Sunday, March 24, 2013

It's Not MAD, But It'll Do

I didn't realize it at the time, but I'm pretty sure my brain chose this thread color and project because of the MADelinetosh Butter still in the back of my mind. Although not nearly as luscious and dimensional, it is almost the exact color. If you haven't a clue what I'm talking about, see my previous post.

I haven't crocheted with thread in a good long time, so it was MADdening at first to get a rhythm going. I'm going to finish this today while watching the race. (That is my new Drew Emborsky crochet hook with a squishy handle in the picture. I like it.)

Totally on a whim, I bought this book at Michael's the other day. It has lots of cute patterns in it. All of them are somewhere around 15 rounds, give or take. I'm about to begin Round 8, and you can see how small this one is. 

Speaking of MADdening...

When I ran out of black ink in my printer this morning, I realized that this itty-bitty cartridge was going to cost me TWICE as much as a skein of MADelinetosh yarn! ARGHhhh! Yes, I'm still obsessing over that damn yarn, but I haven't ordered any. I'm going to wait a month or so because...

I bought these six skeins of yarn the other day at JoAnn's when I was looking for that Serenity Garden yarn to finish my shawl. When I couldn't find it, I happened to come upon this bamboo yarn on clearance. Instead of the usual $6.95 per skein, it was $2.95 per skein! SCORE! So this is the yarn for my next shawl. It's JoAnn's brand, Sensations, in Truly (or Bamboo & Ewe), color #49371 Turquoise. But it's not Turquoise at all. It's more of a denim. It's soft and yuumy. (But not nearly as yummy as MADelinetosh! Okay, I'll stop.)

**********************
Switching gears now...

I attended the funeral of my aunt on Friday. I made the 60-mile trip by myself just because I wanted to be alone. These pictures depict exactly how I was feeling as I drove. It was a gray and cold day, exactly as you always picture a funeral day to be...at least I do. More on this lovely lady in a later, special post.



Back soon.

8 comments:

  1. So sorry about your Aunt. I had two Aunt's that I adored, I still miss them. Love the new yarn but I still think you should get the Mad Tosh yarn, it is the color of Spring what more could you ask for?
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh .. who mentioned a new kind of hook? Will have to check those out. I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt - thoughts are with you and your family. Always such a sad time. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still love the colour, and the delicate patterns you are making :))
    Sorry to read about your Aunt,Pammy Sue They are special people in our lives..
    hugs pat ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The drive to a funeral of a beloved one...somber, painful.
    I understand your need to be alone. The grayness can be cradling, can't it? I am sorry for your loss.

    Buttery yarn for comfort and the blues for inner peace. Colors have a way of finding us.
    Enjoy them Pammy Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your aunt. Love the color of the thread you're working with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ((hugs))

    So sorry for the loss of your Aunt. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    Love all the yarn pictures...and the doily is lovely.

    Blessings to you always friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. Hope you were able to support the rest of your family, too, during the funeral.

    The Bamboo and Ewe color is delicious. Can't wait to see your shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have that book also. I need to revisit it soon I think. I meant to ask you in an earlier comment about the lighted hook. Do you like it? I pondered getting one. I won the stitch light that Crochet Today was having a contest on. $50 for the thing. I wouldn't pay for it but it's a neat little gadget. Happy that I won it. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥