it to your friend in Aussie who loves yellow (especially the buttery yellow) yarn !!! There you go - no probs at all now :) :) :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Madelintosh..I have some. What is that shawl pattern. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't start on it... you'll be hooked. ;) blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pammy Sue,
    I love this buttery yellow. I've never heard of this yarn but maybe I should try something different than Caron Simply Soft. LOL! I love the look of your blog design too.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say go ahead..Lick the yarn!!!! Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a must. One of the best yellows I've ever seen. So, did it look just as yummy this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Yes, Yes! Madtosh is my favorite!
    You will not be sorry if you buy it. I love the Merino Light, it works up so beautifully. That yellow color is scrumptious. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous.. The colour is stunning who wouldn't want to have it in their stash.. So pretty :))
    hugs pat..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see nothing crazy about licking it, it does look like creamery butter, but when I saw it I felt like it was worth a good "bury my face in it" sort of reaction. It is lovely and I can see why you would want it, and yes, by all means, buy it, I'm sure you deserve to treat yourself girl. We gals all need something special because we are special. It could be your Easter present to yourself. Just put it in a basket and make it a "look what the Easter Bunny brought me" kind of morning.
    (((Hugs))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That yellow yarn is yummy!!!!
    I have not tried the crochet with thread! Yikes!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, at least you admit it. I'm weird too. It is a lovely color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥